Ikea Stock Problems, Delivery Deleted All The Time

ludo34

I've bought a kitchen at Ikea in April for a condo i've in south and some part wasn't in stock. The seller confirm to me the delivery for the pieces they don't have for June 30th....So i bought it and know i need to wait for 2 months to have my kitchen complete....But now, it's over 6 months i wait to finish my kitchen, and the delivery is postponed all the time (3 times already) and they don't know when i can have my stuff.... The management offers to me for free cheap items in other colour to fix instead...and free delivery when they will receive it....I ask in compensation to have the pieces for free (cost is 6,000 THB), i think it can be comercial when i've already expans 200,000 THB in their shop, and they answer to me, not possible "we give you for free some parts already to complete your kitchen". But now, they don't know when they have in stock, and don't offer something to me for waiting again...

Don't buy something in Ikea if they don't have in stock....

They are at the end of a seaborn supply chain here. If it doesn't get put on the ship, I has to wait for the next one.

Sea transport takes a long time.

Or might it be that the problems lay at the very end of that supply line as with so many multinationals in Thailand who have to import products.

Keep in mind that they are competing with some well established Thai companies.

Is it really Ikea you're dealing with? Or is it a third party which takes care of the delivery and installation? Because as far as I know, IKEA doesn't deliver or install themselves. It is independent local thai companies taking care of that, which means they might not be handling the reservation process properly.