Thaksin Kicks Off U.S. Trip With Cheers And Jeers

webfact

You absolutely correct! Finally someone posting the truth about Thaskin/Us connection. Thanks!

What I love about the Thaksin cult of haters in TVF is that sooner or later they demonstrate their fringe position when they trot out convuluted conspiracy theoies.

Oh yes, Dr. Thaksin is a secret agent acting on behalf of the Carlyle group.

What's next? A claim that the agents from SMASH or CHAOS are on the loose. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US immigration officer who did not arrest Thaksin should be charged for neglating their duty, for not arresting a know fugitive, high on Thailand and Interpol most wanted list.

The American dare to call themselves Police of the World?

The difference between world policeman and world leader is vital national interest.

Is Mr. T. and / or Thailand a vital national interest of the U.S.? I doubt it.

Either way, I think at least 300 million Americans are more concerned for their jobs than the piss ant dealings of Thai politics.

Dr. Thaksin's presence is in no way linked to the Church.

Just a small point, but where i'm from people of Thaksin's educational standing are not usually referred to as being doctors. Whilst i appreciate it helps lend some extra status, and i appreciate that technically he can be referred as such, i would imagine a man of his humble and modest character, would feel uncomfortable with such a label, and prefer it be used for those practising medicine, working in hospitals, saving lives and such. Nothing of course stopping you from using it. I'm just not sure it reflects as positively as is intended.

The local group that invited Dr. Thaksin to speak to the patriotic Thais assembled

What were they patriotic to and how do you know this?

• Like 1

As expected not a great turn out in the public eye for Thaksin........

However...... well done Thaksin for filling the empty hours endured by overseas residents in your home country, and a few retired Thailand experts looking in.....

What would they do without you?

As for the US granting the visit, it has obviously pissed a few people off because it might give the guy a micron of credibility.....big deal

i can assure you that it doesn't say Thaksin has been meeting important American business people, yes.

as for 'accepting', i simply mean that up until he was pictured in america, you didn't 'accept' it.

it's a true statement, nothing 'off' about it.

Regarding the 'important businessmen' or rather lack of them, I'm willing to deref to your knowledge of the Thai language. Doesn't really matter, k. Noppadon only said 'might meet business people' and buchholz might have 'embellished' a bit..

Regarding 'not accepting' I must admit my memory seems to start to fail me, it was two topics like this before on the 1st of August where I wrote "So I guess we'll have to wait and see, only 30 more days in this month". That's not really like "didn't accept", now is it?

http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5536155

"I wrote "So I guess we'll have to wait and see, only 30 more days in this month". That's not really like "didn't accept", now is it?"

oh but it is very like "didn't accept", it was presented to you as truth and "you didn't accept" it as such.

and fine, that's your prerogative but don't backtrack and niggle about it now...

My dear fiend, since you're so persistent and as it seems to matters so much to and for you I'll oblige.

Herewith I formally declare that I do believe k. Thaksin has by now not only arrived in the USA but is even travelling around a bit there. Something which wasn't the case yet when I wrote before "wait and see". At that time we only had k. Noppadon's word on it that it would happen and (no offence here) I have a problem with lawyers making statements. Furthermore I find it difficult to accept that the USA has not only granted k. Thaksin a visa, but even allowed him entrance. On the other hand, to have double standards seems like one on those UN things like 'the Universal right to make one's own mistakes rather than learn from others'.

Hope this helps prevent further sleepless nights. Take care.

US immigration officer who did not arrest Thaksin should be charged for neglating their duty, for not arresting a know fugitive, high on Thailand and Interpol most wanted list.

The American dare to call themselves Police of the World?

Actually he is not on an interpol wanted list and they would only arrest him at the request of the Thai authorities, technically he has committed no crime in the US

What crime did the TAT governor commit in the US?

She and her daughter are indicted for money laundering there.

Actually he is not on an interpol wanted list and they would only arrest him at the request of the Thai authorities, technically he has committed no crime in the US

What crime did the TAT governor commit in the US?

Different set of circumstances...and it involved American citizens

And Nalina?

You have a point with a Nalinee. She's blacklisted from the USA for her financial dealings with a third party country, Zimbabwe.

It the case of Juthamas and her daughter. They were indicted in the USA not because their dealings involved American citizens, but because they themselves broke USA law with their money laundering involving banks in the USA.

