My Top 10 Reasons For Living In Pattaya

Gone

Sailing: don;t forget the Sailing . . . . . .

I've been here and have been sailing here for about 20 years now and I can tell you that THIS never bores . . . the sea is ever-changing and the short-distance destinations are more than plenty !

The sailing here is magnificent !

thumbsup.gif

That is a VERY good point and you are correct. Nothing beats sailing around to the local islands, cooler of beer, a few acoustic guitars and dark shades. thumbsup.gif

How to get into this please?

I have only done it with a couple of friends who own boats but as far as "getting into it" goes I'm not to sure. Maybe others will help with this. I know there is sailing clubs along the beach in NaJomtien though.

As a good as it all looks and sounds. Realistically the living in pattaya is "groundhog day". Everyday is the same.

Let's be honest with our selves, how often do we actually go to the crocodile farm, go karting, Nong nooch, floating market etc etc.

I've been here 6 months so far another 2 months to go (been doing this for 5 years now). With so "much" to do, I find myself in central festival easily 5 out of 7 days a week, for food, chilling on the beach side restaurants etc etc! I go to the beach, the gym, take my family out etc....

TBH I'm rather bored, don't get me wrong I love the weather and the lifestyle (sorry if you see that comment as a contradiction)!

But it's come to me, pattaya is a holiday place in 3 weeks, you want to cram in all the attractions. In 8 months, 2 years or the rest of your life, this place for me has become extremely boring!

I see the same people doing the same things everyday, where is the enjoyment!

I concur. I have been visiting since 2004. One year I did two separate trips there of 45 and 53 days. Loved lounging around. loved having some time off. Definitely was getting a bit bored. But, that is better than having to go to work and being bored and dealing with nitwit managers. I think the necktie cuts off all the blood to their brains. I took some side trips up to Bangkok. Sukhothai. Still tons of places to see around the country. I am pretty sure I don't want to spend the entire year there for the rest of my life. Retirement is really close and could start in December. But I probably will just keep working/contracting 1/2 the year or so and taking 90 day vacations. Of course having said that, I am dying to get over to Thailand right now! Still might book a short 2 week trip starthing this weekend. EVA has good flights from LAX to BKK. 1650 for Premier Elite seats if I use a few miles.

Girls ( repeat 9 times )

What other reason would there be for a straight guy ( it sure ain't the beach or the temples )?

Maybe read my top 10 reasons and other people who have given decent reasons then try again with your post

Are there any good churches in Pattaya?

This would be a major attraction for living there. sick.gif

There are a few churches around. Don't know what you mean by a "good" church? Or maybe you want to say what religion you are looking for and I can tell you where the church is. I don't use them myself.

Boredom can be an issue anywhere if you have nothing to do. You have to have enough interests to keep you busy no matter where you are. Going from the hectic pace we live in the west to being kicked-back with nothing to do takes a bit of adjustment.

As far as the OP, I can't believe no one mentioned massages. They are cheap as chips in Thailand and I have one 4 or 5 times a week.

1] I'm lazy to move to Sihanookville

2] I'm reluctant to sell my big bike before i move to Sihanookville, and would also have use of it there, unlike here in traffic jam, but can only bring it there for duration of 1 month AFAIK

3] My gf still can't carry her own weight yet, so i'm stuck on a support mission

4] I like thai food

Edited by poanoi

Girls ( repeat 9 times )

What other reason would there be for a straight guy ( it sure ain't the beach or the temples )?

Maybe read my top 10 reasons and other people who have given decent reasons then try again with your post

Hello, may I call you Pium Nobilis? I would like to point out that he also did not mention generica erectionem pillulas.

Quid es vestri ventus generics?

Don't have a clue what you are talking about but if it makes you happy.........float that boat

For all its woes, Pattaya is a fantastic place. Probably has the best transport system in Thailand, songteaws.

Yes. Pattaya is a fantastic place, but they need to get rid of Friendship Supermarket, they have raised the price of their small steak pies from 48 Baht to 80 Baht. Nothing can justify such greed.

For all its woes, Pattaya is a fantastic place. Probably has the best transport system in Thailand, songteaws.

Yes. Pattaya is a fantastic place, but they need to get rid of Friendship Supermarket, they have raised the price of their small steak pies from 48 Baht to 80 Baht. Nothing can justify such greed.

OMG !!!!!!!! I am out of here unless they close Friendship !!!!!!!

Hi Gone, this is only my way of letting people know about Friendship. Don't you think such a big increase in the price of the steak pies is a bit off?

1. Supermarkets that: "thank you for coming"
  2. The weather
  3. Drinking Guinness in an air conditioned pub then going out to walk in tropical weather by the sea.
  4. Being given a real bank book with my bank account and getting it updated in an ATM machine.
  5. Having the book shop cover my book covers in plastic film.
  6. Buying furniture made from real wood.
  7. Walking around in shorts and sleeveless shirts and not needing scarves,anoraks and coats.
  8. Eating out all the time without worrying about the cost.
  9. Having Thai tradesman carry out my every wish to a good standard for a fair price.
  10. Is there something obvious that I might have missed?

1. Supermarkets that: "thank you for coming"
  2. The weather
  3. Drinking Guinness in an air conditioned pub then going out to walk in tropical weather by the sea.
  4. Being given a real bank book with my bank account and getting it updated in an ATM machine.
  5. Having the book shop cover my book covers in plastic film.
  6. Buying furniture made from real wood.
  7. Walking around in shorts and sleeveless shirts and not needing scarves,anoraks and coats.
  8. Eating out all the time without worrying about the cost.
  9. Having Thai tradesman carry out my every wish to a good standard for a fair price.
  10. Is there something obvious that I might have missed?

I like #8. I like to eat out and I like to eat well. If I ate out like this back home I'd be totally broke.

Hi Gone, this is only my way of letting people know about Friendship. Don't you think such a big increase in the price of the steak pies is a bit off?

To be honest I have never seen these pies for 48 baht. I have ALWAYS seen them for 80 baht so maybe Friendship is just being like the other stores and not wanting to give them away. It is strange that you saw them for 48 baht because I know where they get them wholesale and even the stores can't buy them that cheap.

However it is still no reason to destroy a store or close them down etc. for raising the pries of meat pies hahahhaha.

Little dramatic are we?

You might have missed one that I also missed:

11) Being able to buy beer and spirits from 7-11. In Canada this is not possible.

You should add " at specified times"

Why would I add that? The point is you can buy it from 7-11. It doesn't matter what time, it's the convenience of it. If you can't live with not being able to buy alcohol from 7-11 during the hours when the school kids are getting out then all I can say is......bad planning