Setting Up A Thai Company?

What's involved can fill volumes. There are endless pages on this topic just on this forum alone, not to mention throughout the internet. If you are seriously headed in this direction I would recommend an evening for mindful internet research on the topic, take copious notes and narrow down an accounting/law firm to help you set up the entity to best fit your goals. Then if specific issues arise during the set-up post those specific questions on here and you will get very detailed answers from folks who have been there and done it.

What's involved can fill volumes. There are endless pages on this topic just on this forum alone, not to mention throughout the internet. If you are seriously headed in this direction I would recommend an evening for mindful internet research on the topic, take copious notes and narrow down an accounting/law firm to help you set up the entity to best fit your goals. Then if specific issues arise during the set-up post those specific questions on here and you will get very detailed answers from folks who have been there and done it.

correct, but to answer one specific point the OP raised.....more than 50%....No...max will be 49%, and if you are only setting the company up for the purposes of buying property....be careful...what you intend is borderline illegal/illegal if you get caught out

It is not borderline illegal. It is specifically out and out illegal to set up a company to buy property in Thailand.

Not wanting to be be pedantic but this is not quite correct.

It is illegal to set up a Company, with a Farang owning up to the maximum of 49% of the shareholding, but using Proxy Thais holding the other 51% with arrangements in place to ensure that the Farang has control over the voting rights of those Proxies.

Patrick

• Like 1

Thank you for your input , but i need to know please , how many poeple do i need to set up a thai company i was told i need 4 Directors to make a thai the company, is this true.And do they have to be thai?

Thanks

Boyce

you need Thais to own 51% I think is ok with 2 Thai share holders but then maybe you are thinking about the company need to have minimum 4 Thai staff if you want to get a workpermit.Never heard of 4 directors?

Edited by crille30