Swede Fatally Stabs Thai Girlfriend’S Facebook Friend

webfact

Mr. Jonis Mamood, 18, from Sweden. He was sitting in the room with his girlfriend, Ms. Jeeranan Tathong, age 18.

The Swede and his girlfriend

sakaewmurder.png

Khaosod newspaper (article in Thai)

http://www.khaosod.c...c9PQ==&catid=01

Pictures are worth a thousand words. This just makes the story more tragic. Good Lord...

She looks well past it in that photo. 18? No way.

I'll give her 48...or a rather hard 38 at the least.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me add this to the list of reasons I cancelled my FarceBook account, sad story that happened over Silly facebook

How did you cancel it, I would like to but found I can not, tried but the <deleted> emails, and pages keep coming up on my computer. Seems like once signed up on Facebook you in forever.

If you can enlighten me, and maybe others on how to totally delete your account in it please explain here.

Thanks-

1. Email Facebook directly. Contact [email protected]. Request that Facebook deletes your account.

2. 2

Wait to get an email response from Facebook confirming that your account has been permanently deleted. This should take a few days.

3. 3

If you don't hear back from Facebook within a week, email them again. This time, not only email Facebook at [email protected], but also cc [email protected] and [email protected].

4. 4

Attempt to log in to your account once you get an email from Facebook. If you're unable to log in and don't get a message asking you to reactivate your account, your Facebook account has been permanently deleted.

o You may need to avoid logging in for 14 days for the deletion to go through.

Mr. Jonis Mamood, 18, from Sweden. He was sitting in the room with his girlfriend, Ms. Jeeranan Tathong, age 18.

sakaewmurder.png

3 lives destroyed in whatever the heat of whatever the moment...................

Very sad.

Could have all been solved with one hefty whack on the end of the nose, but no it ends up with knives.

sakaewmurder.png

Looks Swedish too. smile.png

With the name and the looks he may be Jewish.

MAMOOD is a Jewish name?????? Since when???? It's an alternate spelling of Mahmoud as in Mahomoud Ahmadinejad. BTW, without being racist, I think we can safely say that extreme jealousy and "honor killings" are not at all infrequent in Arab society, even after Arabs get Swedish citizenship.

sakaewmurder.png

3 lives destroyed in whatever the heat of whatever the moment...................

Very sad.

3 lives??

Just 2.

The girl is soon to get a new boyfriend, and forget all about this accident.

• Like 1

According to Thairath the Thai girl Jeeranan was a student who had gone to continue her studies in Sweden 2 years ago where she met Jonis and they became girlfriend and boyfriend. She decided to visit Thailand with him and before departing she contacted her old Thai bf Wasan (the deceased) via Facebook. So it appears the deceased wasn't a new acquaintance at all but her old Thai bf. Jeeranan and Jonis went to Pattaya first, then onto her hometown of Sakaew where they took a hotel room for two nights. She phoned and invited her old bf over who knew she had a new farang bf who was at the hotel. On opening the door to the room the old Thai bf allegedly rushed into the room, locked the door and the fight ensued, with tragic consequences.

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/281083

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/281084

Nice picture

And by the way- is Mr. Jonis Mamood, really a swedish name?

No it is absolutely NOT, it sounds arab by the way!!!!! But probably accepted to

live in Sweden

glegolo

Ahhh... ..the all-too-common MENA immigrant angle.. ..now that's really relevant, insn't it ?

As being a Swede myself I would simply guess his name is Jonas, not Jonis, and we are

dealing with something as simple as a typo or misspelling by some Thai journalist/police.

Jonas is a very common and very Swedish first name.

I find it amazing that some posters find it more plausible to assume he has immigrant roots; Jewish, Arab, whatever by 'analysing' his name, but fail to spot a simple typo.

I guess you guys'll find just whatever you're looking for..

His surname sounds non-Swedish, as does millions of other Swedish surnames.

In any case, his religous or ethnical roots have absolutely no relevance, so please stop being silly racists.

wai.gif

This is the biggest load of useless c**p I have ever heard. A man surnamed Mahmood has a fight with a Thai man over a girl.

One presumably of middle Eastern persuasion and one a young Thai man. And you wonder how two of the most male dominated religions, societies or cultures in the world end up fighting over a girl. Face isn't the preserve of only the Thai's you do understand.

Only a few weeks ago, we had a German bloke tatooed with swastikas, a skin head hair cut and a dodgy beard, and we honestly had people here claiming that he wasn't of some kind of Nazi persuasion, but the the tatoos meant nothing, and they were possibly because he was a devout buddhist.

I will wait for the papers to tell me that Mr. Mahmood is actually a mormon or scientologist or KKK, and the the unfortunate Thai kid was a moonie, but, before I use my brain and work out that a moslem bloke with a European passport, got into a scrap with hot headed Thai kid over a less than glamourous luuk kreung, and instead of either of the men being smart enough to back down and say "you can have her", they rather stupidly decided to get into a wrestling match over a knife brought along by the Thai kid. Macho nonces the both of them.

In all of this, I believe that as much as the other bloke is the annoyance, it is often the idea that as a man, one has been played as a fool that is a far greater emotional hit. Breaking up is hard to do, but realising that you have been played is even worse. More fool the girl for thinking that her actions wouldn't result in something bad. But then, so did the girl in Udon with her nazi boyrfriend, and so it was in this situation.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

sakaewmurder.png

Very sad.

3 lives??

Just 2.

The girl is soon to get a new boyfriend, and forget all about this accident.

So is Jonis, by the way. :(

• Like 2

I don't think you can really blame Facebook for this, any more than you can blame the telephone for all the crimes planned over the network.

