6 Nations Rugby

sadman

When is the Calcutta Cup anway?

Sorry for the delay. The Calcutta Cup is on 25th Feb, and I think it could be a classic, provided that injuries don't cause a problem. Our forwards will have to be on their game, especially as Jason White has found his form again and is playing like a man possessed. And England will have their work cut out containing Sean Lamont, a truly class act.

How about tomorrow's games, then?

Well, since I usually expect Scotland to get a humping nowadays, then anything else is OK.

What a shame Ireland couldnt recover from the first half, excellent display in the second half though.

Didnt watch the England game but according to the BBC England struggled against Italy - hehe.... :o i stick with my original prediction

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope Scotland paste Wales this afternoon. :o As for the England game, well i dont think they played that badly, its just that Italy seem to be a much better team than thay have been in previous years, and at the end of the day we still beat them 31-16. :D

Lets hope Scotland paste Wales this afternoon. :o As for the England game, well i dont think they played that badly, its just that Italy seem to be a much better team than thay have been in previous years, and at the end of the day we still beat them 31-16. :D

England clearly had the skills on Italy, but they were out muscled in the forwards.

England clearly had the skills on Italy, but they were out muscled in the forwards.

Indeed mate.

Shame about Scotland losing to Wales today, the upside is England are now the only team to have won both of their matches. :D

On the evidence of the first two rounds, England look like they should rinse this competition. But i'm sure France v England will make for a good game. It's always one to look forward to, an opportunity to get one over on them on their home patch :o. Obviously, i fancy us to deal with the sweatys with consumate ease in the interim.

Lets hope Scotland paste Wales this afternoon. :o

Well that was never going to happen was it! :D

But for a lapse by Scott Murray it would have been an easy win over the Taffs

Well in my opinion it is still pretty much an open competition - makes for entertaining games compared to last year.

ok guys wales will not win this year now that we have lost our coach!

:o awww here come the excuses from the sheep worriers. :D

Haha!! no excuses its fact!! we were all lined up to come back and win the tournament AGAIN this year but the english RFU must have paid our coach off or something mysterious like that............ :D

Been away for a few days, so I missed the Scotland vs Wales game. I don't know what it was like or the rights and wrongs of the sending off, but the rsult leaves it wide open. I think Scotland could really struggle against England in the line out and the loose as Scott Murray has been banned for 3 weeks.

Italy were always going to be hard, but they never looked like winning. They are developing into a very good side, and bear in mind that they are in the top 10 in the world. They are no mugs. Ireland and France really was a game of 2 halves, as my soccer-fan friends would say. France showed what they can do, then went to sleep. Ireland then decided it was their turn.

I still think that Italy could win twice, against Wales and Scotland. And I stand by my original prediction.

Haha!! no excuses its fact!! we were all lined up to come back and win the tournament AGAIN this year but the english RFU must have paid our coach off or something mysterious like that............ :D

Lets get one thing clear ole mate; the only reason the taffs won last year, or, more to the point, England lost, was that the English were still in post-winning-world-cup disarray mode and the team was in a mess :D :D

Results this weekend -

France - 30ish / Italy - 20ish

England - 50 / Scotland - 6

Ireland - 40 / Wales 26

Results this weekend -

Ireland - 40 / Wales 26

France - 25/Italy - 20

England - 30/Scotland - 15

Ireland - 20/Wales - 27

I think Scotland will struggle but they always raise their game against England.

Italy should have the beating of France up front, but will get cut to pieces in the backs.

Wales are still smarting and Ireland still don't know where they are.

Results this weekend -

Ireland - 40 / Wales 26

France - 25/Italy - 20

Ireland - 20/Wales - 27

I think Scotland will struggle but they always raise their game against England.

Italy should have the beating of France up front, but will get cut to pieces in the backs.

I'm picking that the jocks will step up and give you a right rogering.

taffs will just pip the micks and the froggies to wip the wops. :o

Results this weekend -

Ireland - 40 / Wales 26

France - 25/Italy - 20

Ireland - 20/Wales - 27

I think Scotland will be fired up enough to redress the balance of an unfortunate loss. The second rows are not 'second string' so Scotland 'Wha' Hae' by a fraction over the Auld enema at home. Scotland 20-16

France will not want a loss against another supposed 'no-hoper' and will try to pull all the stops out in the backs but I think the Italian forwards will have the beating of them enough to bring the match to a close finish of... 16-26 Italy

Wales can't find their 'bus' and lost their captain... Ireland 30 -15

Whatever happens we'll have to avoid the news, as UBC always show them the next day - if we're lucky. So no posts from anyone outside LOS before we've watched them!!

