Is Sunday A Dry Day

dazk

In recent years there has been no ban. None of the other days associated with the royals are dry anymore.

Apart from the King's Birthday on December 5th. Some years it is dry (like last year), other years it is not. Go figure!

Yes both are holidays however the 13th is actually the Queens B-Day

Sorry to disagree but the 12th is The Queen's birthday. If it was the 13th then the 12th would not be a holiday.

That's strange. For the past 79 years it has always been the 13th.

You should try doing a Google search before you disagree. Just search "Thai Holidays" and you should see. Maybe you havn't been here long but her b-day falls on a Sunday therefore the Monday is also a holiday.

Sorry to disagree but the 12th is The Queen's birthday. If it was the 13th then the 12th would not be a holiday.

You should try doing a Google search before you disagree. Just search "Thai Holidays" and you should see. Maybe you havn't been here long but her b-day falls on a Sunday therefore the Monday is also a holiday.

The queens birthday is 12th August 1932, this year it falls on a Sunday so the Monday is a holiday in lieu. Found using google. http://www.thailand....ngkok_queen.htm

Edited by LennyW

So this month the 13th comes before the 12th? Edited by JanKlaasen

She was born on the 12th if that falls on the weekend its observed on the 13th. the link gives the last 36 years birthdays which is always the 12th and the days it was observed on a differnt day if it falls on a weekend.

http://www.timeandda.../queen-birthday

Edited by marstons

Although I think it's been shown that the 12th is the birthday, I will reply, I do not have to do a Google search when I know someone has their facts wrong, although I must admit to a quick peek at a local calendar just in case senility was setting in. As to how long I've been here, well nowhere near as long as some on this board but probably more than most (20+ years). Then we did not have Google (or even the World Wide Web) so we had to remember things.

Her Majesty's birthday is always observed on the 12th, if that is a Saturday or Sunday, then the following Monday is designated as a holiday in lieu.

hahahhahahhaha I cannot believe how WRONG I am. Ok so maybe I should have coffee before I post?

I apologize for the wrong info. And it's not like I have only been here a few weeks. lmao

Edited by Rimmer