Do You Drink And Drive ?

Banzai99

Most Farangs I know drink and drive, how about you ?

I know many Farangs from many nationalities, young, old, employed, retired, one thing I notice is of those whom have any form of transport, most still use that transport when way over the limit.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have a couple pints or glasses of wine and drive? Absolutely. Do I drive when legally drunk? Absolutely not.

Quantify "Legally Drunk". We own both car and motorbike, but if we are going out for the evening we use motorbike Taxis, lot easier than trying to judge if I am still fit to drive. To me the simple solution should be any alcohol in the blood stream at all is illegal would certainly prevent the "Thought I was OK" defence.

Do I have a couple pints or glasses of wine and drive? Absolutely. Do I drive when legally drunk? Absolutely not.

Do you have a personal breathalyser, otherwise how would you know? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is a zero tolerance policy when it comes to driving and alcohol, especially if involved in a serious accident.

I have been drinking and driving for some 35 years never been a problem it's not drunk driving that causes accidents it's drunk AND stupid driving , imo. Most drunk driving accidents have speeding or running a red light ect involved , driving drunk and obeying the road signs and traffic lights ect is not as unsafe as all that. It's drunken kids all hyped up with no experience that started the whole problem in the first place not adults driving home from the bar at night. I do however drive more slowly and carefully because I realise my reaction time is a little slower.

Is it a good thing or something to brag about probabbly not but it's also not some big thing to get worked up over either.

Its crazy what you are saying its proven drunk driving kills.

• Like 2

I never drink and drive, i despise those who do (i mean over the legal limit). If you cant afford a taxi even in Pattaya or Phuket then don't go drinking. Problem is you kill other people and expose others to dangers because you want to drink.

They cant be tough enough on drunk drivers.

• Like 1

I have been drinking and driving for some 35 years never been a problem it's not drunk driving that causes accidents it's drunk AND stupid driving , imo. Most drunk driving accidents have speeding or running a red light ect involved , driving drunk and obeying the road signs and traffic lights ect is not as unsafe as all that. It's drunken kids all hyped up with no experience that started the whole problem in the first place not adults driving home from the bar at night. I do however drive more slowly and carefully because I realise my reaction time is a little slower.

Is it a good thing or something to brag about probabbly not but it's also not some big thing to get worked up over either.

Well honest at least.

Lucky that I have a wife who doesn't drink so no problem with getting home after a few to many.

Do you have a personal breathalyser, otherwise how would you know? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is a zero tolerance policy when it comes to driving and alcohol, especially if involved in a serious accident.

Blood alcohol level can easily be calculated by a persons weight and the amount ingested over a period of time.

Drunk driving is disgusting, especially in a country like Thailand were taxis and other transport is so cheap. Hotels are dirt cheap as well so you could just pay for one and sleep it off. There is no excuse for it

• Like 2

Actually it's proven that bad driving kills but more often when drunk , talking on a cell phone is no less dangerous than drunk driving , if you actually looked at the deaths from drunk driving you would see that they come from BAD driving and speeding ect not from driving within the posted laws and causing death , the problem is that being drunk makes some people act more irisposibly and speed and not obey the other laws not that being drunk makes it so difficult to drive well enough if you are not speeding ect. Your point of view is a common misperception of the facts.
  • Like 2

Blood alcohol level can easily be calculated by a persons weight and the amount ingested over a period of time.

You didn't respond to the second part of my post. Are you still considered to be at fault if you are involved in a serious accident with any alcohol in your blood? The reason I ask is that a friend was found culpable in an accident even though he'd only had two beers. This is in Thailand BTW.

I reckon I drink at least 3 pints a day and often up to 8 pints in a day and drive all the time.

Of course, that's water. If you are talking about alcoholic beverages then if I drink then I do not drive.

The limit here is 0.05% which is quite low, 1 large Chang could put you over.

Actually it's proven that bad driving kills but more often when drunk , talking on a cell phone is no less dangerous than drunk driving , if you actually looked at the deaths from drunk driving you would see that they come from BAD driving and speeding ect not from driving within the posted laws and causing death , the problem is that being drunk makes some people act more irisposibly and speed and not obey the other laws not that being drunk makes it so difficult to drive well enough if you are not speeding ect. Your point of view is a common misperception of the facts.

