Everyone Entitled To Dress In Red: Democrats

Lite Beer

Everyone entitled to dress in red: Democrats

BANGKOK: -- Democrat MP Korn Chatikavanij on Friday posted the picture of a red shirt inscribed with the words "Red Colour, Flag Colour" in his Facebook page.

Korn said it is a right of every Thai to don red which is a colour of the national flag.

The red shirts do not have an exclusive right to the colour because all Thais should be proud of the colour on their flag, he said.

If the red shirts are true advocates of justice, then they should not discriminate against the others who are seeking true justice and not the pseudo-advocacy designed to cite reconciliation as a guise to whitewash former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-03

When I first visited here there was a lot of pink shirts. Then the Yellow shirts came and it would seem that the pink shirts fell out of favor.

Then the red shirts came and wore shirts the color of the flag while they tried to destroy the nation. Invaded a hospital Publicly urged the citizens to burn Bangkok down cost thousands of people there jobs for a couple of months probably ruined some small business. And to top it all off said they were doing it for democracy. And O yes let us not forget they brought weapons with them. To accomplish these ends.

Maybe Thailand should get a flag that has no red on it. They for sure have disgraced the red in it.

Small note, Logic would have it that if the red shirts came and wore the colours of the flag they would be the multi coloured shirts who were neither pro or anti government but just against the reds so that would be confusing, And in the beginning the red shirts used to wear yellow shirts so that would be even more confusing. Not to mention the mixture of yellowshirts and army who normally wear green shirts but this time wore blueshirts and fought against the red shirts in Pattaya. But the redshirts were definitely every man and women and child amongst them armed to the teeth and would not be satisified until they had burnt down all of Bangkok and everyone in it.Or was that the blackshirts?

In case we forgot the truth.

Edited by phiphidon
  • Like 2

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear. Tell me Korn didn't say or do that. Tell me The Nation didn't print that. Tell me TV didn't post this. Now if Buchholz doesn't dig out that tired old photograph of Pol. Col. Thingummy dressed all in red with a "funny" caption my day would not be complete.

Note to Korn: Psst, Blue is a democrat Party colour, Blue is a colour on the national flag. People are entitled to dress in Blue too.

What a complete waste of space.................

Oh dear, oh dear.

Note to phiphidon: Korn didn't even try to suggest that non-democrats can't wear blue. He just remarked on "red colour, flag colour". Just to show you how that works, the democratic part that is, I would not have the slightest objection to you wearing Orangewink.png

• Like 1

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear. Tell me Korn didn't say or do that. Tell me The Nation didn't print that. Tell me TV didn't post this. Now if Buchholz doesn't dig out that tired old photograph of Pol. Col. Thingummy dressed all in red with a "funny" caption my day would not be complete.

Note to Korn: Psst, Blue is a democrat Party colour, Blue is a colour on the national flag. People are entitled to dress in Blue too.

I waiting for the yellow shirts to don red shirts at their next mass rally at which point would they be red shirted yellows or fake reds, fake yellows or just colour blind - very vexing....

Or perhaps it just goes to show that a persons colour is irrelevant - it's whats on the inside that counts.

Feels like it was posted just so folks could have a good old-fashion rant ...

Seems it worked, gave your mentor and example in life a chance to mention his favourite subject, burning things

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

Oh dear, oh dear.

Note to phiphidon: Korn didn't even try to suggest that non-democrats can't wear blue. He just remarked on "red colour, flag colour". Just to show you how that works, the democratic part that is, I would not have the slightest objection to you wearing Orangewink.png

And nor did I say that he did. I was merely pointing out to him one of the other two colours he could have chosen that are part of the thai flag.

By the way, just because you do not wear blue and may even wear red, it does not follow that you are by definition, a non democrat, as you / he? suggest. I would suspect that a very large percentage of people who either are or support red shirts also support democracy - I know thats not what you hear on here daily but the TV forum is hardly representative of the Thai people, luckily.

Seems it worked, gave your mentor and example in life a chance to mention his favourite subject, burning things

Bitchy, rubl, bitchy. I think you'll find, on almost every occasion, that when it comes to mentioning the burning down of bangkok and armed supporters etc I and mr. Lansford, will be beaten to the post by hellodolly whose favourite subject, not ours, seems to be burning and violence and armed people. Maybe in a previous life he was in the thai army?

or maybe in this life even, who knows...

