What Happend With My Property,My Money If Deported?

crille30

No Im not deported,yetsmile.png .But i wonder if all is gone if it would happend?If you are arrested and deported for crimes done or suspected of in your home country, you have done nothing wrong in this country so it would still be there`if you come back?.But if you do a crime in Thailand and that I can see that maybe they can take it all,or not? Please no bashing or give me shit,this is a serios question that we all could end up in without being a drugdealer or murder.

Plenty of property sitting around without rightful heirs, the rest are usually along the lines of property that is still not paid off so the rightful heirs are likely the finance companies or banks. Worst case if you're all equity on your real estate is that you'll have to kick out some squatters.

:)

But doesn't Thailand recognize "squatter's rights"?

I thought I remembered that after a certain period of time,squatters can apply for ownership on the chanote if they can show that the current owner on Chanote has "abandoned" the property?

So if someone was departed and them thrown in Jail in their home country, couldn't some one come in an squat until the time frame needed is reached and then go to the land department?

I thought I remembered that after a certain period of time,squatters can apply for ownership on the chanote if they can show that the current owner on Chanote has "abandoned" the property?

So if someone was departed and them thrown in Jail in their home country, couldn't some one come in an squat until the time frame needed is reached and then go to the land department?

To be deported or incarcerated would hardly meet the legal notion of casting away, leaving, or deserting something.

I'm surely lawyers have some opinions about this; I'd say, it would be tricky to say "abandoned" in this case. The real danger might be damage to the property in the absence of the owner.

ok thanks guys for your input..Propertys and that can be taking care of by friends or others i mean more that

the BIB or other officials can some how claim the property,legaly(what ever that means in Thailand) if you are put in jail her?or deported?

Ten years I think is the required time.

• Like 1

ok thanks guys for your input..Propertys and that can be taking care of by friends or others i mean more that

the BIB or other officials can some how claim the property,legaly(what ever that means in Thailand) if you are put in jail her?or deported?

Like in most countries, a court can order to impound your property in some cases where monies are outstanding. Also belongings can be impounded if they themselves stand in connection to some illegal activities.

Edited by Morakot

Like in most countries, a court can order to impound your property in some cases where monies are outstanding. Also belongings can be impounded if they themselves stand in connection to some illegal activities.

Thanks for you answers and others to
  • Like 1

If you escaped came to thailand to get away from a criminal court case and you are eventually caught and deported i wouldnt expect much leftovers to be honest

if you have anything worth taking id imagine the team of thieves police that come to arrest you will divide it up amongst themelves

(cars ,motorcycles ,gold ,jewelery.cash ,)

while in custody ,police may scam you for whatever cash you can access in return for lessor charges or even freedom but theres no guarantee they would keep their end of the deal

being stuck in jail and giving a thai lawyer permission to access your bank accounts ? was that one a joke ? biggrin.png

+ if youre deported/extradited as a felon you may not be allowed back to thailand EVER ,not sure what they would stamp on your passport on the way out in handcuffs but id imagine it wouldnt be ,come back and visit us when u get out xoxo!

anyone know anyone thats ever been extradited though ? you might get lucky and pay BIB 50 or 100k and go free !

TIT after all :)

• Like 1

I think abandonment means not paying your property taxes, If you pay your property taxes no one can say you have abandoned your property.

yipyip hits it right on the head.

Tie this in with the common story of the guy who is gone for a few days and returns to find his loving Thai wife has sold off the house, car and the business.

In reference to another active thread, consider a case where a neighbor who covets your property falsely accuses you of being a paedophile, for example. With a little luck you may be able to outrun the lynch mob and get out of the country, forget about ever coming back or having assets returned.

A terrifying scenario, I would think the best thing to have in place was 'on line banking' at some point you should be able to gain access to a PC (arrange to use your legal representatives lap top) then transfer your monies to either the country you are being deported to or your home country.

As for any property and valuables etc TRUST comes into play! Does anyone genuinely believe that you will not be ripped off if you relied on a third party to sell the goods and forward the monies on? ermm.gif

I think abandonment means not paying your property taxes, If you pay your property taxes no one can say you have abandoned your property.

That would make more sense if Thailand had property tax

If you are extradited you would defenitly be blacklisted not just on your passport but on the big computer in the sky and your property would need to be sold or shipped by a trusted friend or advocate of some kind , as far as banking you can do internet banking from prision nowadays ! But in Thailand you would need to sign the form at the bank first, at least I did , to start internet authorisation , however without that you could still by mail even from prision request a check from the bank.

Honestly I don't think you would be any worse off in Thailand than anyplace else , I kind of doubt people who go to prision for a long time get much of what they had when they went in when they get out no matter where they live. Mostly because the kind of friends they have are not going to go much out of their way to save , protect , or pay to store their 5000 bucks worth of junk for 5 years. Their cars are eventually towed off and auctioned , their junk pawned or taken and used up by others ect.

The bad news is you get screwed the good news is no more so than anyplace else ! lol

Depends.

The money involved is irrelevant; it is the legalities and the names that the Thai authorities equate with someone that owns a property.

For example, if a vehicle/s or condominium, monies in bank accounts and so on is in the name of the person that owns them, stated on paperwork, than that person is the lawful owner regardless or where the owner is located or who paid for it, unless the money was funded from an agreed loan and has to be paid back.

If real estate, land, property or anything else that is not in the purchasers name, or is not entitled to own under Thai law or was obtained by bending the laws, than the purchaser has no claims upon that property, even if living and resident in Thailand.

In the case of sharing an owner property with an actual legally married spouse and the foreign husband is deported, than in fact that leaves sweet little wifey a free hand to do with as she likes, if hubby is not able to return to Thailand in order to fight the case via the civil courts.