Thailand'S Inflation Rate

Naam continues to portray himself as the Sheriff of Thai Visa. He has an alter ego unsurpassed on TV or Thaivisa. His profile says nothing of who he really is, or where he is from. (Seattle USA perhaps.)

His attitude to other persons posting valuable information is to attack in order to build his own self-confidence. Because he has none in real life.

The avatar his displays is evidence of a person seeking supreme dominance. Perhaps that why he lives in Thailand so he can be the domineering partner in his gay relationships and feel even more in control. Naam also displays the character of being above everyone else. This can be equated to what is commonly known as small man syndrome. His choice of transport to drive/ride would be that large he needs a step ladder to get in and foot blocks on the peddles. Possibly smokes a big fat cigar, similar to boss hogs.

In summing up, Naam suffers from small man syndrome and should either be laughed at or totally ignored.

GET A REAL LIFE .

Or better still post some live trades. LOL

Some numbers and history below, 2.5 to 4.25 over last two years (so they say!):

http://www.tradingec...d/inflation-cpi

But inflation is different things to different people, the above rate probably applies to rural Thai's whereas inflation for farangs is likely to be in excess of 10 per cent, based on location and lifestyle.

If this is true then it is rather alarming, I mean, 10% is very high especially in light of rather low rates in most of the developed world.

10% applies to certain items only. a bunch of other items are the same or have become less expensive. i also fail to see why inflation for Farangs should be higher than those of rural Thais.

I am not in any position to comment with authority on the issues of dual inflation statistics (Farang vs. Thai) and fairness aside I would submit that it exists primarily because one party negotiates poorly. I repeat, I am no authority.

Naam continues to portray himself as the Sheriff of Thai Visa. He has an alter ego unsurpassed on TV or Thaivisa. His profile says nothing of who he really is, or where he is from. (Seattle USA perhaps.)

His attitude to other persons posting valuable information is to attack in order to build his own self-confidence. Because he has none in real life.

The avatar his displays is evidence of a person seeking supreme dominance. Perhaps that why he lives in Thailand so he can be the domineering partner in his gay relationships and feel even more in control. Naam also displays the character of being above everyone else. This can be equated to what is commonly known as small man syndrome. His choice of transport to drive/ride would be that large he needs a step ladder to get in and foot blocks on the peddles. Possibly smokes a big fat cigar, similar to boss hogs.

In summing up, Naam suffers from small man syndrome and should either be laughed at or totally ignored.

GET A REAL LIFE .

Or better still post some live trades. LOL

Nor is Naam . keep away from him.

I am not in any position to comment with authority on the issues of dual inflation statistics (Farang vs. Thai) and fairness aside I would submit that it exists primarily because one party negotiates poorly. I repeat, I am no authority.

Chiang Mai's statement that inflation is a different thing to different people is correct. if the price of a 72" flatscreen TV falls by 25% or the price of a Mercedes 350CLS goes up by one million Baht it does not concern a rural Thai. but if basic food stuff increases by 25% it concerns the low income Thai as well as the Farang who lives on a tight budget (e.g. a daytrader who buys his noodle soup with pips) but it's a non-event for a Thai or a Farang who spends <5% of his income on food.

Whenever I see a discussion on some board or other about inflation, it always shows the same bias. Because people make many food spending choices in a month they focus on food costs as evidence of inflation. However, for foreigners here like us, food costs are a small part of the total budget, actually about 5.5% No one every mentions rents. We just got a renewal offer from the landlord for the coming year with zero increase. Rent is a much bigger slice of our budget than food, about 30% in fact. And I have heard both Thais and foreigners reports that landlords usually don't raise rents here. One Thai friend has had the same rent for 10 years.

So, I think people's ability to judge their own inflation rate is nil and discussions based on it are a waste of time.

• Like 1

Whenever I see a discussion on some board or other about inflation, it always shows the same bias. Because people make many food spending choices in a month they focus on food costs as evidence of inflation. However, for foreigners here like us, food costs are a small part of the total budget, actually about 5.5% No one every mentions rents. We just got a renewal offer from the landlord for the coming year with zero increase. Rent is a much bigger slice of our budget than food, about 30% in fact. And I have heard both Thais and foreigners reports that landlords usually don't raise rents here. One Thai friend has had the same rent for 10 years.

So, I think people's ability to judge their own inflation rate is nil and discussions based on it are a waste of time.

all said, nothing to add! thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

that's what i said with my limited knowledge of the foreign language English. now i'm waiting for you to mention another cause even though you just claimed it was "lower interest and cheaper money"

what part of "easy money is used to speculate with food stuff..." is it you don't understand? crazy.gif

Ok, for the third and final time, I think the cause of inflation here is higher production and labour costs, as stated in my prior two posts! You are the one who claims the cause is speculation which I don't see as being a primary cause, merely an effect.

'Speculation' is often used purely as a pejorative term and of course never refers to the poster's own shareholdings sales and purchases. The other thing is that speculation is assumed to always equal rising prices but actually traders are just as likely to sell into a market as they are to buy. The other thing is whether one is able to distinguish who's who. Airline companies hedging or a market trader? One wouldn't expect someone normally with a reasonable grasp of economics to witter on about 'finance' as a negative, but hey-ho.

The PM told us a few weeks ago that prices had not gone up too much, street noodles were the same as last year, staples were the same or less, etc

Not sure how she will account for the smaller bowl that noodles are served in, the tax increases which have gone into effect and those proposed, and a few other little hicups. She does seem to have a new reply, "I am not aware of that, who/what are you referring to?".

Guess she is covered up in local as well as international travel plans, photo ops, etc.

The PM says what is written by her brother. What happens at the grocery store or market is not her concern and she has no clue.

Certainly the cost of living has gone up every year, roughly doubling (in my view) since I first came here around the turn of the millenium. Interestingly, farang teachers salaries haven't changed - still about 30,000. The lifestyle this buys nowadays is quite frankly grim, but perhaps the frightful level of unemployment in the West has allowed them more desperate applicants despite the pay cut in real terms.