72-Year-Old Briton Found Dead In Chon Buri, Police Suspect He Was Killed

webfact

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another job for Jessica Fletcher or Columbo. Had a drink with this David nice guy pleasant why would someone kill a man of 72 yrs COWARDLY asshol_e who ever you were you will pay one way or the other. R.I.P. David condolences to his Family.

• Like 1

More valuable dead than alive maybe ? Must be more to the story...

@Boss: That motive "More Valuable Dead <> Alive" is much more often the case than many may suspect ! ! I could not know if this was the case here, but it very often leads to murder, which is then 'ruled' a suicide and the perpetrator lives 'happily; ever after . . . . .

Chaps: Be Aware ! ! You reap what you sow ! ! !

402.gif

He leaves a three year old daughter - and therein is the making of an on going tragedy.

The tragedy is him having a baby at 69 years old.

So you would prefer that this child did not exist at all?? Would that make things right in your mind?? You categorise giving life to a child as a tragedy; so very sad.

My friend of 72 years recently died and his 40 yr old wife and his 2 year old son were devastated as there was genuine love for him. The age difference means nothing. OK I understand they were seperated but that doesn't automatically mean foul play for those who suggest a connection with the wife and Mr Alan. We simply don't know what has happened here. The police are very good here when they take a case seriously. I believe they will find Mr Alan quickly and get to the bottom of it.

Rest in Peace

• Like 2

Me think its a cover up! The murder was actually commited by some Thais who are sick to see retired grandfathers come here and marry younger girls or boys and decided to do something about it. If you were to refer to the webboards on Pantip.com and also in some camfrog rooms, you will see that more and more thais are turning anti-farang these days. You cannot blame them to a certain extend though.

As a retired law enforcement investigator, these reports always sound crazy to me. So many questions, and such poor reporting......Wife tried to contact in there own home? Problems with a boxer? How old the boxer? Husband more than twice the age of wife!!!! I will not say what I think of this case on here due to the simple fact, that If we all had a half of brain......solved. I would look at the wife and her maybe boyfriend..... Of course far be it for a murder investigator to know what most likely to happen from poor reporting. I love living here but ...dam_n.

As a retired law enforcement investigator you have jumped to a lot of conclusions in your above statement.

" that If we all had a half of brain......solved". Please pray tell, what is the answer? BTW, it is not up to the reporter or newspaper (as much as I distrust both) to solve the case. They are reporting with the facts they have been given, so I don't see where your comment on poor reporting comes into it.

As a retired law enforcement investigator, these reports always sound crazy to me. So many questions, and such poor reporting......Wife tried to contact in there own home? Problems with a boxer? How old the boxer? Husband more than twice the age of wife!!!! I will not say what I think of this case on here due to the simple fact, that If we all had a half of brain......solved. I would look at the wife and her maybe boyfriend..... Of course far be it for a murder investigator to know what most likely to happen from poor reporting. I love living here but ...dam_n.

I think if it were a murder for hire, it would have been less messy. Just a shot or two to the head, done. It looks more like a murder, perhaps for a debt not paid.

I hope the police do an uncharacteristic thorough investigation and justice prevails.

Condolences.

what a story, the police only believes ( ?????????????????) he was killed

no, it was a suicide, off course

Give the police a chance, mate. They accept there was a struggle. Let them do what they need to do and hope for a just outcome.

When there is a little tea money involved for a small matter,which has been going on well since my first visit in1969 so be it,that is the Thai way.When it comes to serious crime I think the Thai police do a good job,

David was a very nice man who had many friends, none of whom have ever heard of an American boxer. It is a cock and bull story, an attempt to cover up what really happened. Sadly it will probably work, and the perpetrator will get away with this murder, gain financially, and live happily ever after. He is not the first, and certainly won't be the last! Sadly for many people here, their fate is sealed as soon as they make a will.

• Like 2

..the ex-wife is suddenly concerned......and suddenly has a convenient explanation, too..........

There is nothing to suggest that she is suddenly concerned. They have a daughter so were probably in regular contact. Seems quite normal to me.

He leaves a three year old daughter - and therein is the making of an on going tragedy.

Why, he may have lived another 20 years. May have gave her a great start in life and sme fathering that many kids don't have. Kudos to the guy. At least he was around to support the child, more then I can say for many punks today.

And of course, every teenager would love to have a father who is over 80.

