Phuket Expat Dokset Murder Trial: All Charges Denied

george

I think many of the contributing posters may have overlooked the case of the Tetra-Pak billionaire in UK.

Wife lay decomposing for 2 months in their 70 million pound mansion. Covered by plastic bin liners that had been taped together(showing intent). Deflected numerous questions as to her whereabouts(more intent).

Both have history of instability, but at such advanced state of decomposition no conclusive cause of death. He was just this week found guilt of not reporting her death. He'll do a year or two in mental health facility. As mentioned above, he is a.billionaire. Money (and social status) talks, even in Europe.

Dokset is relatively wealthy by Thai standards. A good lawyer and he does a similar amount of time.

Might not be right, but that's how the world works.

I liked his online persona.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of the contributing posters may have overlooked the case of the Tetra-Pak billionaire in UK.

Wife lay decomposing for 2 months in their 70 million pound mansion. Covered by plastic bin liners that had been taped together(showing intent). Deflected numerous questions as to her whereabouts(more intent).

Both have history of instability, but at such advanced state of decomposition no conclusive cause of death. He was just this week found guilt of not reporting her death. He'll do a year or two in mental health facility. As mentioned above, he is a.billionaire. Money (and social status) talks, even in Europe.

Dokset is relatively wealthy by Thai standards. A good lawyer and he does a similar amount of time.

Yes, but Mrs.Tetra's body was ''whole''. wai.gif

Yes, but Mrs.Tetra's body was ''whole''. wai.gif

Hmmm, yes.....

But not "whole" enough to make a conclusive cause of death.

A lot of "wiggle room" for a good lawyer.

one more thing... puzzling...

some law agency in the north tipped off the police in phuket...

is a court order NOT required here, to raid someones house?

a court needs to see some evidence, very strong clues, to issue such an order... just "knowing" someone, being the ex-bf from some years ago, surely isnt enough...

has the police ever questioned/interrogated dokset before the raid?

did they go to his house and ask to search it, before coming to raid?

did he reject a search?

...no, the police usually doesnt storm residential houses of non-criminal citizens... they ask, and from then on might watch the house, and trail the suspect whereever he might drive/go...

would have been much better, to arrest him with a wheelie bin in the car, heading towards a quiet spot...?

how could the police know, the search would be successful and they would find the body in the house (anyway a circumstance quite unlikely to happen in a murder, dating back a couple of years)...

it would have been clever, to interrogate him, to make him nervous, that he takes an action and leads them to the burial place of the victim, or does make some other mistake... raiding the house and finding nothing would have diminished their chances to convict him to zero...

did the police really just storm the house?

Edited by ddpffft

The police normally don't reveal their suite of evidence until it is requested in full through discovery motions by the defense so we really don't have all the facts about what happened. For example the cause of death seems to be reported as trauma to the head, but the gun is seen as a critical part of evidence (maybe he hit her with the weapon?).

If I was on the jury I would want to know:

1. what was the last time anyone saw her alive?

2. who was the last person to see her alive?

3. what was the accused's relationship with her at the time of the alleged offense?

4. what was her husband's relationship with her at the time of the alleged offense?

5. leaving aside the confession, was there any other substantial evidence to show that the accused was connected to the crime?

6. do the details on the confession match the circumstances of death in the autopsy?

7. did she have any business dealings that would benefit either the accused or someone else upon her death?

8. upon what grounds did the police visit the accused's home - was there a report of a smell, did he mention his crime to a friend or neighbour when drinking, or was it from a tip off?

These questions may already be in an evidence brief - but who knows what happens in Phuket - every place in the world has different evidence rules.

The police normally don't reveal their suite of evidence until it is requested in full through discovery motions by the defense so we really don't have all the facts about what happened. For example the cause of death seems to be reported as trauma to the head, but the gun is seen as a critical part of evidence (maybe he hit her with the weapon?).

3. what was the accused's relationship with her at the time of the alleged offense?

4. what was her husband's relationship with her at the time of the alleged offense?

5. leaving aside the confession, was there any other substantial evidence to show that the accused was connected to the crime?

6. do the details on the confession match the circumstances of death in the autopsy?

7. did she have any business dealings that would benefit either the accused or someone else upon her death?

8. upon what grounds did the police visit the accused's home - was there a report of a smell, did he mention his crime to a friend or neighbour when drinking, or was it from a tip off?

