Local Government School Are Looking For Teachers

MassivePuffin

A local government school are currently looking for English teachers to teach conversation, as well as English, Maths and Sciece EP (English Program) Teachers.

Qualifications and skills required:

Native English speaker (from UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, USA etc)

Bachelor’s degree or higher

TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate

Age 21 – 45 years old

Should be flexible and have good interpersonal and computer skills

Teaching experience preferred

Job description:

Maximum of 18 hors per week Monday to Friday

Teach English to Thai high school students (M1-M3)

Develop curriculum and lesson plans

Prepare tests and exam papers

Assess students and provide reports on both grades and behaviour

Participate in school activities such as parents’ meetings, field trips and ceremonies

Benefits:

25,000 Baht starting salary

Annual pay rise of 1,000

Paid holidays

Work permit and Non Immigrant B visa provided

Please PM for more information.

Chiang Mai is frequently (and mistakingly) a top choice for recent TEFL "Graduates". That has kept wages painfully low here. Filipinos will do it for 12K. I think you would probably be a lot more appreciated in Udon Thani or Khon Kaen, where it would take them longer than an hour to find a replacemnet for you. Math(s) Teachers should make more, and they probably know that, but are restricted by Government pay scales. Something tells me that 8-4 is probably 7:30 to 4, as they would want everyone lined up for the morning Anthem. Wouldn't candidates also need a teacher's license and completion of the well known "Thai Culture Course", at their expense, of course.

Chiang Mai is frequently (and mistakingly) a top choice for recent TEFL "Graduates". That has kept wages painfully low here. Filipinos will do it for 12K. I think you would probably be a lot more appreciated in Udon Thani or Khon Kaen, where it would take them longer than an hour to find a replacemnet for you. Math(s) Teachers should make more, and they probably know that, but are restricted by Government pay scales. Something tells me that 8-4 is probably 7:30 to 4, as they would want everyone lined up for the morning Anthem. Wouldn't candidates also need a teacher's license and completion of the well known "Thai Culture Course", at their expense, of course.

Thanks, although we are looking for applications not opinions. smile.png

• Like 1

Thanks, although we are looking for applications not opinions. smile.png

Then perhaps the classifieds jobs section would be a more appropriate placement for your ad?

Edited by Thailand