Steaks

muchogra

post-137105-0-43777500-1346147120_thumb.

There's this Sinthorn Steak House (owned by Muslims) near my Bangkok home. They also have an outlet in the establishment selling beef parts - shank, steaks (rib eye, sirloin, T-bone), stew, marinated beef for stir fried, burgers, and ground beef. I had tried.their beef before when the packaging was not done as well as now. See the picture for the new packaging. They were good before and now bette for the price.

Each rib eye piece weighs 0.268 kg for B64.25 which comes out to be around B240/kg. The ground beef is B90 per half kilo. They are quite cheap and very good. What you see in the picture have almost been consumed completely 2 days ago. I was the cook! What's left in the fridge are some stew and shank. For the shank, I cut into small slices and dab with some sesame oil and chopped green onion when I drink, like now, drinking brandy.

Sinthorn has outlets in other provinces recently like in CM, Korla, and Ubon. I forgot the name of the store in CM but is near CMU - I was told. I believe they have a website and people interested may call them up. Next time I visit the store here in Bangkok I will jot down the store name and report it accordingly...sorry for not able to do it this time.

Very curious to know where their place is. I'm thinking it will most likely be around the Night Bazaar/ Charoenprathet area. Ther'es at least one other Halaal butcher there that I know people visit to get their fix on goat as well. Haven't dropped by in years though.

If it's Halaal beef, then it hasn't been aged. Isn't it a bit tough? Flavor might be great, but like a Kosher butcher's beef, you need to borrow an extra set of teeth to chew it!

No, it's not tough at all, quite unlike what you buy at the supermarkets and at the fresh markets. That's why I said it's good for the price. Of course, it's not as good as you may get in the US.

If it's Halaal beef, then it hasn't been aged. Isn't it a bit tough? Flavor might be great, but like a Kosher butcher's beef, you need to borrow an extra set of teeth to chew it!

No, it's not tough at all, quite unlike what you buy at the supermarkets and at the fresh markets. That's why I said it's good for the price. Of course, it's not as good as you may get in the US.

sounds good. 240baht/kg for a decent rib eye is very very cheap

• Like 1