Foreign Mama San'S Busted In Front Of Grace Hotel In Bangkok

george

I really doubt those girls were tricked into what they were doing.

So what do you know about Uzbek prostitutes that would lead you to say that?

I would say he knows very little about prostitutes from anywhere.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people seem to be asking why they did it, whether they were forced etc.

I guess the first question that should be asked is - what are the employment opportunities like for the average Uzbek women in Uzbekistan like? (excellent / good/ average / poor / non existent)

Perhaps if we know the answer to that question we could better understand the how and why of this.

taken a long time before action has been taken,back in the 80s i was told dont go anywhere near the grace hotel not safe for non-arabs,i saw the documentary could be some big fish involved,what i dont understand these girls have fathers where are they,if one of my daughters went missing i would go to the far corners of the earth to find them.

• Like 1

So what do you know about Uzbek prostitutes that would lead you to say that?

I would say he knows very little about prostitutes from anywhere.coffee1.gif

Never paid for it before. Not against those that like to buy sex (from other consenting adults), but personally the idea skeeves me out.

• Like 2

Wasn't there a TV show a month or so on National Geographic about this sort of group?

Correct, it seems these girls are brought here (as with all people smugglers) with the promise of a better life then find themselves in prostitution no passport and no way to get away. Seems according to the documentary they are here to service the middle eastern community who prefer white girls??

I agree they were not tricked into it, they were forced into it.

99.95% of the white or black women you see in Thailand hooking are forced into it, for them its not a choice.

One of the reasons Thailand is popular as a sex destination is that the vast majority of Thai women involved in the business is they do it voluntarily and most reasonably guys do care about the trafficked women.

The decimal point indicates a certain level of detail and statistical accuracy.

What is your source of "99.95% of the white or black women you see in Thailand hooking are forced into it, for them its not a choice"?

Wasn't there a TV show a month or so on National Geographic about this sort of group?

Correct, it seems these girls are brought here (as with all people smugglers) with the promise of a better life then find themselves in prostitution no passport and no way to get away. Seems according to the documentary they are here to service the middle eastern community who prefer white girls??

I am sure if they looked under the burka before they bought they would see that a lot of thier women are white also. I guess it is always a good idea to be able to see what you are buying.wink.png Just kidding people.

Is it not more likely that these whores just made up the "forced into it" story to escape punishment from the immigration authorities? There must have been numerous opportunities to escape or ask for help. I mean, how is it really possible to force someone to board a plane, pass through immigration, do visa runs, talk to customers, etc without being caught?

I guess you don't watch Television or read the news? Many of these woman who are forced into the trade is just like this article said; First they have their passports taken from them, then they are told they owe money to the "deceivers" after that they are told that if they do not pay their debt or do as they are told that their families will be killed by syndicates back home or they will be set up with drugs and taken to jail forever or.........

Anyways this particular case they may or may not have been forced "tricked" into it and we are only assuming at this point HOWEVER it does happen.

Visa runs? Do you think these mama sans give a lick about these girls staying here legally? They don't care at all and I'm sure we will soon read that their passports are all overstays.

These human trafficking syndicates are professionals and have many different tactics. Just watch "citvasia" channel on television and you will see.

As far as the Europeans in the windows in Pattaya, they chose these jobs and are not forced into it. Those woman won't even talk to you for under 10k.

Also as far as one poster said that there are 20 to 30 of these woman walking beach rd here in Pattaya, I have been here for years and have never even seen 1 in all my time. All the beach rd woman are Thais.

Correct - apparently the Muslim men want to bang hookers who are also Muslim and then stone them to death I assume?

You need to watch this documentary to realize the extent of the crime. How far and wide the network is besides being impenetrable, dangerous and downright scary.

The women who are tricked/ forced into prostitution have no way out. Their lives are in danger and the lives of those who they have left in their home country because the procurer always knows where these women have come from.

The documentary was based on hard work by an NGO and it took a lot of false leads, hostile witnesses and collaboration with ( you will be surprised) anonymous Thai volunteers who just wanted to help. With concealed cameras and wires they were able to identify quite a number of key players in Thailand involved only in Uzbeki trafficking. There are so many other nationalities who have their own prostitution rings!!

I am very glad to read this news because it definitely seems like the NGO's work paid off!

• Like 1

The notion of sex slave conjures up the notion of a woman naked and chained in the basement. Or something like that. This is not nearly the situation of most of the Uzbeks and Turkmens - these are the two largest communities of Central Asian girls here, all of whom call themselves Russians.

When they are recruited at home most have a pretty shrewd idea of what they are getting into. In fact, many seek out the opportunity. Why? "It's the economy, stupid." Middle to lower-middle class Uzbeks can hope to make at most around $300/month in, say, Tashkent or Samarkand. Here, an income north of $3000/month, even after splitting 50-50 with mamasan, is possible. And once the "balance", the upfront amount owed to mamasan, is paid up, even more.

In this context, note that a decent house in a Tashkent suburb can be bought for $30,000 and a car for $10,000. So, basically, a few years in Bangkok can set a girl up for life.

