Yingluck To Give Speeches At U.N. Meetings; Possible U.K. Visit In The Pipeline

webfact

No please don't.

For the women of Thailand sake, haven't they suffered enough already?

But what could go wrong, she has her Brother writing her speech

eg.

oh ummm but no nong khup no you but you know well it's not like that

no no no you not understand I well but you see no no you not know me

nong khup 500 baht no no no but you not know me if me yes but maybe.........

Not exactly like he got a chance to practice a speech in the States. Yingluck will be able to get away with it because she is speaking to a group of her peers (politicians) They are all masters of long winded say nothing speeches.Good thing she is not speaking to her countrymen.

On second thought maybe it would be a good choice for her to speak to them. It would insure them that they made the right choice when they left Thailand.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No please don't.

For the women of Thailand sake, haven't they suffered enough already?

But what could go wrong, she has her Brother writing her speech

eg.

oh ummm but no nong khup no you but you know well it's not like that

no no no you not understand I well but you see no no you not know me

nong khup 500 baht no no no but you not know me if me yes but maybe.........

Not exactly like he got a chance to practice a speech in the States. Yingluck will be able to get away with it because she is speaking to a group of her peers (politicians) They are all masters of long winded say nothing speeches.Good thing she is not speaking to her countrymen.

On second thought maybe it would be a good choice for her to speak to them. It would insure them that they made the right choice when they left Thailand.

I can´t wait for the You-Tube clip. clap2.gif

I feel something good about to happen for Thailand. From Wikipedia "...In the evening of 19 September 2006, while Thaksin was visiting New York City, US, to attend a United Nations summit and speak at the Council on Foreign Relations, the army took control of Bangkok ..."

The same month but 6 years later. It would great! Cheers.

Yes. Let's have some more dead Thai people. It'll be great!!!! <deleted>.

• Like 2

PM to visit Myanmar and New York next month

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- September looks set to be a busy month for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who is due to visit Myanmar, the United States and possibly Britain.

On September 13, Yingluck and her entourage will head to Nay Pyi Taw to follow up on the deep-sea port at Dawei and other bilateral agreements.

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul said yesterday the prime minister would have a two-day official visit to Myanmar to see President Thein Sein in the new capital to follow up on three bilateral pacts signed during the president's visit to Bangkok in July.

Joint development of the Dawei deep-sea port, and the plan to link the project to Thailand's Laem Chabang port would be a key topic of discussion, Surapong said.

The three memorandums of understanding had reaffirmed the two countries' cooperation on the project, which would be key to the development of southern Myanmar and links with Thailand's Eastern Seaboard.

The MoUs, particularly the one on Dawei, have sent strong signals to foreign investors that the two governments are committed to developing the strategic economic corridor, which will help boost this impoverished region in Myanmar.

Yingluck is also expected to head to the United States on September 23 for a five-day visit. She is due to deliver a speech on women's rights at the United Nations headquarters in New York on September 25 at the invitation of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. This speech will be on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting, which officially starts on September 18.

The premier is also scheduled to deliver a speech at the General Assembly meeting on September 27, as well as meet with leaders of other countries to boost relations and cooperation.

The Board of Investment will host a business luncheon, chaired by Deputy PM Kittiratt Na-Ranong and Industry Minister Pongsvas Svasti, with US businessmen to help retain confidence in Thailand.

Surapong said the Thai and British governments were also working on a plan for Yingluck to visit London. He said the PM would prefer to visit London on her way to New York, but if that wasn't possible the trip may have to be postponed till a later date.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-23

U.S..... U.K.... and now Myanmar.... September seems to be another month for her not to be in Thailand...

BANGKOK, Aug 22 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to visit Myanmar next month to discuss the development of the Dawei deep-sea port project with the Myanmar president, Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Wednesday.

Surapong said the premier will meet with President Thein Sein during her Sept 13-15 visit.

http://www.mcot.net/...age/403845.html

Nice to see the PM doing what PM's do, international statesmanship etc..................

Nice to see that with both the de facto PM and the clone PM out of the country so much that it leaves Chalerm in charge of things.

watch for something to happen here in Thailand with her being out of country for a week

This is NOT going to happen!

Wanna bet ..?? She has to go to the USA to make amends for the scew ups of Big Bother... Sorry Brother

Yes, I am ready to bet...Nothing will happen when she is abroad.

She means nothing. She has no power, she does not decide, she does not rule. Whether she is here or not makes NO difference.

• Like 1

U.S..... U.K.... and now Myanmar.... September seems to be another month for her not to be in Thailand...

BANGKOK, Aug 22 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to visit Myanmar next month to discuss the development of the Dawei deep-sea port project with the Myanmar president, Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Wednesday.

