Krungsri To Schwab Usa

Quick advice.... I have a Krungsri (Bay) account here, and have a Charles Schwab checking account in the USA. If I want to put some funds in the Schwab USA account, is that pretty easy? I dont have internet banking, but can get it. Or should I just head into Krungsri? If so, must I go to the same branch I opened with??

Thanks for any feedback. Regards.

you can do a wire transfer. i also have the same combination of accounts and have done wire transfers in the past, normally running about 600 baht. Unfortunately, because of banking rules and regulations (governments tracking money flowing in and out) there is not a way to just transfer the money through online banking. if its a small amount of money open another account, send the ATM card to a family member back home and have them do ATM withdrawals.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post! I'm not sure I understand the idea about sending the card back home.

600 baht. dam_n. Any other way anybody can think of to get money in to a US account?

What I do is this. I have a second bank account from Krung Thai bank in my name. I snail mailed (normal postal service) the ATM card to my father back in the USA. Once he had recieved the card I deposit $600 into the account (max withdrawal per day) and have him take the money out from an American ATM and deposit it into my account. I can then use ebanking to control the money. Now, anytime i need to send money back i simply deposit the money and send him an email to use the ATM card for the withdrawal. Have been doing this for 3 years without any issues.

Western Union is very expensive, costing like 1000 baht for a 10,000 transfer. Using the atm's I can move 18000 ($600) and pay 100 baht fee to my bank and another $3-5 for the atm (total 300 baht max).

Thanks for the post! I'm not sure I understand the idea about sending the card back home.

600 baht. dam_n. Any other way anybody can think of to get money in to a US account?

What I do is this. I have a second bank account from Krung Thai bank in my name. I snail mailed (normal postal service) the ATM card to my father back in the USA. Once he had recieved the card I deposit $600 into the account (max withdrawal per day) and have him take the money out from an American ATM and deposit it into my account. I can then use ebanking to control the money. Now, anytime i need to send money back i simply deposit the money and send him an email to use the ATM card for the withdrawal. Have been doing this for 3 years without any issues.

Western Union is very expensive, costing like 1000 baht for a 10,000 transfer. Using the atm's I can move 18000 ($600) and pay 100 baht fee to my bank and another $3-5 for the atm (total 300 baht max).

I like this idea. Thanks. There are charges when he makes those withdrawls though, yes. Not that this would be a deal breaker, just curious.

First, thanks for the input. If this helps, what if the question changes to.....

How can I get money into the hands of my friend in the US. Does the answer become easier or less expensive then? Yourauntbob already gave a potential answer, wondered if there were others.