Guys Who Cannot Manage To Get Any Relationship In Thailand

drronnie

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that if you have never had a sucessful relationship in your own country, the odds aren't good of having one here. It also depends on what you class as a "relationship", to some guys it may mean keeping a bar girl on for a few weeks and then trading her in for a new one. My longest lasting falang female relationship was about 8 years, don't know what category that puts me in, probably "the grass was always greener" category.

Edited by giddyup

Long meaningful overnight relationship maybe...............thumbsup.gif

If a person has the charisma of a brick in his home country, again, perhaps he will meet Mrs. Brick over here. He may think he has found what he is after, but needs to weigh up the pros & cons of the situation.

Otherwise he may end up as a Senior Member on here!...................smile.png

Edit: See you beat me to it Giddyup!

Edited by chrisinth

I'd say that this country ATTRACTS men who can't get a relationship in their own country because it's easy here.

All you have to do is go to Pattaya and there are 10,000 pretty girls who will get into a 'relationship'.

But with normal women they will have big problems as as well as the normal problems with relationships there is the added cultural difference.

• Like 2

I always got bored with women back in Canada and likes to stud for recreation.Women were just sex objects. Womens lib and political correctness made my lifestyle harder to maintain. So I moved to Thailand where I can live out my last remaining years in the lifestyle I had grown accustom too.Never wanted long term wanted 3 to 5 month lovers. If that makes me a bad guy or scumbag then gee I quess i have to live with that. But I can definitely live with it here with no quilt.

What I am saying is some of us could care less about the status quo. We live our own lives.Not cookie cutter lifestyles. Some of us have lived all our lives alone and now see no need for relationships.

That said I hope I didnot offend anyones sensitivities.

• Like 1

I'd say that this country ATTRACTS men who can't get a relationship in their own country because it's easy here.

All you have to do is go to Pattaya and there are 10,000 pretty girls who will get into a 'relationship'.

But with normal women they will have big problems as as well as the normal problems with relationships there is the added cultural difference.

There's also the guys who come here who have had a gutful of relationships, for whatever reason, and just prefer a quick turnover. To each his own. Relationships can be hard work and sometimes it becomes nothing more than a chore.

Edited by giddyup

I always got bored with women back in Canada and likes to stud for recreation.Women were just sex objects. Womens lib and political correctness made my lifestyle harder to maintain. So I moved to Thailand where I can live out my last remaining years in the lifestyle I had grown accustom too.Never wanted long term wanted 3 to 5 month lovers. If that makes me a bad guy or scumbag then gee I quess i have to live with that. But I can definitely live with it here with no quilt.

What I am saying is some of us could care less about the status quo. We live our own lives.Not cookie cutter lifestyles. Some of us have lived all our lives alone and now see no need for relationships.

That said I hope I didnot offend anyones sensitivities.

Nope, telling it like it is.

I would say that if you have never had a sucessful relationship in your own country, the odds aren't good of having one here. It also depends on what you class as a "relationship", to some guys it may mean keeping a bar girl on for a few weeks and then trading her in for a new one. My longest lasting falang female relationship was about 8 years, don't know what category that puts me in, probably "the grass was always greener" category.

Relationship for me is something longterm. What you get in Pattaya is certainly not a genuine relationship for me and I have ahd it before but definitely not fulfilling.

Relationship for me is something longterm. What you get in Pattaya is certainly not a genuine relationship for me and I have ahd it before but definitely not fulfilling.

No one knows how "long term" anything is going to be, least of all relationships.

I always got bored with women back in Canada and likes to stud for recreation.Women were just sex objects. Womens lib and political correctness made my lifestyle harder to maintain.

You sure it was 'women's lib' that made that lifestyle harder to maintain?

They will be able to, although probably have to pay a salary. There are also good odds they will get taken advantage of, end up heart broken, or end up a bitter wreck of a man. Depends a lot on the nature of the guy and why he didn't have a relationship at home, and what type of person he goes for here. Someone who is miserable and no one wants to be around is only going to attract the wrong kind of people.