Incidentally, she has recently had her case updated and the USA is seeking to extradite her from Thailand. She would be the ideal person for a poetic extradition swap with Thaksin as he was the one that appointed her TAT Governor.

I would defer further discussion on that subject to the thread of which it is the topic:

USA Struggles to Extradite Thai Official

http://www.thaivisa....25#entry5543875

Edited by Buchholz

Wonder what the subject of his seminar is? The importance of upholding rule of law in emerging democracies...?

I think he should attend such a seminar while he is there. Preferably one hosted by Joe Pesci.

Edited by Insight

Wonder what the subject of his seminar is? The importance of upholding rule of law in emerging democracies...?

I think he should attend such a seminar while he is there. Preferably one hosted by Joe Pesci.

The "seminar" conducted under the Statue of Liberty-emblazoned banner,

I Love Democracy

Red N.Y. (New York)

held at the second-rate Thai place in New York.

The little guy in the Red Shirt is scheduled for a one-night-only performance this Sunday at the worn-out and drab Thailand Plaza restaurant/karaoke shop/entertainment center that sits atop a grim supermarket on crime-ridden Hollywood Boulevard.

5589121923_f8aa60cbea.jpg

His five-hour appearance at the dingy Thailand Plaza restaurant is now being billed as:

Talk to the Prime Minister

http://web.parliamen...php?prid=336297

That's because they spared no expense with his belated happy birthday cake.

P80-12.jpg

Notice it says PM Thaksin...!!!

An unavoidable developing theme for the intrepid USA Tour 2012.

"I love democracy", "red N.Y." and the Statue of Liberty; it all comes together now, it must be about k. Thaksin

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

"I love democracy", "red N.Y." and the Statue of Liberty; it all comes together now, it must be about k. Thaksin

Democracy and corruption...

He must think, gosh, if only the United States was like Montenegro and I could pay 500 Million Euros for citizenship there.

If only I could just buy my way in through the "golden door".

Edited by Buchholz

Democracy and corruption...

He must think, gosh, if only the United States was like Montenegro and I could pay 500 Million Euros for citizenship there.

If only I could just buy my way in through the "golden door".

Does US demand hard currency nowadays?

I Love Democracy

Red N.Y. (New York)

Can´t even afford a good audio-system.

I Love Democracy

Red N.Y. (New York)

Watched the first 20 minutes, will watch the other 40 when I get back.

- He talked about how bad the current constitution is and how it's like a ticking time bomb which allows the dissolution of a party at any time.

-The Red Shirts are intelligent people while the opposition and whoever else are unintelligent for believing he was dead, was corrupted or had cancer.

- He said previously there were politicians who weren't skillful, now that they have skillful politicians in place, the country will be a better place but it's still in the first few steps.

- He had met with certain politicians (I couldn't get the name, the audio was bad) and that he went around talking to people about the progress on cure for cancer and about technological advances (such as converting gas to something (bad audio)) to improve Thailand.

- He will have lunch in Houston, TX then dinner at LA.

- He will support the Red Shirts any way in the US he can and reiterated that the Red Shirts are the smart ones.

He spent a good 15 minutes or so talking about the Constitution, not in detail but just attacking on how bad it was with the main point being its ability to dissolve a political party.

• Like 1

I found the reason for the protest on this particular corner in San Francisco.

It seems that Thaksin is continuing his Culinary Tour of Mediocre Thai Eating Establishments in America and Thaksin was there at the Thai restaurant on the corner, the red building catercorner to the protesters.

=====================================================================

a still photo from another source of the fine cuisine available at

noodles.jpg

King of Thai Noodle House

=========================================================================

An interview there with Thaksin and Isra News (in Thai):

thaksin01a.jpg

http://www.isranews..../15690--6-.html

Edited by Buchholz

I Love Democracy

Red N.Y. (New York)

- He talked about how bad the current constitution is and how it's like a ticking time bomb which allows the dissolution of a party at any time.

-The Red Shirts are intelligent people while the opposition and whoever else are unintelligent for believing he was dead, was corrupted or had cancer.

- He said previously there were politicians who weren't skillful, now that they have skillful politicians in place, the country will be a better place but it's still in the first few steps.

- He had met with certain politicians (I couldn't get the name, the audio was bad) and that he went around talking to people about the progress on cure for cancer and about technological advances (such as converting gas to something (bad audio)) to improve Thailand.

