Pajero Sport - New Tires /Wheels, Recommendations?

SoloFlyer

If calculating new PSI based on that formula and you get 45 PSI, you tires certainly can't be rated for the weight of your car... very dangerous.. My guess is you just have a very uncomfortable ride for no reason though tongue.png

As for 22" spare - that's going to get stolen - it's just a matter of time. Recommend against doing that smile.png

So long as you fit the correct tires on the 22's (265/40R22) you'll retain the same rolling diameter as the stock tire (265/70R16), so could use it, with caution, to get you to a tire shop for repairs.

Thanks IMHO, I will ask my dealer WHY they use 45PSI while the tyre says 44 MAX.

I have to disagree with being uncomfy though, I always have smooth rides. Both on bumpy roads with muddy swampy holes as well as high speed 160+ on the tollways of Bangkok.

Ah thanks for those specifications and it being stolen ofcourse smile.png

post-108675-0-55229000-1371582806_thumb.

post-108675-0-29859500-1371582840_thumb.

Pajero Sport Club has a foreigner sections btw and I've been to a couple of their meets. Most members speak English fairly well and quite often a few foreigners show up smile.png

I'm aware of that section, frankly I posted in it a few days ago, but even in the international sections people tend to write Thai. So I kinda not feel welcome anymore. I also feel that only 3 up to masx 5 foreigners are on the board being active as PJS owner. While even on a non-PJS-dedicated forum such as here (ThaiVisa) there are more foreign PJS owners talking about their rides. dam_n, I really wish there was some kind of club for English speaking/writing folks in Thailand for the PJS doing meetups and all smile.png

Both have good grip but the Yokos were smoother and quieter.

Yea I think I also go for the Yokos based on recommendations both on TV as well as on other forums throughout the web smile.png

Wow that one I like, but I guess it's really hard to find out which exact rims those are, and which tyres and if anything else underneath has been changed.

If you do know, please help me found out, that car is my dreamcar biggrin.png

Well, almost wink.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all academic. I suspect that most posters here have never removed their spare tyre periodically and hands up all those who have thrown away a 'good' tyre and replaced it with a new cover because it has exceeded five years life from new.

Five years!?! Mine never reach age 3 ;)

It's all academic. I suspect that most posters here have never removed their spare tyre periodically and hands up all those who have thrown away a 'good' tyre and replaced it with a new cover because it has exceeded five years life from new.

Five years!?! Mine never reach age 3 wink.png

I chuck the Ride away after 3.cheesy.gif .Dont have Kids.They hit the curb daily.sad.png

• 1 month later...

I just got my tires factory Pajero tires filled at a gas station. Checked the manual, and told my wife to have the guy fill them to 30 front/32 back. When I came back from the bathroom, he was finishing up. Gave him 20 baht, and drove away. It didn't feel right, and I let my wife know it felt strange.

She said the expert gas pumper said that 45 was better for gas mileage, so he did it...I can't blame her or the guy as TIT...I should have done it myself or at least watched the guy do it. Interesting that another poster does 45 psi and that it gets recommended to him as well.

Anyway, after driving for a bit, I stopped at a PTT and deflated them to normal levels. 50% more than factory recommendations sounds insane.