Michelle Smith ‘Killers’ Reject Confession

Lite Beer

The re-enactment photo above shows the accused holding a knife in the 'psycho' grip, utilized when a powerful thrust is required. That is consistent with the deep wound to Michelle Smith's heart, as detailed in other news reports of this incident.

I don't know much about Thai law, but in Australia, an intent not to kill, but to cause serious injury, where the victim dies of the injuries, is still murder.

The two accused have been on remand since their arrest for weeks now, with, no doubt, visits from a solicitor. Maybe the realization of a possible death penalty has finally hit home.

This news will not make the Smith family feel any better.

"I dont kno much about thai law".............until you have lived here, you cannot even begin to imagine !

The re-enactment photo above shows the accused holding a knife in the 'psycho' grip, utilized when a powerful thrust is required. That is consistent with the deep wound to Michelle Smith's heart, as detailed in other news reports of this incident.

I don't know much about Thai law, but in Australia, an intent not to kill, but to cause serious injury, where the victim dies of the injuries, is still murder.

The two accused have been on remand since their arrest for weeks now, with, no doubt, visits from a solicitor. Maybe the realization of a possible death penalty has finally hit home.

This news will not make the Smith family feel any better.

Murder in Australia requires Intention or "Intent" to kill. All other deaths resulting from injury by another person are classed as manslaughter, of which there are varying degree's. Depending on which state murder is committed a life sentence can be handed down which ranges from 15-25 years. Rape and GBH have similar prison terms.

Bond Law Degree

Murder is defined in the New South Wales (NSW) Crimes Act 1900 as follows:

Murder shall be taken to have been committed where the act of the accused, or thing by him or her omitted to be done, causing the death charged, was done or omitted with reckless indifference to human life,
or with intent to kill or inflict grievous bodily harm upon some person
or done in an attempt to commit, or during or immediately after the commission, by the accused, or some accomplice with him or her, of a crime...
Edited by Radar501
  • Like 1

Please don't blame Thailand for the actions of a couple of cheap criminals.

Let's remember that a man in Sydney killed his brother and parents on the weekend. Don't forget what happened in the US and Norway recently too. We don't condemn those three countries, do we?

Let's remember that a man in Sydney killed his brother and parents on the weekend. Don't forget what happened in the US and Norway recently too. We don't condemn those three countries, do we?

The Thai bashers conveniently forget what goes on in their own countries.

Murder per se does indeed occur elsewhere but this thread relates to another murder of a foreign tourist that occurred here & the low esteem in which foreigners are generally held by some elements of Thai society. I further note that police elsewhere actually know what they're doing.

@Nigel 1500; I cannot recall any foreigners & certainly no Thais being among the victims in any of the cases highlighted in order to justify your post. If i'm wrong see previous sentance re police.

Condolences to the family of Mrs Smith.

Edited by evadgib

@Nigel 1500; I cannot recall any foreigners & certainly no Thais being among the victims in any of the cases highlighted in order to justify your post. If i'm wrong see previous sentance re police.

Huh?

What cases?

You keep criticising Thailand and the Royal Thai Police. Why are you here? Pack your bags and get on a plane!