American Needs Referal Help To Set Up Company!

:o Can anyone who has used a lawyer or accountant or both to help them set up there business make a good recommendation of a firm that is top notch.?????????

I am an American who is returning to Thailand March 2nd. I hope to set up a company at that time in Bangkok. I have been reading about the {Treaty of Amity and Friendship} You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] or I will try to check for post responses on the board.

Thank You

Ok. I was short but believe you will get batter response now. Sunbelt Asia who advertise are one of the largest and seem to have a very low fee structure. Will move this to the Jobs/business forum where it should get more attention.

Top notch of course means serious money - an example is the firm I use - Deacons who are based on Sathorn in Bangkok - managing partner is guy called Harvey Price - very competent but as I say not cheap, however there advice is sound and they are dilligent and fast. Harvey is American born and getting on a bit but I believe he is very good at what he does. In terms of fee's as a guideline - partner hourly rates are somewhere around the 350US$ mark, more junior staff are far cheaper. Your probably looking at similar fee's with all the top flight firms.

They have a website at www.deaconslaw.com

Thank You Digger. :o

Thats about what I pay now for my attorney hourly fees. $ 350.00 is cheap when your protecting a couple hundred grand. I believe you get what you pay for. And I am not going to mess around in a foreign country where I might have little to no recourse. I have some recourse in the states and some times even that is not good enough and you still get burned. Like the next guy, I am also looking for a deal. But I am not going to do anything stupid to risk my investment. Or another way to say it, I will do my best to minimize my risk exposure. You can check out my web site to see my current operation. www.discountfirearmsinc.com We are #1 in Las Vegas. I will check out the recommended website. Thanks Again!

Thank You Digger. :o

Thats about what I pay now for my attorney hourly fees. $ 350.00 is cheap when your protecting a couple hundred grand. I believe you get what you pay for. And I am not going to mess around in a foreign country where I might have little to no recourse. I have some recourse in the states and some times even that is not good enough and you still get burned. Like the next guy, I am also looking for a deal. But I am not going to do anything stupid to risk my investment. Or another way to say it, I will do my best to minimize my risk exposure. You can check out my web site to see my current operation. www.discountfirearmsinc.com We are #1 in Las Vegas. I will check out the recommended website. Thanks Again!

Woah, what are you opening up? Doesn't look like you can go cheap on the lawyer. I hope it's a nice range as the ones I've seen are unbelievably expensive. They start something like $1 a round if I remember correctly, so not worth going to check out. Although maybe now I understand why you're trying to set up over there.

CSX,

Here at Sunbelt we work with over 25 Multi-national firms as well as over 500 Mom and Pop shops. Many of these firms are American and was told by the US Commercial Services we process more Amity Treaty applications than any other firm in the last two years.

As we announced last week, unfortunately Amity is now on hold, until the FTA is negotiated between Thailand and the USA.

However other strategies are still available to protect foreigner’s interest. I agree that its very important to make sure your interest are protected especially if you are a minor shareholder. As I was stating today during the taping of “Legal Eagle" on http://radiobangkok.net today (which will be airing next week. ) Three clients approached us last month, as they needed to buy back their company shares after being voted out as the Managing Director. If they had used our services in the beginning, it would never would of happen in the first place!

We had a decision to make when we first started 5 years ago, to charge the same rates as other International firms or provide the same or even better service and have lower rates. We went with the later as we felt that at the end of the day, with a profit sharing plan with our lawyers and doing very high volume, this would be the best business model. Fortunately our forecast was correct and based on our reputation we have been very successful and best of all, we have a large client base that mostly come from recommendations from previous clients and they also enjoy accurate advice at a fair price. As most of the processing of the paperwork is waiting in line, we feel the hourly rate is not the correct fee structure. A flat rate is much more appropriate.

www.lawyer.th.com