- He will support the Red Shirts any way in the US he can and reiterated that the Red Shirts are the smart ones.

He spent a good 15 minutes or so talking about the Constitution, not in detail but just attacking on how bad it was with the main point being its ability to dissolve a political party.

Based on this transcription......ramblings of a mad man..."Reds intelligent people" was all I had to read

I Love Democracy

Red N.Y. (New York)

Based on this transcription......ramblings of a mad man..."Reds intelligent people" was all I had to read

Sad elitest comment.

I Love Democracy

Red N.Y. (New York)

Certainly the ramblings of a man fixated on himself. The message here is that of a man still focussed on changing the constitution to facilitate his return and the reds as his primary allies. The PTP led by his sister is still strictly second string (until he can get back that is)

• Like 1

listen, if you're gonna hold thaksin up to blame for the war on drugs, you may as well hold the whole country up for it.

and that's not me supporting it, it's just the truth.

he gets scolded for that and i agree that he should do, but to put it all on his shoulders is very naive... at best.

What a daft suggestion.

not at all.

see, your reply is in the usual 'saying something without actually saying anything' style, that is to be expected.

it's just plain disagreement without a point to back it up with... standard stuff.

I'll draw a picture if it helps. Maybe a Venn diagram will assist.

Thaksin initiated the war on drugs and its policies. He's on record on many occasions promoting death. His lieutenants such as Yongyut are also heavily implicated as are many police chiefs and prison guards (more than 100 died in custody).

Several investigations also pointed the finger. Around half the people killed had nothing to do with drugs and were killed for rivalry.

A report implicating several PPP members had the names removed.

Thaksin had many opportunities to call a halt. He did the opposite.

So from someone like you to say that the whole country is guilty is just a sad and pathetic attempt to dilute his guilt. The same mentality that wants to hold Abhisit to account for the 2010 deaths because he was in charge.

Hang your head in shame

"hang your head in shame" lol, do you know how corny you sound?

maybe i wasn't clear enough for you, but i certainly didn't mean it as literal as your taking it... it was certainly a bit of an exaggeration - to make the point... that you didn't get.

but yes i am saying a lot of others are to blame for it also, whether from active involvement or not, and you can get up on your little moral high horse all you want and pretend to yourself that i'm trying to absolve thaksin of his guilt but it doesn't make what i say untrue.

When I thought the man couldn't stoop any lower...

The Scientology facility rents out its meeting room as do other organizations. Dr. Thaksin's presence is in no way linked to the Church. When I was a student, the Legion Hall in our university town was often rented out to punk and ska bands. It didn't make the Legion supporters of the bands, nor did it make the musicians supporters of the Legion. The local group that invited Dr. Thaksin to speak to the patriotic Thais assembled selected a secure venue that was affordable. Nothing wrong with that. In any case, the Church is a legal organization and has just as much right to exist as any other religious organization that rents out its facilities.

These will be all the patriotic Thais who have left Thailand to live in the USA, many who will now have US citizenship are they?

Lets not get started that the Church of Scientology is a Church. Even Hubbard's son (who the scientologist's hate for obvious reasons) has stated over and over again that his father was a lunatic who told him that he was conducting an experiment to see how far people would take his story. Seems he would be very proud. It is a sham, scam organization, sapping every last dollar out of the gullible. Wait a minute, what an appropriate place for Thaksin to hold his meeting.

This is not a thread about the Church of Scientology. I reject the Church and all that it stands for. I also reject the concept of wearing magical amulets that some think will ward off evil. Yet, many TVFers wear them and head off to their local wats to do whatever it is such people do. that I respect their right to hold such beliefs. In this specific case, there was no sponsorship by, nor association with the CoS. A room was rented by third parties to which Dr. Thaksin was invited to speak. When events are held at facilities owned by the Roman Catholic Church does this make attendees supporters of the child abuse associated with the RC Church? I think not.

I find it odd that foreigners in Thailand would discount the Thais that live in the USA. How are these Thais any different than the foreigners that live in Thailand? All have relocated for their own personal reasons and yet most hold emotional and cultural ties to their homelands.

Off-topic posts deleted. If you wish to have a personal conversation then use the PM system rather than in the open forum.

I might add that if your going to post a 1/2 a page of pictures and then make nothing more than flippant comment, it too will be deleted.

The topic is about Thaksin's visit to the US.