Anyway, it is just a nonsense article / statement.

Everyone can dress in red even if they weren't born on Sunday... B)

Oh dear, oh dear.

And nor did I say that he did. I was merely pointing out to him one of the other two colours he could have chosen that are part of the thai flag.

By the way, just because you do not wear blue and may even wear red, it does not follow that you are by definition, a non democrat, as you / he? suggest. I would suspect that a very large percentage of people who either are or support red shirts also support democracy - I know thats not what you hear on here daily but the TV forum is hardly representative of the Thai people, luckily.

Real democrats (or dems for short) may be found in various political parties including the Democratic Party (or Democrats, or Dems for short).

This lesson regarding the English language was brought to you by your friendly Dutch unclewai.gif

or maybe in this life even, who knows...

Anyway, it is just a nonsense article / statement.

Everyone can dress in red even if they weren't born on Sunday... cool.png

Having been born on a Sunday many years ago I think I can say with some authority that indeed anyone born on anyday can dress in red.

Except on pluterday of course, that's only for the rich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluterday

I would like to complain about this myself:

I do respect the Thai Tradition of wearing each day the proper color of the shirt: Monday yellow, Tuesday Pink and so on....

Now I can't wear any shirt on Sunday (Red color for Sundays).. giggle.gif

So yes, this is an important issue and we should have a referendum

Oh dear me.

Did you really post that or did a cretin take control of your body?

• Like 1

When I first visited here there was a lot of pink shirts. Then the Yellow shirts came and it would seem that the pink shirts fell out of favor.

Then the red shirts came and wore shirts the color of the flag while they tried to destroy the nation. Invaded a hospital Publicly urged the citizens to burn Bangkok down cost thousands of people there jobs for a couple of months probably ruined some small business. And to top it all off said they were doing it for democracy. And O yes let us not forget they brought weapons with them. To accomplish these ends.

Maybe Thailand should get a flag that has no red on it. They for sure have disgraced the red in it.

".. the yellow shirts came in and pink fell out of favour" that is it?!? no mention of illegally occupying Goverment House, Closing Parliament or Thrashing an Internaltional Airport?

Haha... love the double standard rolleyes.gif

"If the red shirts are true advocates of justice, then they should not discriminate against the others who are seeking true justice and not the pseudo-advocacy designed to cite reconciliation as a guise to whitewash former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, he said."

What???

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1

I disagree with your assessment that the OP poster was just trolling.

Small note, Logic would have it that if the red shirts came and wore the colours of the flag they would be the multi coloured shirts who were neither pro or anti government but just against the reds so that would be confusing, And in the beginning the red shirts used to wear yellow shirts so that would be even more confusing. Not to mention the mixture of yellowshirts and army who normally wear green shirts but this time wore blueshirts and fought against the red shirts in Pattaya. But the redshirts were definitely every man and women and child amongst them armed to the teeth and would not be satisified until they had burnt down all of Bangkok and everyone in it.Or was that the blackshirts?

In case we forgot the truth.

With due respect ppd I think you are full of shirt.rolleyes.gif

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

Funny, for such a great 'waste of space' it seems to have PPD & TL in a huff & doing their own bit to waste more space. Yes, I'm wasting space too.

Nothing like a non-story about a Dem to get the fingers moving. Now where is that enlistment 'forgery'?

:cheesy:

Those 2 are 2 of the top 3 posters in the thread...

".. the yellow shirts came in and pink fell out of favour" that is it?!? no mention of illegally occupying Goverment House, Closing Parliament or Thrashing an Internaltional Airport?

"Thrashing an International airport"

Must have been an ordeal

Must have been an ordeal

Does it matter?

The point is double standards of many TV posters are amazing.

... And O yes let us not forget they brought weapons with them.

I had to pass through both the yellow shirt protests and the red shirt protests, numerous times. Prior to war breaking out, the only ones I saw with weapons were the yellow shirts' guards at Government House.

Same as most of your posts

• Like 1

Must have been an ordeal

Does it matter?

The point is double standards of many TV posters are amazing.

Violence versus nonviolence?

I am no yellow shirt but given a choice...

... And O yes let us not forget they brought weapons with them.

I had to pass through both the yellow shirt protests and the red shirt protests, numerous times. Prior to war breaking out, the only ones I saw with weapons were the yellow shirts' guards at Government House.

I don't suppose you have any photos?