I seem to recognise this terminology...... you're not Bill McLaren, are you?

But as for the sweaties - not a chance, IMHO. At this level, passion is not enough. And I disagree with another poster in that I'm afraid the Scots 2nd row is second-rate without Scott Murray.

But I do think it'll be one heck of a game. Injuries all over the place.

But as for the sweaties - not a chance, IMHO. At this level, passion is not enough. And I disagree with another poster in that I'm afraid the Scots 2nd row is second-rate without Scott Murray.

You probably right.As a neutral, all I can hope for is a bit of biff to make it really interesting! :D

'I'M A HO' - well if you are keep it to yoursel'. Back to the important things 'passion is all' and the 'nachs' d'ny have it.

I'll post you a Chang if I'm wrong.

'I'M A HO' - well if you are keep it to yoursel'. Back to the important things 'passion is all' and the 'nachs' d'ny have it.

I'll post you a Chang if I'm wrong.

We'll see. And if I'm wrong, I'll send you a tear-stained Chang.

dammit now we have lost our coach and captain - how bad can it get!!

That is indeed a massive blow. Gareth Thomas is just awesome. However, I still think Wales can pull it off, provided their back row defend like demons (because their centres won't). If the Welsh back row can defend against their opposite numbers AND O'Driscoll and D'Arcy (I assume they're playing - I haven't seen the line-up) then they could well be ok. If not, they will be cut to pieces through the centre, with Shane Horgan coming in off his wing to help and the wonderful Geordan Murphy hitting the line at speed.

Should be a good game. I don't expect any change to the Welsh tactics, with Scott Johnston just carrying on what Mike Ruddock has been doing.

That is indeed a massive blow. Gareth Thomas is just awesome. However, I still think Wales can pull it off, provided their back row defend like demons (because their centres won't). If the Welsh back row can defend against their opposite numbers AND O'Driscoll and D'Arcy (I assume they're playing - I haven't seen the line-up) then they could well be ok. If not, they will be cut to pieces through the centre, with Shane Horgan coming in off his wing to help and the wonderful Geordan Murphy hitting the line at speed.

Should be a good game. I don't expect any change to the Welsh tactics, with Scott Johnston just carrying on what Mike Ruddock has been doing.

Hope is not lost yet - i would have a wager on wales if we had bookies in BKK!

Me too. I've just seen the line-ups and I fancy Wales have the upper hand in the forwards, particularly in the tight 5. I can see them bringing on Henson fairly early on, as well. I think the load is fairly and squarely on Michael Owen to lead and play the game of his life. If the Wales forwards can slow the game down and starve the outstanding Irish backs of ball, they can win this.

England vs Scotland will be a war of attrition and the record for using blood replacements may well be broken!

Me too. I've just seen the line-ups and I fancy Wales have the upper hand in the forwards, particularly in the tight 5. I can see them bringing on Henson fairly early on, as well. I think the load is fairly and squarely on Michael Owen to lead and play the game of his life. If the Wales forwards can slow the game down and starve the outstanding Irish backs of ball, they can win this.

England vs Scotland will be a war of attrition and the record for using blood replacements may well be broken!

Oh dear god please let scotland win!! :o

Results this weekend -

Ireland - 40 / Wales 26

France - 25/Italy - 20

Ireland - 20/Wales - 27

taffs will just pip the micks and the froggies to wip the wops. :D

:D:D Chang's going down well then mate? :D

Oh dear god please let scotland win!! :D

That's the only chance they'll have... a bit of divine intervention :o

Results this weekend -

Ireland - 40 / Wales 26

France - 25/Italy - 20

Ireland - 20/Wales - 27

taffs will just pip the micks and the froggies to wip the wops. :D

:o:D Chang's going down well then mate? :D

Haven't been on the piss since I last saw you.... :D

:D awww here come the excuses from the sheep worriers. :D

dammit now we have lost our coach and captain - how bad can it get!! i am going to support England from now on :D

And i thought just being Welsh was bad enough :o:D

COME ON ENGLAND :D