Best Bread In Rawai?

stevehaigh

I buy from The Bakery to the left side of Tesco Chalong, next door to the Family Restaurant. Only trouble is they bake for wholesale orders and only have limited range for walk-in customers. Mid day is best time to buy.

2 or 3 PM is often OK. Earlier than that and they may not have finished baking. Sundays they used to close during the low season.

Their French bread is good, brown sliced is good, hot dog rolls with sesame seeds also good.

I find Flints bread barely edible. In general, it's very hard to find good bred in phuket, I suspect it is due to the humid weather.

Best I found in the area is from the french bakery near nai harn lake, beside the reggae bar. But their baguette is just ok. The croissants and pains au chocolat are excellent, though.

i tried fruits or trang, i found the bread pretty average and strangely, no fruit for sale!

anyhow, my big success was the frozen part baked breads from flints one, especially the ciabata (sp?). thanks valentine for the tip

the thing i have found so far with this bread is it needs a couple of hours to defrost in open air, DO NOT MICROWAVE. i don't want to turn on my big oven for such a small job so i use the little toaster over. i pre heat it for 5-10 mins then i turn off the heaters and put the bread in, after about 5 mins i give it another boost of 2-3 mins of heat and leave for another 5 mins. then it comes out great and more convenient than shopping for fresh bread every day.

Flints-One do an excellent croissant. Their Combi-corn bread is also good.

The Bake opposite Wat Chalong for baguettes.

Must try those other bakeries mentioned Fuits of Trang and the one next to the Family restaurant.

Used to be able to buy crumpets next to Family but had to order the day before. Not sure if they still do them. Have not tried bread at "Fruits" but I like their German meatballs in spicy mushroom sauce.