British Millionaire Found Dead In Luxury Home

SATTAHIP:--A 72-year-old British millionaire was found lying naked in a pool of blood in his luxury Sattahip home. His ex-wife believes he was murdered. Police are seeking an American boxer who reportedly had an argument with the Brit a few days before his body was found, according to his ex-wife.

PATTAYA – July 30, 2012 [PDN]; At 2:30 p.m., Pol. Lt. Naret Boonthee, investigation officer on duty, Sattahip police station, Chonburi province, was notified that a foreigner had died in luxury house in Baan Bang Saray market, address 2/11 Moo 5 Tambon Bang Saray, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province.

He rushed to the scene with Pol. Col. Chonnapat Nawalak, Superintendent, Sattahip police station; Pol. Lt. Col. Prakorb Saengpring, Deputy Superintendent; a detective police team; and the rescue officer of Sawangrojjanathammasathan Sattahip foundation.

They arrived at a large, 3-story luxury home with a swimming pool on an estate occupying 1 rai. On the first floor, they discovered the nude body of Mr. David Farrell, 72, British, a former real estate businessman.

He was lying on the floor on a pool of blood. There were wounds on his left forehead and nose, which had had bled profusely. There were also many bruises on his body. Police estimated he had been dead for two days.

On the third floor, broken wine bottles and other stuff were scattered on the floor. Bloodstains were on the wall and the stairs, and on the floors of all three stories of the house. However, valuable items were not taken.

Police questioned his ex-wife, Mrs. Koranit Chuangchai, 33. She has a daughter, 3, and told police she had previously lived with Mr. David for six years. But she said Mr. David had many congenital diseases, and he was always spending time with his friend, which created problems for the family, so they decided to divorce. She said she left Mr. David about three months ago to live elsewhere with her daughter. Mr. David then lived alone in the luxury house.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/07/31/british-millionaire-found-dead-in-luxury-home/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-07-31

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

This is weird. People are saying that respect for the feelings of the family should be shown. By all accounts his family are Thai and his child is 3 years old...I don't think that they will be on here reading this thread. It's also hard to feel any emotion for the death of someone that we have never met, sad fact, but true. Why was he naked? Why was there blood on the 3rd floor and he was found on the 1st floor? How did the American get in? Did the man open the door naked or did he open the door with his clothes on and then get naked once the guy was there? Was this American a lover?

If we are to be without judgement and just state the facts here, a 66 year old man marrying a 27 year old girl has to be considered unusual. Without judgement...

What is more unusual is the fact that he decided to have kids. We are way beyond the mid life crisis stage, here. It would lead me to question the wisdom and moral compass of such a person...The relationship is acceptable in this day and age, two consenting adults with their own motivations should be allowed to pursue their own dersires...why have children?

As far as this man is concerned, he had 66 years of experience under his belt and still decided to marry a 27 year old woman...He clearly did not read this forum...

People on here have the right to offer their sympathies for a life lost but, let's not ignore the facts...If this murder is going to be solved by the police, they will need to know the man himself.

The facts are: 72 year old retired estate agent, married someone young enough to be his grand daughter, has a child of his own that is young enough to be his great great grand daughter, divorced his grand daughter and found naked beaten in his own house, with no signs of forced entry and has been known to be 'friendly' with another male. It took 3 days for him to be discovered, so clearly, after 6 years has not managed to acquire a group of concerned friends...

Save you sympathies for people who actually wake up in the morning, live a life that is honest and just, surround themselves by people that they genuinely love and love them back. If we live our lives making bad, selfish, childish, hedonistic, egotistical decisions we should expect, at some point, for it to bite us in the ass...He had a good run..

It's all too weird. On the other hand, it's quite possible that he was the nicest and purest man on earth who just happened to move to Thailand, marry his grand daughter, father his great great grand child and get mixed up with a crazy American boxer, if that is the case I stand corrected...

your grand parents ever tell you if you can not say any thing nice ,then say nothing at all.

This is weird. People are saying that respect for the feelings of the family should be shown. By all accounts his family are Thai and his child is 3 years old...I don't think that they will be on here reading this thread. It's also hard to feel any emotion for the death of someone that we have never met, sad fact, but true. Why was he naked? Why was there blood on the 3rd floor and he was found on the 1st floor? How did the American get in? Did the man open the door naked or did he open the door with his clothes on and then get naked once the guy was there? Was this American a lover?

If we are to be without judgement and just state the facts here, a 66 year old man marrying a 27 year old girl has to be considered unusual. Without judgement...