If Facebook wasn´t there he would still be alive, so hmmm yes you can blame Facebook in this one

If religion and motor cars were not invented there would be a LOT more here. whistling.gif

According to Thairath the Thai girl Jeeranan was a student who had gone to continue her studies in Sweden 2 years ago where she met Jonis and they became girlfriend and boyfriend. She decided to visit Thailand with him and before departing she contacted her old Thai bf Wasan (the deceased) via Facebook. So it appears the deceased wasn't a new acquaintance at all but her old Thai bf. Jeeranan and Jonis went to Pattaya first, then onto her hometown of Sakaew where they took a hotel room for two nights. She phoned and invited her old bf over who knew she had a new farang bf who was at the hotel. On opening the door to the room the old Thai bf allegedly rushed into the room, locked the door and the fight ensued, with tragic consequences.

Well, there you have it, stupid wench, playing with people's emotions.

Interested to know who grabbed the knife first!!!

Have you ever seen a single Thai male attack another male with anything except a weapon?

Thai males solve problems in this manner: Problem > Weapon > Violence

Ridiculous statement. Luckily I have not witnessed much violence here in more than 20 years but I have certainly seen a Thai fight another without any weapons involved, as no doubt others have.

And if you take a look at the press reports from countries all around the world, you will find that problem - weapon - violence, is a pretty general theme when it comes to confrontations.

Ridiculous statement? So by your logic, because you have not seen it, it has not happened. clap2.gif Do you live up country or away from tourist cities?

I have witnessed countless such incidents in 1/2 of the time you have been here. They usually occur later in the night as the booze has taken hold of them. Such violence is a fairly regular occurrence in Pattaya.

I rest my case.

Though, I think most here knew the ending without having to be told it. Hopefully, since it was self defense, the Swed walks from this chaos.

This is the biggest load of useless c**p I have ever heard. A man surnamed Mahmood has a fight with a Thai man over a girl.

One presumably of middle Eastern persuasion and one a young Thai man. And you wonder how two of the most male dominated religions, societies or cultures in the world end up fighting over a girl. Face isn't the preserve of only the Thai's you do understand.

Only a few weeks ago, we had a German bloke tatooed with swastikas, a skin head hair cut and a dodgy beard, and we honestly had people here claiming that he wasn't of some kind of Nazi persuasion, but the the tatoos meant nothing, and they were possibly because he was a devout buddhist.

I will wait for the papers to tell me that Mr. Mahmood is actually a mormon or scientologist or KKK, and the the unfortunate Thai kid was a moonie, but, before I use my brain and work out that a moslem bloke with a European passport, got into a scrap with hot headed Thai kid over a less than glamourous luuk kreung, and instead of either of the men being smart enough to back down and say "you can have her", they rather stupidly decided to get into a wrestling match over a knife brought along by the Thai kid. Macho nonces the both of them.

In all of this, I believe that as much as the other bloke is the annoyance, it is often the idea that as a man, one has been played as a fool that is a far greater emotional hit. Breaking up is hard to do, but realising that you have been played is even worse. More fool the girl for thinking that her actions wouldn't result in something bad. But then, so did the girl in Udon with her nazi boyrfriend, and so it was in this situation.

So, let me see...

- Because his surname is Mamood you add an 'h' to it, then decides all on your own that he is a muslim, culturally prone to violence, an immigrant to Sweden from the Middle East and probably has a family cultural background of honor killings ( well, someone else said that last part, but I guess you are in full agreement ).

- Then you compare that to a TV story on a German guy with a documented Nazi tatoo and claims that I am 'denying' something obvious - just as those posters who refuted the idea about the German guy being a Nazi.

- And when I simply state that I think his background is rather irrelevant, you lash out calling it 'the worst cr*p you've ever heard'..

So, Mr Thai At Heart, are you serious ?

FYI, these types of crimes are commited in all cultures, by all ethnicities, and always has been. Of course you know that, but since that doesn't fit with your muslim immigrant theory, you choose to completely ignore that.

In addition to that, you actually know absolutely zilch, nothing, nada about this guy, You are just jumping to conclusions like a kid runs to a bowl of candy. 'Ahh, an immigrant-sounding name! Now I can prove my theories about muslim immigrant Swedes being mad knife-wielding killers!'

Being dissed by you honestly feels like a compliment. I would honesly be scared if anything I tried to say would resonate in harmony with your line of thought.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I rest my case.

Though, I think most here knew the ending without having to be told it. Hopefully, since it was self defense, the Swed walks from this chaos.

if it's proven that the thai came with the knife and the swede took it off him during a fight then ok.

but how do we know that the thai didn't go in for a fist fight and the swede took it up a level?

a bit premature to be saying that he should walk is all.

Interested to know who grabbed the knife first!!!

Have you ever seen a single Thai male attack another male with anything except a weapon?

Thai males solve problems in this manner: Problem > Weapon > Violence

Ridiculous statement. Luckily I have not witnessed much violence here in more than 20 years but I have certainly seen a Thai fight another without any weapons involved, as no doubt others have.

And if you take a look at the press reports from countries all around the world, you will find that problem - weapon - violence, is a pretty general theme when it comes to confrontations.

Ridiculous statement? So by your logic, because you have not seen it, it has not happened. clap2.gif Do you live up country or away from tourist cities?

I have witnessed countless such incidents in 1/2 of the time you have been here. They usually occur later in the night as the booze has taken hold of them. Such violence is a fairly regular occurrence in Pattaya.

You must move in some dodgy areas when you are out and about, to see so many violent acts; no wonder you are always complaining about Thais and Thailand. And for crying out loud, don't write as if only Thais use weapons in a fight; it is the same worldwide. How many yobs in other countries use the ancient art of fisticuffs when they start a scrap, as opposed to a gun, knife or lump of iron?

• Like 2