Hippopotamus Arrives At Night Safari

Jai Dee

GOOD-WILL AMBASSADOR HIPPOPOTAMUS FROM GERMANY HAS ARRIVED AT CHIANG MAI NIGHT SAFARI

A good-will ambassador hippopotamus from Germany has arrived at Chiang Mai Night Safari and joined the hippopotamus family there.

Upon arrival at the holding pen in Chiang Mai Night Safari, the 1-year-old hippopotamus walked in to greet his new friends. Officials from Frankfurt zoo will keep check on the 450-kilo youngster for a month before he is brought out for visitors to see.

Phisarn Wasuwanit (พิศาล วสุวานิช), the director of Chiang Mai Night Safari's administration, said the reception of the hippopotamus from Frankfurt zoo would foster friendship between Thailand and Germany. He also disclosed that the German officials have expressed confidence in Chiang Mai Night Safari's capability of caring for the animals.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 19 January 2006

Wonder what school he's going to?

Actually he/she is going to the Mae Fah Luang University in Chiang Rai. To be more precise: It enlisted at the Food Processing Faculty. That's why Jai Dee posted its long awaited arrival at the Chiang Rai forum.

Thanks Jai Dee, I knew I could count on you :o

Limbo

GOOD-WILL AMBASSADOR HIPPOPOTAMUS FROM GERMANY HAS ARRIVED AT CHIANG MAI NIGHT SAFARI

A good-will ambassador hippopotamus from Germany has arrived at Chiang Mai Night Safari and joined the hippopotamus family there.

Upon arrival at the holding pen in Chiang Mai Night Safari, the 1-year-old hippopotamus walked in to greet his new friends. Officials from Frankfurt zoo will keep check on the 450-kilo youngster for a month before he is brought out for visitors to see.

Phisarn Wasuwanit (พิศาล วสุวานิช), the director of Chiang Mai Night Safari's administration, said the reception of the hippopotamus from Frankfurt zoo would foster friendship between Thailand and Germany. He also disclosed that the German officials have expressed confidence in Chiang Mai Night Safari's capability of caring for the animals.

4 years ducking and diving in Deutschland and I never saw 1 bleedin hippo, and here they are giving em away..... :o:D

redrus

4 years ducking and diving in Deutschland and I never saw 1 bleedin hippo, and here they are giving em away..... :o:D

redrus

What's next? A French rhino?!

:D Homealone

That's why Jai Dee posted its long awaited arrival at the Chiang Rai forum.

Thanks Jai Dee, I knew I could count on you :D

Limbo

Whoops... sorry everyone... wrong button/forum :D

I'll just move this to where it rightfully belongs... :o

It was interesting. The guy in charge of the Nite Sari, a certain Dr. Chatree, realised there was a definite need and wanted to take on a Farang consultant, a guy with a lifetime's experience in animal husbandry etc. He was stopped from doing so by Khun Plod, Toxin's clone/crone/crony, who wants no Farangs involved there.

All the better to allow rare and protected species to be fed to the kleptocracy in charge here.