What is more unusual is the fact that he decided to have kids. We are way beyond the mid life crisis stage, here. It would lead me to question the wisdom and moral compass of such a person...The relationship is acceptable in this day and age, two consenting adults with their own motivations should be allowed to pursue their own dersires...why have children?

As far as this man is concerned, he had 66 years of experience under his belt and still decided to marry a 27 year old woman...He clearly did not read this forum...

People on here have the right to offer their sympathies for a life lost but, let's not ignore the facts...If this murder is going to be solved by the police, they will need to know the man himself.

The facts are: 72 year old retired estate agent, married someone young enough to be his grand daughter, has a child of his own that is young enough to be his great great grand daughter, divorced his grand daughter and found naked beaten in his own house, with no signs of forced entry and has been known to be 'friendly' with another male. It took 3 days for him to be discovered, so clearly, after 6 years has not managed to acquire a group of concerned friends...

Save you sympathies for people who actually wake up in the morning, live a life that is honest and just, surround themselves by people that they genuinely love and love them back. If we live our lives making bad, selfish, childish, hedonistic, egotistical decisions we should expect, at some point, for it to bite us in the ass...He had a good run..

It's all too weird. On the other hand, it's quite possible that he was the nicest and purest man on earth who just happened to move to Thailand, marry his grand daughter, father his great great grand child and get mixed up with a crazy American boxer, if that is the case I stand corrected...

sick.gif Confucius say..."So sorry but you have failed entry into club of philosophy."wai.gif

Thailand is a great place to be in, but, unfortunately, it's also dangerous and full of corruption.

Same as MOST other countries.

R.I.P

It is indeed unfortunate, but it's also unfortunate that so many posters on TV always seem to regard such events as one more opportunity to post the same recycled childish messages. There's no substance to them, no real regard for the deceased and they're usually fact-free speculation fueled by paranoia or ghoulishness. And there always seems to be a flood of "newbie" posters or at least newbie IDs.

NEWBIE? I have been a member here for quite a long time...I just don't feel it nessary it post on every topic that comes to words here......Because I am in your words a newbie, I am not qualified to post on a topic that I have over 25 years experence on? I am however wondering, what the real substance of your current post is? I average 1 post per year.....You have so many more posts here.....I guess you feel like you are special since you have nothing else to do except to voice your mind on topics in wich you have not a clue......Have a wonderful night, and hope you realize that most people on this site use it as a tool of information.....not as a place to feel special by voicing our opinions on topics that you have not a clue. Keep posting.......but trust me, nobody cares, including this post....LOL

clap2.gifGreat post. Particularly "I guess you feel like you are special since you have nothing else to do except to voice your mind on topics in wich you have not a clue."clap2.gif

David was a very nice man who had many friends, none of whom have ever heard of an American boxer. It is a cock and bull story, an attempt to cover up what really happened. Sadly it will probably work, and the perpetrator will get away with this murder, gain financially, and live happily ever after. He is not the first, and certainly won't be the last! Sadly for many people here, their fate is sealed as soon as they make a will.

Funny this is as I was reading through this thread I thought exactly the same thing. Now you have confirmed it.

Wife left three months before ...and starts pointing the finger at some imaginary farang...familar story here with many farangs who die....girlfriend and wife are never around at the time but turn up a bit later all distraught and upset.....

• Like 1

But she said Mr. David had many congenital diseases, and he was always spending time with his friend, which created problems for the family, so they decided to divorce. She said she left Mr. David about three months ago to live elsewhere with her daughter.

that sounds like grounds for divorce to me. Old white guy wants to spend time with other white guys. Guess he couldn't find what he was looking for conversing with his 33yr old wife? No surprise really. But does she leave a Millionaire because he spends time with his friends?

Why? a man having a child latter in life means the child will live longer on average than one born to a younger father.

The child's telomeres wiil be longer if there father was older.

Edited by Chopperboy

Funny this is as I was reading through this thread I thought exactly the same thing. Now you have confirmed it.

Wife left three months before ...and starts pointing the finger at some imaginary farang...familar story here with many farangs who die....girlfriend and wife are never around at the time but turn up a bit later all distraught and upset.....

to me..this is blanantly obvious.....separated for 3 months, estranged wife is playing hide the sausage with the with the mysterious American, deceased and estranged wife in the house either he is confronting her about the American, or one party want reconcilation, maybe sex takes place, arguement/fight breaks out, she batters him with the wine bottle or bottles, she leaves...he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and expires,

Edited by Soutpeel