I always got bored with women back in Canada and likes to stud for recreation.Women were just sex objects. Womens lib and political correctness made my lifestyle harder to maintain.

You sure it was 'women's lib' that made that lifestyle harder to maintain?

It was a big part of it. Women hated to see a man happy,biggrin.png

Long meaningful overnight relationship maybe...............thumbsup.gif

If a person has the charisma of a brick in his home country, again, perhaps he will meet Mrs. Brick over here. He may think he has found what he is after, but needs to weigh up the pros & cons of the situation.

Otherwise he may end up as a Senior Member on here!...................smile.png

Edit: See you beat me to it Giddyup!

Theres more to life than charisma, try watching Th Painted Veil movie

Edited by travelmann

I was a virgin before I came to Thailand. Never even had a girlfriend.

Now I'm sexed out and have a slim, sexy, & young Thai wife.

Thank goodness for that, congrats to yourself and your wife!

When I read your opening line that you were a virgin before coming to Thailand, I instantly thought you had since had a relationship with a kratoy!

Apologies for my mind today, it is a bit off track...........wink.png

I was a horny bastard when I was a young gun, I treated relationship as just the same as one night stands but you get multiple one nighters plus maybe have to have time for the odd movie or dinner.

I cheated on all my gf's as a lot of guys do in the late teens early 20's.

Then found this Thai girl, First Thai I ever dated and things changed almost overnight.

I swear man, some girls p@#$y I believe have some special powers. I also seen some of the hardest men treat girls like crap and there will be one who just makes them start behaving or wraps them around their finger.

• Like 1

Relationships are for sale here either short time, time share, or mortgage variety. Any freak or weirdo will have no problems at all as long as they have the money. The only people who might struggle are those acclimatised to real relationships and have not wiped off their morals and culture from their shoes at immigration when they enter the country.

I'm glad to see you are getting your digs in before you leave, but as you are probably aware honest opinions and criticisms are not highly valued on this forum. I hope you will still be a contributor once you get to HK, would be interested in knowing how all that works out for you.

Relationships are for sale here either short time, time share, or mortgage variety. Any freak or weirdo will have no problems at all as long as they have the money. The only people who might struggle are those acclimatised to real relationships and have not wiped off their morals and culture from their shoes at immigration when they enter the country.

I'm glad to see you are getting your digs in before you leave, but as you are probably aware honest opinions and criticisms are not highly valued on this forum. I hope you will still be a contributor once you get to HK, would be interested in knowing how all that works out for you.

I lived in HK quite happily for a few years so it will be just fine. Thanks for your concern.

It's not a case of getting digs in before I leave, more a case of just saying things as I see them. No need to pretend to anyone or myself that this is a lovely land of smiles any more and force myself to accept the lunacy of the land. But heh, it's all OK. Thailand want people to holiday here and spend money and then leave. All of the current administrations policies are all about this, and nothing about expats actually living here and contributing....because funnily enough....they do not want people living here. Only their money. :)

lol, you can tell who are the bitter mobs in this forum.

Bitter? No, why? Because I can see through all the crap that's posted here and voice my opinion?

Violation of Rule 1 of living in Thailand. You are not allowed to disagree or voice your opinion on anything. Just pay up and shut up.

lol, you can tell who are the bitter mobs in this forum.

Bitter? No, why? Because I can see through all the crap that's posted here and voice my opinion?

lol voicing an opinion and complaining about everything under the sun are different.

You want to show me where I've actually complained about anything, unless disagreeing is considered complaining.

There is a saying that men who were not able to get into a realtionship in their home countries will not be able to get a relationship here either. What are your thoughts?

It's almost impossible not to get into a relationship in Thailand.

No matter how, old, decrepit, undesirable and socially inept you are.

Then once in a relationship, it's almost impossible not to get into another relationship at the same time. If any of you have the secret of avoiding relationships, please tell me, as I'm getting a little tired saying NO.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I am also one of the people who is dreaming of a real relationship and I do not want the mortgage variety either so I guess I must be standing on lost ground.