Cheapest Place To Buy Beer?

grisbil3n

As the topic says? Im looking to stock up on a few cases of beer and perhaps a few bottles of spirits. Was at Makro yesterday and wasnt that impressed by the prices, maybe Supercheap is a better bet? Of course it depends on what brands but Chang classic would be fine, i would appreciate some tips anyway.

Phrompan, just along from Phuket Animal Hospital on Chaofa West Road (about 1 km or so going south from the Naka junction on the right hand side.

Cheapest per bottle that I've seen, with further discounts when buying cases. Extensive selection of wines and spirits, again competitively priced.

• Like 1

Phrompan, especially for spirits. I've never found much difference between Makro, Supercheap and Phrompan on the beer prices. Local Supercheaps are often the best bet these days as you may not have to travel, depending upon where you live, though very limited choice.

It's too bad there's such a monopoly on the beer market. Back home you could find certain stores would have certain beers on sale at a considerable discount, and prices could always vary by $1-3 per 6 beers from store to store. Not here, where the factories set the prices so everyone takes a cut as it's distributed, but highly controlled.

are you worried about the tax increase coming soon? there was a news story about it a couple of days ago. i wonder what will happen to bar prices? go up i assume, will we see the end of 50 baht happy hour or will the bars just eat it?

This latest duty rise excludes beer and wine, but that won't stop some bar owners from manipulating their prices of course.

are you worried about the tax increase coming soon? there was a news story about it a couple of days ago. i wonder what will happen to bar prices? go up i assume, will we see the end of 50 baht happy hour or will the bars just eat it?

This latest duty rise excludes beer and wine, but that won't stop some bar owners from manipulating their prices of course.

From the unscrupulous vendors of course. I remember last year, even 6 months after the floods, quite a few places were still blaming the floods for their marked up prices.

Personally i do not buy beer in bulk anymore unless i know people are going to visit, if you have it in the house all the time you are more likely to drink it

I am quite happy to pay the local shop there extra 4 baht about 10 cents a bottle when i want it and its nice and cold

• Like 1

Personally i do not buy beer in bulk anymore unless i know people are going to visit, if you have it in the house all the time you are more likely to drink it

I am quite happy to pay the local shop there extra 4 baht about 10 cents a bottle when i want it and its nice and cold

me too, then i can mingle with the local khee mao population, buying lao khow by the shot and cigarettes by the one

me too, then i can mingle with the local khee mao population, buying lao khow by the shot and cigarettes by the one

I bring the beer home not interested in drinking in front of the local shop or buying cigarettes one at a time

Supercheap is a horrible firetrap, with the /beer/spirits section especially badly-designed if a fire ever broke out there....think about what you would do if a fire broke out next time you are in there

Fortunately, if you drive north along Thepkrasattri there is a store in a double shophouse just south of the new KBank branch that sells beer at the exact same prices as Supercheap...You can park right on the main road and they will even carry your purchase to your car...nice people too

• Like 1

No, I have a friend visiting and I know there is going to be a lot of drinking, might as well stock up hehe.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if Promphan adheres to the retarded regulation banning alcohol sales between 2pm and 5pm?

Yes they do. There is of course the alternative of buying more than 17 litres of alcohol (at least I think that is the quantity) in which case you can buy at anytime, anywhere.

Interesting you mention that as I need to buy 20 bottles of 100 Pipers for my brother-in-law's party...thanks for the tip

Does anyone know if Promphan adheres to the retarded regulation banning alcohol sales between 2pm and 5pm?

Yes they do. There is of course the alternative of buying more than 17 litres of alcohol (at least I think that is the quantity) in which case you can buy at anytime, anywhere.

10 litres is the minimum to satisfy the wholesale rules. ie anytime

Never had a problem there at anytime. But I do stock up and they know me. They have a sign with the regulations up though. They are closed Sundays if I remember correctly.

Never had a problem there at anytime. But I do stock up and they know me. They have a sign with the regulations up though. They are closed Sundays if I remember correctly.

Have to say that I have never had a problem buying booze a Promphan, at any time. And there are many 'bottle' shops selling at similar price as Promphan that sell booze any time. Even been in SuperCheap mini stores and the time rule is not enforced.

Some 7/11 put the amounts to their special notebook along with the money, when purchased beer during the forbidden hours. Then in the morning or after 5pm they push the amounts to the machines.

Some 7/11 put the amounts to their special notebook along with the money, when purchased beer during the forbidden hours. Then in the morning or after 5pm they push the amounts to the machines.

My experience is that 7-Eleven is the only chain of convenience shops to have never sold me outside legal hours...I have never once been denied at a FamilyMart

I was surprised to note today that BigC Market near Rajabhat is the same price for a liter of 100 Pipers as the SuperSuperCheap (my new name for it)...far more comfortable and much friendlier staff too///

My experience is that 7-Eleven is the only chain of convenience shops to have never sold me outside legal hours...I have never once been denied at a FamilyMart

I was surprised to note today that BigC Market near Rajabhat is the same price for a liter of 100 Pipers as the SuperSuperCheap (my new name for it)...far more comfortable and much friendlier staff too///

I've seen people turned away many times at Tesco and 7-11. And they charge more than the local wholesalers, which will sell anytime. Patong Whiskey does a huge business and is stacked to the rafters usually.

I've seen people turned away many times at Tesco and 7-11. And they charge more than the local wholesalers, which will sell anytime. Patong Whiskey does a huge business and is stacked to the rafters usually.

Do they have a branch somewhere outside Patong?

@phuketsub "Do they have a branch somewhere outside Patong?"

Don't think they have have any branches outside Patong, but I know of 3 booze shops on Patak Road stretching from Karon to Kata. At least one in Chalong just past the circle going to Rawai. Must be many in Phuket Town.