City Cracks Down On Jet Ski Operators

Rimmer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if everyone stopped renting for a month the problem would be fixed ...i never rent the bastards even if my grandkids on hols ask i say NOOOOOOO .and when they pout i say ice cream time ....i have seen some shocking ripoffs done on tourists ,,,,the cops mia

It will never happen, the POLICE are the Scam Operators. The Jet Ski Operators are just doing what they are told. And I wonder who the police are paying for the priviledge of operating the SCAM

One of the recent "here in Thailand" jokes that I heard:

"Why are the prisoners in Thai prisons not issued uniforms? Answer: The biggest group of criminals in Thailand are already in uniforms. Brown uniforms with shiny badges!"

Does anybody know how many tourists are scammed on jet skis each week/month/year? Please, no speculative replies.

I've always been curious as to how big it really is.

Thanks, to anyone who enlightens me on this issue.

There is an English guy on another well known Pattaya forum who has a whole photo dossier diary going back years on these guys and even knows down to a 't' what is going down...nearly always Arabs,Indians and Russians who get caught..Surprisingly he has highlighted a turban wearing Sikh Indian as also in on the scam...It'll be all same same come the high season around xmas and everything will be forgotten!coffee1.gif

he sounds familiar.

it's all smoke and mirrors, same as they clamp down on fake products till the nike guy is on his way back to the airport and things return to normal.

they got round the insurance thing in phuket by demanding loss of profit (which wasn't covered )from the customer.....ie it will take 5 days to fix and it would have been rented out to the max every day so you owe a shed full of money still

Edit was necessary as I didn't take the time to read the entire article until after posting. My bad.

No matter though, point is, they can talk up a storm but w/o results it's just more waste of time, money and ink.

Edited by Dap

Sting operations using foreign volunteers, undercover police and surveillance to ensure successful prosecutions of the known Jet Ski scammers. Edit: Using External Police and not local Pattaya police.

Not a cat in hells chance.

Agreed. Thai authorities are unable to do sting operation, particularly using farang agents. There are several reasons for this, but probably the #1 reason: it's just too difficult for a Thai authority to keep a secret. #2 reason: they're bad actors.

Sting operations using foreign volunteers, undercover police and surveillance to ensure successful prosecutions of the known Jet Ski scammers. Edit: Using External Police and not local Pattaya police.

Not a cat in hells chance.

Agreed. Thai authorities are unable to do sting operation, particularly using farang agents. There are several reasons for this, but probably the #1 reason: it's just too difficult for a Thai authority to keep a secret. #2 reason: they're bad actors.

Rubbish, happens a lot - search this forum and you will see how the police use "farang" agents in cases of underage sex for sale, drug stings etc. around the centre of town, but just read the opening post on each one as the armchair conspiracy theorists seem to come out in force as to why the "farangs" are helping the police!

I walk the promenade daily . Its always Arabs or Indians that are renting and with difficulty with English. leaves them vulnerable.

But I don't like hypocritical Arabs in Pattaya any way so I don't care. You can never make laws to protect the stupid anyway.

If you take out a ski with damage on it without mentioning it or taking a photo well I dont think any law can help you.

What I do believe is many will damage a ski and try to claim ignorance of it and then say they dont speak English.

Laws laws more bloody laws.

blink.png

Yea just like the Thais don't care that farangs get ripped off.. but that is something people care about.. kinda hypocritical.

Just do like Krabi - ban jet-skis - period

totally agree

there is no place for them

the Pattaya and Jomtien bays are so polluted from run off after rain that if the water was ever tested it would be off the scale for pollutants

So why add the extra pollution from jet ski - plus the bloody noise

Also how many times have i seen the owners and uses of these water toys - drunk!!!

get rid of them

The Tourists are like a carpet of black ants crawling over a nest of army ants.

Let me guess; you don't work for TAT.

Interesting, there's an ad on this page (for Laguna, trying to get tourists to go to Phuket). What are the group of tourists looking down at with such glee? Is is one of their Indian friends who just got punched in the nose for not quickly paying an extortion fee of 30,000 baht to a jet ski mob member.

Am I right when I say that the targets on the beach now are mostly indians/Russians? IF I'm right by saying that it means that Europeans/Aussies/Americans have information about what's going on...Have friends that walk the beach often they are not being harassed (I'm from Europe). I'm very surprised that their travel companies don't give their customers proper information. i think that's the only way to go.

I think I understand what You mean maidu :) What i meant to say was that they have to tell the agencies back home about the problems

on the beach, so they can pass the word to new travelers. Well, it's just a suggestion...

yes yes we heard it all before 5 years ago, 3 years ago and again last year,

Its just the anual (we will fix it) speech - looking for voters?

Pattaya - Dont bother saying anything until its fixed.

Stricter rules in Thailand dont work because Law enforces can be bribed

solution = BAN ALL JET SKIS PERIOD!