Forbes Ranks Yingluck 30Th Among Worlds 100 Most Powerful Women In 2012

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever met her and spoke to her in person. No, so I must assume everyone just loves to hate her.

Why do you assume that?

Without her brother who put her into the spot would she still be in 30th position?

I strongly suspect she wouldn't make the top 1,000 worldwide.

Without her brother, most Thais would most likely not know her.

Exactly. Look how far the country was into the campaign last year before most even learned that she was married or had a kid. Very little information had ever been written about her beforehand.

Also without her brother, most of her made-up work positions in his companies would not have existed and she would not have had such a ginned up CV.

Edited by Buchholz

To part quote a couple of references re the qualities taken into account when making the list from courteousy of the U.K. Daily Mail.

Ref url :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192129/Forbes-Most-Powerful-Women-List-Queen-20-places-Kate-Middleton-doesnt-make-100.html?ito=email-homenewsletter-20120823

" The women on the list were ranked according to influence, the amount of money they control or earn, and media presence."

" Moira Forbes, president and publisher of ForbesWoman, said: 'These power women exert influence in very different ways and to very different ends, and all with very different impacts on the global community."

Seems to me she is hardly an individual candidate for the list.

Perhaps it should be considered for the men with most influenc as the person personally responsible for them is a male aka Thaksin of whom she is his clone and doer of his but as with her qualities....ditto

It is also noticable that among those highlighted for additional information re their qualities and status ect. ect. within the article she doesn,t get a mention. hmmmm

Just exactly what global influence does she / he exert influence and impact the global community ?

The to very different ends part is spot on along with very different impacts but can only refer to Thailand of course but in a negative way and most certainly not global.

marshbags w00t.gif

1)

And the Richest women int he world is not on the list, who with BHP & Rio Control the Iron Ore supply with large media interest and is a control freak (and < swear word> I shall refrain)!!!

" The women on the list were ranked according to influence, the amount of money they control or earn, and media presence."

Has anyone ever met her and spoke to her in person. No, so I must assume everyone just loves to hate her.

What a ridiculous thing to say. If someone says they dislike Mugabe, do you accuse them of loving to hate him because they have never met or spoken to him?

• Like 2

What a ridiculous thing to say. If someone says they dislike Mugabe, do you accuse them of loving to hate him because they have never met or spoken to him?

Get real! She's not Mugabe. I wish her luck.

What a load of cynics you guys are. Yingluck is an honest noble polite individual that insults no one. Further Yingluck has poise remarkably good dress sense presents herself with good humor and respect for her nation and peers and home and abroad. She has the respect and attention of leaders across the Americas and Europe. The reality is that she leads with dignity and respect which is very refreshing in Thai politics. If anyone here in Thailand can lead the people to the reconcilation of the Nation She is the one.

• Like 1

What a load of cynics you guys are. Yingluck is an honest noble polite individual that insults no one. Further Yingluck has poise remarkably good dress sense presents herself with good humor and respect for her nation and peers and home and abroad. She has the respect and attention of leaders across the Americas and Europe. The reality is that she leads with dignity and respect which is very refreshing in Thai politics. If anyone here in Thailand can lead the people to the reconcilation of the Nation She is the one.

blink.png You seems to know her?

Why do you guys hate Yingluck so much? She has not done anything.

• Like 2

Why do you guys hate Yingluck so much? She has not done anything.

Exactly.

Forbes is part of the group of rich banker, Industry tycoons and political heavyweights who rules the world.

It is as significant as if I rank myself as the most handsome man ever born....

I thought I was..

Did you notice, Lady Gaga is #14..

Don't you just know that being beat out by Lady Gaga would really piss you off. laugh.png

• Like 1

The people who come up with these lists, best place to retire, best school to attend, best city to live in, and most powerful woman, just do not have a clue about Thailand and who is really in charge.

Who's that then and when will it change???

Why do you assume that?

Without her brother who put her into the spot would she still be in 30th position?

I strongly suspect she wouldn't make the top 1,000 worldwide.

Without her brother, most Thais would most likely not know her.

Exactly. Look how far the country was into the campaign last year before most even learned that she was married or had a kid. Very little information had ever been written about her beforehand.

Also without her brother, most of her made-up work positions in his companies would not have existed and she would not have had such a ginned up CV.

But the country is a little more stable than it was 18 months ago, is it not ??

( no serious answer expected )

I also noticed she beat out J.K. Rowling and I would bet more people know of Harry Potter than they do of the Prime Minister of Thailand.

Not sure if Harry has brought more entertainment to the table or not. But hey.. clap2.gif

Edited by metisdead
: Please don't post using bold fonts. Bold removed.

...and she knows all about pinto lunch boxes...

But, is she powerful? No, not in her own right.

That's got more to do with who was causing the instability, than who is (figurehead) PM.

Who came first in the Womens marathon in the olympics...yep got that, who came second....don't know, who came 30th....haven't got a bloody clue. Same same, either get in at the top or dont even think for a moment others will remember you. It must irk Yingluck somewhat that Aung San Suu Kyi came in at number 19 and Lady Ga Ga at 14.

• Like 1

Yeah, she's got power. Told where to go to school, where to work, what job to do, when to become number one on the PTP list, what policies to use, who to pick in her cabinet... All the power of a glove puppet. A true role model to independent women everywhere.

You have proof?

That's got more to do with who was causing the instability, than who is (figurehead) PM.

Suthep?

• Like 1

You have proof?

You have proof?

I believe there is plenty of evidence that she's a puppet and she has no real power.

Who came first in the Womens marathon in the olympics...yep got that, who came second....don't know, who came 30th....haven't got a bloody clue. Same same, either get in at the top or dont even think for a moment others will remember you. It must irk Yingluck somewhat that Aung San Suu Kyi came in at number 19 and Lady Ga Ga at 14.

You are all talking through your backsides, please shove a battery up your Ass""es and get a life

Which bit exactly is talking through my back side? Why would sticking a battery somewhere do anything, in particular getting me a life? Are you always so rude? Have you been drinking perhaps, happy hour just finished?

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

I met her in LA in the early 90s when she was visiting a Thai friend who was dating a friend of mine. The four of us went out to dinner together. My main impression at the time was that she was a typical empy-headed hi-so Thai girl. I could tell she came from money but I suppose at the time her dad wasn't super rich yet, as Chalerm, then Minister to the Prime Minister Office in charge of Thai media had only granted a monopoly to Thaksin's IBC cable TV in 1989. She was friendly though. Thaksin was relatively little known at the time, outside the business world, so her surname meant nothing to me, but she mentioned she was from Chiang Mai, where I was living at the time and I put two and two together after her father came into the govt in the late 90s.