These questions may already be in an evidence brief - but who knows what happens in Phuket - every place in the world has different evidence rules.

What jury?

What jury?

The TVF jury.

• Like 1

The TVF jury.

Its the one thing that has always impressed me , when cases like this and similar ie the girls in Phuket, etc are being discussed is the number of Judges, lawyers, Medical examiners, forensic's experts, ex detectives etc we have as members of the TV community...

• Like 1

The TVF jury.

Its the one thing that has always impressed me , when cases like this and similar ie the girls in Phuket, etc are being discussed is the number of Judges, lawyers, Medical examiners, forensic's experts, ex detectives etc we have as members of the TV community...

We have a great team eh. smile.png

RAGE is a POOR defence for MURDER.

The studies show that rage is a legitimate part of our psychological makeup. Were you to read those studies you might be less eager to make such a summary dismissal of the fact that crimes of rage are indeed defensible in the court of law. I trust that you are not a legal defense attorney or a prosecuting attorney, whose job it is to get to the truth of the matter. If we dismiss the processes that trigger rage and the proven fact that we can be goaded beyond self-control, then we take a step backwards in our human development. When the fate of a person hangs in the balance, then hair-splitting is justified if time and circumstances allow for it. In this case, it does.

The studies show that rage is a legitimate part of our psychological makeup. Were you to read those studies you might be less eager to make such a summary dismissal of the fact that crimes of rage are indeed defensible in the court of law. I trust that you are not a legal defense attorney or a prosecuting attorney, whose job it is to get to the truth of the matter. If we dismiss the processes that trigger rage and the proven fact that we can be goaded beyond self-control, then we take a step backwards in our human development. When the fate of a person hangs in the balance, then hair-splitting is justified if time and circumstances allow for it. In this case, it does.

It appears Sigmund Freud is now a member of TV, where are you living Isaan ?....how much Sin Sot did you pay ?

Well, I disagree. Especially in human development, rage should not be an excuse. Not to murder in particular, and not to any violent behaviour in general. There is no legitimate part of it, get off your high horse.

Legal defense attorneys may see it differently, but that doesn't make it right.

Remember his only source of income where the rental properties which were in her name, she had left him threatening his income, motive.

“I did it, but it was an accident,” he said.

“We had an argument. She pushed me and then I pushed her, and she fell down the stairs. I checked her pulse and she was not breathing… I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, so I hid her body,” (in a trash bin locked in a downstairs bathroom) he told police.

http://seattle99.wordpress.com/tag/stein-havard-dokset/

“Mrs Rungnapa owned the land of the house [where she was killed], some land in Prachuap Khirikhan and some cars. Mr Dokset put her name as the landowner since foreigners can’t own land in Thailand,” Maj Gen Chonasit replied.

She disappeared while visiting him, opportunity.

The raid was coordinated after a tip-off from a Bangkok law firm who were working on a missing person report filed by Mrs Rungnapa’s family in Surat Thani TWO YEARS ago.

Like land a farrang cant own a gun, thats why it was in her name. There wasnt a smell of decaying flesh because the bin was sealed. All this information is in the original news report.

apparently, they havent found the whole body in that plastic box...

only some parts of it, and it was mentioned that some sort of "acid" might have been used (or so)...

there is no such acid, which destroyes bones and things but no regular plastic box... im not sure, if there is even any acid anywhere available which does destroy a body completely, then maybe in a emaille-bathtub or so...

given the utterly strange time frame, set by the "husband", the family and the "law-firm", it appears, that she was murdered, digged under somewhere by her murderer...

as she had three children, a plan to get some money was prepared...

the body was located and the few limbs found were put into a plastic box and driven to doksets house... when the financial background of dokset was figured out by the "pro`s", the police was sent to doksets house - who, against all odds, refused to pay ... (?) ...the rest of the story is in the paper...

i believe dokset is in danger in prison... if he doesnt confess and the case goes into trouble he might be at a serious risk...

Hydrofluoric Acid can do a very effective job on bones and flesh. Standard low and high density polyethylene and some other common plastics are resistant to it. Not suggesting this was used, just answering ddpffft's query. Not going to comment on the rest of his 'theories'.

Hydrofluric is a very dangerous acid if it get on your skin it will burn all the way to the bone and it is very hard to neutralise, breathing the fumes are very dangerous as well. Too dissolve a body would take a great deal of acid and a very large container probably not availiabe to the regular Thai person. Hydrofluric will dissolve glass, we used it to dissolve silica deposited in coils.