Of course, some get into terrible situations - with their mamasans, drugs, boyfriends, conflicts with other girls, etc. Then, of course, the fact that they are in a foreign country with little resources to call their own compounds the mess.

Still, a general statement that Uzbek girls are trafficked into Bangkok as sex slaves is simplistic and not true.

99.95% of the white or black women you see in Thailand hooking are forced into it, for them its not a choice.

One of the reasons Thailand is popular as a sex destination is that the vast majority of Thai women involved in the business is they do it voluntarily and most reasonably guys do care about the trafficked women.

You do realise that 99.95 is a pretty big percentage? Love to know where you source that......................ermm.gif

You are kidding right? Forced?...you believe all that NGO drivel?

No just a realist.

A Uzbek women would make a lot more in Prague, Amsterdam, Middle East or any European country than they would in Thailand.

In my home country we have a lot of Eastern European women coming to make a fair amount of money without having a lot of issues since prostitution is legal but its illegal for someone to profit of a prostitute ie a pimp.

When ever there is a story about trafficking/pimping its street walkers from Africa, gypsys or the lower Eastern Europe where the women are more ulnerable. Ask yourself where did this Nigerian/Uzbek woman get 40K+ baht to get to Thailand and still have money enough for accomodation and protection?

Call me naive but I believe most Thai women involved in the farang part of the industry are there by choice, they choose to do it they don't have someone threatning there kids/family. It often because of financial issues they choose to do it but that the same everywhere in the world and if its deadbeat husbands/boyfriends then they still have a choice unlike women forced into prostitution.

You do realise that 99.95 is a pretty big percentage? Love to know where you source that......................ermm.gif

I am not anti prostitution or anything like that. I believe women have the right to choose themselves and I support that I have been to plenty of prostitutes so thats not an issue for me I am very much pro prostitution under the right circumstances.

Ask yourself how can someone from the middle of nowhere in Nigeria or Uzbekistan can afford a ticket to Thailand? If they can afford the ticket why not go somewhere they can make a lot more money.

Is it not more likely that these whores just made up the "forced into it" story to escape punishment from the immigration authorities? There must have been numerous opportunities to escape or ask for help. I mean, how is it really possible to force someone to board a plane, pass through immigration, do visa runs, talk to customers, etc without being caught?

Usually by threat to family members. The girls then think if they do not do as told their Mother or Father or siblings will be hurt or killed if they do not do as told. They are not getting university grads they are finding poor girls and using threats to get their business done. It happens all over the world not just in Thailand. Take the blinders off and see thing how they really are. Spend 10 min in the victims shoes before you start throwing stones. You have no idea what her life is like and I really think you don't want to either.

Prostitutes....Bah. LOS should rid itself of all prostitutes...foreign and domestic.

Then rid itself of the pimps and those who support prostitution. There is a

relationship here...somewhere between store bought fake dog poop and

the stuff one steps in....

I have found that is a myth perpetuated by visiting johns to make themselves feel better about using the services of prostitutes in Thailand.

Remember, when trying to feed and care for a family, nothing is voluntary.

• Like 1

I guess you don't watch Television or read the news? Many of these woman who are forced into the trade is just like this article said; First they have their passports taken from them, then they are told they owe money to the "deceivers" after that they are told that if they do not pay their debt or do as they are told that their families will be killed by syndicates back home or they will be set up with drugs and taken to jail forever or.........

Anyways this particular case they may or may not have been forced "tricked" into it and we are only assuming at this point HOWEVER it does happen.

Visa runs? Do you think these mama sans give a lick about these girls staying here legally? They don't care at all and I'm sure we will soon read that their passports are all overstays.

These human trafficking syndicates are professionals and have many different tactics. Just watch "citvasia" channel on television and you will see.

As far as the Europeans in the windows in Pattaya, they chose these jobs and are not forced into it. Those woman won't even talk to you for under 10k.

Also as far as one poster said that there are 20 to 30 of these woman walking beach rd here in Pattaya, I have been here for years and have never even seen 1 in all my time. All the beach rd woman are Thais.

1. Oh yes they will. Try Starbucks at Central mall (talk to you that is). 2. I don't know where you been but it wasn't Pattaya,

Uzbekistan Prostitutes Back in Town - Pattaya People newspaper ...

"After receiving complaints about women pestering tourists along Beach Road, Pattaya police officers went out in the early hours of Thursday morning to patrol the famous beach front strip. There they came upon a group of 7 women, who claimed they were tourists from Uzbekistan. Yes, direct from Central Asia, they’re back in town, those classy ladies of the night ready to perform their tricks. Three of them failed to produce their passports, so were taken back to the station for processing, and together with their companions were charged with prostitution, fined and then let loose to no doubt continue their sightseeing around Pattaya.

I have found that is a myth perpetuated by visiting johns to make themselves feel better about using the services of prostitutes in Thailand.

I voluntarlly chose my line of work to care for and feed my family.

Finding out something implies investigation and some form of fact finding. If you don't mind, how did you find out it is a myth? How many ladies of the night have you spoken to? How many, John's? Over what period of time was your investigation accomplished?