He's good at misperception.

So giddyup you agee with him that drunk driving is ok and safe ?

Even if a handful of hard core alkies can handle driving plastered it is irrelevant. The vast majority of people can not and the law has to apply to everyone. People that can not stop driving drunk belong in prison.

• Like 1

I didn't expect you to see it my way but the reality is that the number of people driving drunk everyday verses the number killing people every day is pretty close to 0. My town in America is VERY well enforced for traffic laws so no one even thinks about speeding , there are probabbly 100 people a night who dirve home drunk and their hasen't been a DUI death in 100 years.

• Like 1

Really, that is nonsense.

You would be unable to find any scientific data backing up your personal opinion here.

Even if a handful of hard core alkies can handle driving plastered it is irrelevant. The vast majority of people can not and the law has to apply to everyone. People that can not stop driving drunk belong in prison.

Thats complete nonsence .... the number of drunk drivers who drive and get home safely evey night is FAR FAR more than the number involved in accidents and almost 0 that cause deaths compared to the number that don't , the reality is that it's a small fraction of drunk drivers not a large percentage of them that cause the accidents or deaths that are almost ALWAYS speeding related.

I didn't expect you to see it my way but the reality is that the number of people driving drunk everyday verses the number killing people every day is pretty close to 0. My town in America is VERY well enforced for traffic laws so no one even thinks about speeding , there are probabbly 100 people a night who dirve home drunk and their hasen't been a DUI death in 100 years.

Sleep tight.. and comparing a sleepy American town with crazy Thai traffic clap2.gif

I really hope they catch and deport people like you. I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. I lost a relative to one.

Really, that is nonsense.

You would be unable to find any scientific data backing up your personal opinion here.

Actually you could go to ANY Police data site and find out that virtually 100 percent of drunk driving deaths involve speeding , sorry but thats just the facts. Go look for yourself

Lot of talk crap goody goodies here. rolleyes.gif

Well I honestly do not now. Get someone else to drive.

I'm not claiming that I never have either here or long ago back home. In fact back then it was quite normal to drive home after drinks. I still remember many times when I drove well over the limit (not that there were numeric limits then), paralytic a few times, not boasting in any way 'cos I know that I was very very lucky not to have killed myself, or worse some innocent pedestrian or motorist.

Thats complete nonsence .... the number of drunk drivers who drive and get home safely evey night is FAR FAR more than the number involved in accidents and almost 0 that cause deaths compared to the number that don't , the reality is that it's a small fraction of drunk drivers not a large percentage of them that cause the accidents or deaths that are almost ALWAYS speeding related.

Your not real smart.. but i did not expect much else from a drunk driver. To expect all cars to have accidents who are piloted by drunk drivers is crazy. Then to say that that means its safe to drive and drink. It just increases your chances of getting in an accident. I know i can drive with my lights off and get home most of the time.. but i can pretty much grantee it increases my chances of an accident.

• Like 1

Sleep tight.. and comparing a sleepy American town with crazy Thai traffic clap2.gif

I really hope they catch and deport people like you. I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. I lost a relative to one.

I am sorry about your reletive and you are entitled to your desire to have me deported. Might start the deportation with people who HAVE been in an accident as opposed to people who have driven for 40 years without one though.
  • Like 1

I am sorry about your reletive and you are entitled to your desire to have me deported. Might start the deportation with people who HAVE been in an accident as opposed to people who have driven for 40 years without one though.

When its proven it increases the risk and you still do it. Then you expect me to wait some one to get killed by you while drunk to prove my point. Id rather you not drink or got caught and deported.

Your not real smart.. but i did not expect much else from a drunk driver. To expect all cars to have accidents who are piloted by drunk drivers is crazy. Then to say that that means its safe to drive and drink. It just increases your chances of getting in an accident. I know i can drive with my lights off and get home most of the time.. but i can pretty much grantee it increases my chances of an accident.

I didnt say if was safe or as safe or that it didnt increase your chances , My belief is that a responsible person who uses extra care can drive just fine because the reduction is not so severe as to make it all that difficult ...... as evedenced by the millions of people who do it every day who don't speed and get home just fine day afer day.