Surapong said the premier will meet with President Thein Sein during her Sept 13-15 visit.

http://www.mcot.net/...age/403845.html

Nice to see the PM doing what PM's do, international statesmanship etc..................

It would be nice to see her receive a warm "overcome" from all her supporters in Phatet Los Angels

Indeed, I just hate it reading all those sarcastic remarks about her conversational skills! She got a MPA from Kentucky States University, had to write a thesis,.do a research and defend this research, so her English skills must be excellent. Guess most posters here are just jealous of her intelligence!

She could use her visits to share ideas about lunch boxes on high speed trains.

I feel something good about to happen for Thailand. From Wikipedia "...In the evening of 19 September 2006, while Thaksin was visiting New York City, US, to attend a United Nations summit and speak at the Council on Foreign Relations, the army took control of Bangkok ..."

The same month but 6 years later. It would great! Cheers.

Yes. Let's have some more dead Thai people. It'll be great!!!! <deleted>.

They have 100's if not 1000's of dead thais every year due to bad or drunk driving and they do sod all about that. Also remember the coup was bloodless.

It was only after Thaksin threw his dummy out the pram and financed the Reds that things got out of hand.

Ps. I dont want another coup. But like others I wonder what they are preparing to put before parliament.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Indeed, I just hate it reading all those sarcastic remarks about her conversational skills! She got a MPA from Kentucky States University, had to write a thesis,.do a research and defend this research, so her English skills must be excellent. Guess most posters here are just jealous of her intelligence!

I thought an MPA was a machine gun.

Makes sense I guess

watch for something to happen here in Thailand with her being out of country for a week

Wanna bet ..?? She has to go to the USA to make amends for the scew ups of Big Bother... Sorry Brother

Nah, nothing will happen. It's not as if people think it is SHE who is in charge her anyway! She barely attends anything here in the first place.

She doesn't even know her own MP's....

In a warm-up to the world-wide audience of the UN General Assembly, comes a witty statement from her yesterday....

At Government House yesterday, in response to reporter's questions about Chalong's case, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said:

"Which Chalong? I don't know."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yongyuth to question Chalong about 'threats' on clip

http://www.nationmul...p-30188888.html

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

She doesn't even know her own MP's....

In a warm-up to the world-wide audience of the UN General Assembly, comes a witty statement from her yesterday....

At Government House yesterday, in response to reporter's questions about Chalong's case, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said:

"Which Chalong? I don't know."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yongyuth to question Chalong about 'threats' on clip

http://www.nationmul...p-30188888.html

Nice bunch these PTP redshirts

Since Thailand already has two Prime Ministers, the local one and the far one, maybe Thaksin should do the overseas work and leave Yingluck to run the country with no excuses for absence from the house. She is a hard working lady with precious little time for her family and she has a young son who needs the support of his mother, even if it is discussing rice pledging and high speed train sets with him over dinner..

And after all, the rest of the running of the country is in the hands of family or cronies, so why not let Mr Thaksin have the position of offshore Prime Minister. He is smart, erudite in things financial and would be perfect to represent the Kingdom in a constructive way.

Let's see if it can happen

I must say that this idea has merit. As the topic is women's rights (their lefts are cute too) Thaksin could delve into the various classifications for women in the complex Thai language. Explaining the subtle differences between a mia, mia noi, fan, gik, and a one-night bar/karaoke girl should be highly entertaining.

OTOH if Yingluk speaks it would be better she went with something she is more familiar with. An up-date on her campaign against corruption highlighting its many successes should have them rolling in the aisles.

I've noticed that whenever her brother visits a foreign country she seems to go there for meetings shortly after.

What does he do there each time? Check the hotels for comfort so that she can stay at the best ones?

I've noticed that whenever her brother visits a foreign country she seems to go there for meetings shortly after.

What does he do there each time? Check the hotels for comfort so that she can stay at the best ones?

Clears the lobbies of any nasty builder type people

Seems like nobody actually believes her English skills are excellent ... except you. The proof is in the pudding. Have you actually listened to her respond to questions in English?

Very true. I wonder id a copy of her research thesis and transcript of the defense are available from the University?

Someone has to make the personal apologies for her brother

Seems like nobody actually believes her English skills are excellent ... except you. The proof is in the pudding. Have you actually listened to her respond to questions in English?

Sarcasm blindness today JT?

Yes, I am ready to bet...Nothing will happen when she is abroad.

She means nothing. She has no power, she does not decide, she does not rule. Whether she is here or not makes NO difference.

You can´t be sure, maybe she will brake a nail. rolleyes.gif