Buying Water

We have just moved and are being offered blue bottled drinking water .. big bottles for 25 Baht .. before we paid for water in white plastic bottles for 20 baht ......( chaba drinking water )

They say the blue bottled water is better quality ..

Anyone know ?>

The Chaba Water tasted on occasion , when the bottles were old , of plastic .. not very nice ..

Is there any quality control .

Edited by churchill

Dear Churchill,

Hahaha, quality control, that's a good one, how long do you live here?

Well I have been drinking Chaba water on and off for about 8 years and I'm still alive . Just smile.png

I'm assuming the water is the same from both co's but they are just charging extra for a blue bottle .

I am still kicking too.... well just! wink.png using Chaba.....

I pay 10 baht for the big white bottles..... you guys need better negotiation skills....whistling.gif I am sure there is no difference in the water used.... I have been to the bottling plant near me, they do clean out the bottles before refilling.... tastes fine to me.... blink.pngbiggrin.png

In our village the big bottles are 12 baht. They are very difficult to put in the fridge. The ice that is supplied has a lot of outside agencies included. (no extra cost though) I use bottled water 24 baht for 12 bottles. I can refrigerate them. I personally need very cold water

It is up to the the individuals preference.

Unfortunately and shockingly, none of the bottled water in Thailand is required to be tested for pesticide, herbicide or arsenic residue, so who knows what you are really getting. We all know how indiscriminately pesticides and herbicides are used here.

Unfortunately and shockingly, none of the bottled water in Thailand is required to be tested for pesticide, herbicide or arsenic residue, so who knows what you are really getting. We all know how indiscriminately pesticides and herbicides are used here.

Well tests usually show in other parts of the world including first world countries, that water in bottles is not 100% so what are you implying? Don't be so shocked! blink.png

We pay 20 baht @ the local shop, because someone in their wisdom decided to do that instead of the 15 baht that was asked.

We only use it for cooking & coffee so it is exposed to high temperature. For drinking we buy the small bottles from Makro etc.....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Noticed recently a greenish tint to some of the bottled water ...

Safe to drink ..or not sad.png

No, that means the bottles haven't been cleaned or exposed to sunlight, looks like algae or change glasses..

We use those blue water machines at the side of the road (reverse osmosis?). 1 baht gets you about 1.5 litres. We re-use old coke/sprite/fanta bottles, so they go in the fridge easily. We used to use the big white bottles from the local shop for 15 baht, but the water from these machines tastes better IMO.

We use those blue water machines at the side of the road (reverse osmosis?). 1 baht gets you about 1.5 litres. We re-use old coke/sprite/fanta bottles, so they go in the fridge easily. We used to use the big white bottles from the local shop for 15 baht, but the water from these machines tastes better IMO.

Maybe if you used clean bottles and not old coke or fanta bottles the taste might be the same. I think reverse/osmosis takes any taste out of the water, how would anyone know if these road side machines are working or not.they just dispense water.

We pay 20 baht @ the local shop, because someone in their wisdom decided to do that instead of the 15 baht that was asked.

We only use it for cooking & coffee so it is exposed to high temperature. For drinking we buy the small bottles from Makro etc.....

Similar , only used the large bottles for tea/coffee and cooking

If drinking , would always buy nestle or just drink beer :)

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Once again, Rooo is spot on....

Buy the big bottles of ( fairly well purified ) water for 10 - 20 Baht each, to be used for coffee and the rice cooker...

Buy the 1.5 litre bottles of mineral water and semi-freeze them for drinking.