Remember his only source of income where the rental properties which were in her name, she had left him threatening his income, motive.

“I did it, but it was an accident,” he said.

“We had an argument. She pushed me and then I pushed her, and she fell down the stairs. I checked her pulse and she was not breathing… I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, so I hid her body,” (in a trash bin locked in a downstairs bathroom) he told police.

http://seattle99.wor...-havard-dokset/

“Mrs Rungnapa owned the land of the house [where she was killed], some land in Prachuap Khirikhan and some cars. Mr Dokset put her name as the landowner since foreigners can’t own land in Thailand,” Maj Gen Chonasit replied.

She disappeared while visiting him, opportunity.

The raid was coordinated after a tip-off from a Bangkok law firm who were working on a missing person report filed by Mrs Rungnapa’s family in Surat Thani TWO YEARS ago.

Like land a farrang cant own a gun, thats why it was in her name. There wasnt a smell of decaying flesh because the bin was sealed. All this information is in the original news report.

Faranges can unw guns it just takes a lot of paper work.

Well, I disagree. Especially in human development, rage should not be an excuse. Not to murder in particular, and not to any violent behaviour in general. There is no legitimate part of it, get off your high horse.

Legal defense attorneys may see it differently, but that doesn't make it right.

I don't care if you disagree or not. If you were a prosecuting attorney and I were a defense counsel, you would then be forced to listen, or you would see this man go free. But that is the beauty of this forum; to express without needing the approval of others, per forum rules.

it would probably be edifying to others, and perhaps make some a bit more agreeable to my views (which express undeniable facts of defense), to know that were that woman my sister, then this man would be on my list and I would be polishing my shovel even now... But my point is that we are at a stage of human development where the knee-jerk reaction of "get a rope" sometimes is a bit caustic on the nerves.

My posts were simply to add a bit of spice to the usual rants about hanging him high. I get tired of that sometimes, and apologize if it is not on pace with others who are coming from a different mood. I do reserve that future right though, because sometimes it is invigorating to call someone a bastard within a legitimate context.smile.png

If the girls family accept compensation he could do a few year and then get deported with a guilty plea.

Now that she has been declared dead her family will be getting a bucketload of compensation if the form of all of the property, no?

Dokset probably doesnt have two satang in his name.

If the girls family accept compensation he could do a few year and then get deported with a guilty plea.

Now that she has been declared dead her family will be getting a bucketload of compensation if the form of all of the property, no?

Dokset probably doesnt have two satang in his name.

Even his dog went unclaimed to the pound.

Have not even one of you ever experienced rage here that was triggered by the behavior of the locals; rage so extreme that criminal thoughts practically obscured your sense of morality and ethics... even for a split-second?

No, never once in more than 23 years of visiting and 5 living here.

Have not even one of you ever experienced rage here that was triggered by the behavior of the locals; rage so extreme that criminal thoughts practically obscured your sense of morality and ethics... even for a split-second?

No, never once in more than 23 years of visiting and 5 living here.

You are a better man or woman than I.

• 6 months later...

Dokset murder trial postponed for want of a translator

The murder trial of Stein Havard Dokset was due to continue yesterday but was postponed until August 22 after it was discovered that no court translator was available.

Dokset, accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong and leaving her remains in a trash bin for months, appeared at Phuket Provincial Court yesterday at 9am.

After a six-hour wait, the judge informed the court that an English-Thai translator was not available.

Continued:
http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Dokset-murder-trial-postponed-for-want-of-a-translator-20441.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-03-09

The murder trial of Stein Havard Dokset was due to continue yesterday but was postponed until August 22 after it was discovered that no court translator was available.

Dokset, accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend Rungnapa Suktong and leaving her remains in a trash bin for months, appeared at Phuket Provincial Court yesterday at 9am.

After a six-hour wait, the judge informed the court that an English-Thai translator was not available.

Continued:

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Dokset-murder-trial-postponed-for-want-of-a-translator-20441.html

pglogo.jpg

Almost unbelievable, until you remember where you are.

Continued:

pglogo.jpg

Yes one would think securing a translator would be close to the top on a list of preparations for the trial.

Continued:

pglogo.jpg

Yes one would think securing a translator would be close to the top on a list of preparations for the trial.

Timing is everything.

They only had six months to prepare for having a translator at trial... and now that they discovered they don't have one, it will take another six months to find one.

• Like 1