Personal Tax Rebate In Thailand, Where To Apply

I have received rebates in tha past but was done through the companies I worked for. I believe I paid too much tax as pesonal circumstances were incorrect that the company paid tax on. Where do you start?..Are there local tax offices or is it centralised in BKK?. Possible to apply online, by phone or in person? Any info greatly appreciated

If it is just a personal income tax thing and too much has been deducted by your old work on a PAYG, then I'd just go down to the local tax office (this is assuming you haven't filed a tax return for 2011 yet).

They'll sit down with you, and actully do your tax return for you, and calculate the extent of what you owe, or in your case, what your refund should be.

There is a small fine for filing late (I got charged the grand sum of 100 baht last year for being 2 months late). Refund cheque comes in the mail a bit later.

If you have filed your return, and need to make a revision, I'd still go down and see what they say. I'm sure there are mechanisms in place.