Good Coffee

Pollywaffle

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I roast both Thai Arabica and imported premium coffee in Phuket. I also have a cafe in Kamala and we only serve freshly roasted beans and have serious baristas making great espresso lattes and capuccino. PM me if you would like to sample the coffee.

www.expobolivar.com

this is a guy in pattaya who is importing coffe from columbia. (absolute premium quality)

might be a little bit more expensive than bon cafe etc. but for real coffee lovers/drinkers a must do/must have!

not sure, how many kilos at leat you have to order!?

but try this coffee an forget about all the others brands/coffees...!

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that Chumphon is the largest coffee growing province in Thailand, and you can sometimes find the beans from there on sale at OTOP and Blue Flag fairs for 150 baht for a half kilo...I don't think it is quite as good as BonCafe's stuff, but I am not a connoisseur..there is also a place right around the corner from the PEA office in Phuket Town called K2 that sells half-kilo bags of beans from Chiang Mai for 300. I have a bag here and will report back after I try it. For me the only time to 'test' beans is first thing in the morning...I do love BonCafe's slogan Go on! Have another Cup. Imagine if they tried that with alcohol or some other addictive drug...

Sorry but I have given up with selecting beans - I search through the coffee shops which are springing up in Phuket Town - my favourite being 'Coffee Circle's' in Phuket Town followed by the 'Since 1982' - will ask which beans today "Happy Mooncake Festival". smile.png

Edited by LivinginKata
link removed

I was on an Air Asia flight and in their AA magazine was a guy thats opened some coffee shop in Kamala.

Calls himself an "ex-lawyer" in the magazine snippet. Found that strange as wouldn't you just be a non-practicing lawyer?

Anyway, supposedly he roasts his own beans, my thought though is he is going to have to sell a lot of cups of coffee to make money out of a coffee shop in Kamala.

Garage Coffee or something...........

I was on an Air Asia flight and in their AA magazine was a guy thats opened some coffee shop in Kamala.

Calls himself an "ex-lawyer" in the magazine snippet. Found that strange as wouldn't you just be a non-practicing lawyer?

Anyway, supposedly he roasts his own beans, my thought though is he is going to have to sell a lot of cups of coffee to make money out of a coffee shop in Kamala.

Garage Coffee or something...........

You must have had a late night and no coffee1.gif this morning, see post # 35 this topic.

Not saying this is the case but being barred from practice would make you an ex lawyer. Retired lawyer may be the correct term in this situation. In legal terms give him, " benefit of the doubt ." whistling.gif

I roast both Thai Arabica and imported premium coffee in Phuket. I also have a cafe in Kamala and we only serve freshly roasted beans and have serious baristas making great espresso lattes and capuccino. PM me if you would like to sample the coffee.

Thanks, would love to try your coffee, how do I find your cafe?

I gave a short info piece to Air Asia and called myself a "former lawyer". I had enough after 17 years in that profession including 1 in Phuket. I dont intend practising law again.

Coffee is my passion and I roast coffee for retail and wholesale sale, provide barista training and sale of equipment. Sure I would make more as a lawyer but I prefer making people smile lol.

For what it's worth, fresh coffee will always beat stale, no matter the origin. When I say fresh I mean that when stored correctly, roasted coffee is usually in a state of decline three weeks after roasting. Thai arabica coffee is perhaps not world renowned but I have found it to be a quality coffee as a stand alone single origin and it also blends well with imported coffees. Imported coffees are taxed at 90% so that will be reflected in retail prices, and has resulted in small commercial roasters struggling to offer a lot of choice and variety for heir customers. This may change if more of a coffee culture develops here as has happened in the wine industry.

Thanks, would love to try your coffee, how do I find your cafe?

Coming from Patong, turn left at the first traffic light and it is about100 meters from the corner on the left side.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like an opportunity for a great business venture, Bluedan & KarenBravo.

When people contemplate planting a new crop & wonder whether to grow avocados, the response is...How many avocados do you eat a day? How many cups of coffee do you drink? How many cups of tea? Advice...Grow coffee & tea then get some clever people to do the rest.

If there is ever a competition to make a great cuppa tea, I'm sure I'll win it.

post-18822-0-41963900-1355724705_thumb.j

I like to read (some of) the answers to queries - not just mine - most are very informative and helpful. I often wonder who the regular posters are, what they look like etc - well now I know what KarenBravo looks like!!! Hah Hah!!! I'll take my tea ... white with sugar.

• Like 1

Saw a big yellow sign on the Kamala main drag Jannie's Coffee that seems relatively new. Still having a hard time believing with all the overhead flogging cups of coffee can make money.

I understand how the big chains can do it, but for the little guys? How many cups to you have to sell to cover rent, electric, staff etc.???

Anyway, maybe Jannie is Thai and getting things on the cheap cheap........