Why Does Thai Woman Like To Shy Away From Small Minor Problems ? Instead Of Solving It ?

Holysteel

Dun they realised a problem at hand has to be solved in any means, sooner or later ? No matter how you are trying to avoid the issues. It still have to be solved 1 fine day.

Its seems to me. They will totally shut down. Refusing to address the problem or at least lend a helping hand on problem solving it.

This happened quite often in relationships, whereby the poor farang kept explaining & talking in mild tone what went wrong. And the woman will just shut down, totally refusing to listen or be a part of it.

1 thing i know, is they will NEVER express a hint of an apology even when they are dead wrong. They just totally shut down, maintaining an emotionless face & stare. Practising detachment.

This is really frustrating.

When the time come. They just want to break off. Which is their way of solving things.

It is just like a bicycle. When there is in need of just repairing the minor parts, the bike will be perfect to go. And it is a bike that you are familiar with. But the Thai girls...Insteading of just repairing the 1 part. They tend to throw away the whole bike. And get a new one.

In term of relationship speaking. Instead of solving the 1 issue with her guy. They go for breaking off the guy & start looking for a totally 'brand' new guy.

Thats their way of solving problems.

Edited by bonobo
changed derogatory phrase for women into something acceptable
  • Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with women, after a while you realize this a cultural trait which you can use to your advantage.

Well it might be advantage for guys who like to fool around..changing a new gal each time as he go, he just have to purposely piss if the gal. It is an BIG disadvantage for me who cherish one girl one serious long term relationship.

I need some more advice to counter such emotionless silent behavior.

Maybe put a colt python against her forehead to encourage speaking out, expressing herself ?

Nothing to do with women, after a while you realize this a cultural trait which you can use to your advantage.

Well it might be advantage for guys who like to fool around..changing a new gal each time as he go, he just have to purposely piss if the gal. It is an BIG disadvantage for me who cherish one girl one serious long term relationship.

Maybe put a colt python against her forehead to encourage speaking out, expressing herself ?

Hold on, you want to put a gun against her head to encourage her to speak ? Hmm, even as a joke...

" And the bitchz will just shut down, totally refusing to listen or be a part of it."

Why am I getting the feeling, err Holysteel is it ?, That there may be another side to this ? ermm.gif

• Like 1

Forward thinking, planning for tomorrow is not a cultural trait while saving face is. If you can be effective in a job (a cut above the rest) for example and don't care if your boss gets the fame and glory (incresing THEIR face) then you will do will in Thailand. Don't rock the boat, roll with it.

Others have eluded to it, but here it is. Thais in general do not handle criticism of any kind very well. It goes to their concept of "face". So if your girlfriend interprets your "advice" as being critical or badgering or confrontational, then she shuts down. You have to provide her an incentive to do the things that she needs to do, without appearing dominant.

• Like 1

Others have eluded to it, but here it is. Thais in general do not handle criticism of any kind very well. It goes to their concept of "face". So if your girlfriend interprets your "advice" as being critical or badgering or confrontational, then she shuts down. You have to provide her an incentive to do the things that she needs to do, without appearing dominant.

Very well put and includes an example FOC.

Farang: I agree with what you said the other night babe.

Missus: About what?

Farang: About 'x' (knowing full well they have never spoken about it)

Missus: I don't remember

Farang: We were busy but I agree, we should do 'x'

Missus: OK. Up to you. As she wonderes off to adjust her makup when in fact she's off for a dump having drunk a Fitna after Som Tam for breakfast.

.... Life goes on.

I should say that I couldn't live like that though.

How can people keep posting here with a straight face ?

- Refuse to acknowledge any responsibility for any of their trouble

- Refuse to do anything to adapt to the situation

- Keep whining about it

Man, it's the typical attitude of the sexpat posting in Thaivisa !

• Like 1

Shouldn't you be fixing the gate/leak in kitchen?

Done already last week. Went to the hardware store, bought 2 m of blue pipe, plus the fittings, straight, corners, T and glue. Cut from both end and redo everything. No more leak and it looks better than the original job smile.png

Edited by JurgenG

Shouldn't you be fixing the gate/leak in kitchen?

Done already last week. Went to the hardware store, bought 2 m of blue pipe, plus the fittings, straight, corners, T and glue. Cut from both end and redo everything. No more leak and it looks better than the original job smile.png

And the missus couldn't do that bacause...?

• Like 1

Hold on, you want to put a gun against her head to encourage her to speak ? Hmm, even as a joke...

" And the bitchz will just shut down, totally refusing to listen or be a part of it."

Why am I getting the feeling, err Holysteel is it ?, That there may be another side to this ? ermm.gif

Yeah, i meant it as a joke. Although a bad one honestly. My bad.. Lol..

Well.. Say it all you want for those who think the Thai ladies are on the right wavelenght. I just dun think our cultural & mentality goes together.

I have seen western couples, japanese, koreans, and the Chinese do sit down and talk it out, solving their problems in an amicable setting.

For the Thais. NO. Usually one party will walk away. Pretending nothing has happened and sleep on it. Tomorrow is another brand new day. Until the same issue erupted and they do the whole runner thingy again. Rise & repeat.

From personal experience, it is all about how you approach the problem. In the OP you state:

"This happened quite often in relationships, whereby the poor farang kept explaining & talking in mild tone what went wrong. And the bitchz will just shut down, totally refusing to listen or be a part of it".

Is it explaining or dictating? Is it (unintentionally perhaps) a one sided point of view that you are putting across? Have you asked what she thinks? In other words, have you discussed it or are you adamant that you are correct in what you think because you ar a 'falang'? If you haven't discussed it then rightly so, she will be p1ssed off and shutdown.

The above is not to discredit you, it is just something to think about. Interaction is the key word. If you find this doesn't exist, then she likely isn't the right girl for you anyway.

The above is not Thai specific either................thumbsup.gif

Wife cook, husband fix stuff. Everytime we tried to exchange role it ended up in total disaster.

You do know that both sexes are exactly the same other than average physical size?

You were obviously sleeping during your anatomy courses, weren't you ?

Wife cook, husband fix stuff. Everytime we tried to exchange role it ended up in total disaster.

You do know that both sexes are exactly the same other than average physical size?

Did you lose your virginity to a ladyboy and live happily ever after?

If so, there is another thread where your knowledge may be valuable.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

You were obviously sleeping during your anatomy courses, weren't you ?

Yep. Physiology and psychology I didn't miss. Done chemistry rather than alchemy too. Strange world.

OK Holysteel, could you give us an example of when your GF/wife had one of these shutdown periods and what caused it?

As Chrisinth says, you need to be able to discuss it, and sometimes you can manipulate the discussion so that the other person feels as though the solution was their idea.

I know it requires more effort on your part.

.......but.....Happy wife....Happy Life.

Cheers.