Thaivisa Home Page!

Pib

At about 8:30pm when going to the TV Home page on my computer running Win7 & IE9 the page looks like below. Forum pages are OK. I'm on a True 20Mb plan. All other sites/pages like CNN, Nation, etc., appear fine. I've done the Ctrl-F5 clear cache thing and rebooted my computer but the TV home page is still messed up (or should I say very different)

post-55970-0-36777200-1346420773_thumb.j

Yes, we are launching a new Home Page during this weekend. tongue.png

Assuming you are serious and if what I see now is the final, new page, versus an interim page, it sure is a HUGE jump from a very busy page to a sleepy hollow page. To tell you the truth I liked the old page a lot better.

+1. Perhaps its not finished yet, but seems a bit bland, without the normal blue.

It's a work in progress. We do things like this during weekends when the traffic is lower.

We will add more feeds and content to the home page, and your feedback is very welcome. What info would you like to see on the homepage itself? More feeds and links to the subforums?

Feel free to suggest! We are listening!

Cheers

Seems every time I look at the new home page today in has grown in content/links....looking better than when I first saw it last night and early this morning.

While I said I liked the old home page better that was before the new page started growing/expanding its content today. Now the added content/links help in going more directly to different/specific forums.

What I don't miss about the old home page is all the ads which I know generate money for ThaiVisa and I realize the bills must be paid, but not having all the ads makes the page load much faster even if using tracking protection/ad blocking....and with some of the slow internet connections in Thailand that is a good thing.

It would be nice if the exchange rate (TT Buying Rate) was shown on the home page.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, I know you can get the rates by selecting the Home page pulldown menus of More and then Thai Baht Rates; what I mean is the TT Buying Rate for the USD, Euro and Pound also be visible right on home page.

Edited by Pib

Also a couple of the links from the home page in the section "Visa Info Thailand" don't work, namely "Work Permit" and "Visa Run". Some other pages look messy and half finished, such at the visa calculator. The links to Facebook, Twitter, etc. are all cut in half on every page (viewed in Chrome).

Guys guys guys...what happened..?? I don't mean to be rude, but the new homepage is horrible...wink.png

I actually thought there was something wrong with my computer..... but now I sadly realise that the "changes" to your homepage were indeed self-inflicted...

My first thought is...Why..?? The previous Thai Visa web-page was "busy" but nonetheless informative and easy to get around...and popular...secondly, most people that use this web-site I'm guessing are "creatures of habit" and to make changes without first doing some informative "market research" (as far as i know) is a little bit disconcerning and a bit of a deal breaker...imo

Having had experience in web-design in a previous life the two biggest "no-no's" for a home-page at that time was having lots of white space and forcing users to scroll down-wards to find something that might be useful... unfortunately your new home-page has committed both "sins"...

Sorry to be negative, I've really enjoyed (and relied on) Thai Visa for years.... but now I'm not so sure... bring back the old "home-page" I say... wai.gifwai.gif

Cheers

Rowdy

• Like 1

Also just to clarify... I've been viewing in IE9... I;ve now just done some further browsing using firefox and it's a lot better... so maybe some settings need to be adjusted so it's more user friendly in different browsers (??) Not sure really, but change is not always better.. (-:

Actually I posted earlier that the new look was "horrible"... but as I have since been using firefox to browse... It's all good... so my apologies for "bagging" the changes... I stand corrected...the changes when browsing on firefox are perfectly fine... It would however be really nice if the same user interface was compatible with IE8/9.. Is that on the cards (?)

Cheers

Actually I posted earlier that the new look was "horrible"... but as I have since been using firefox to browse... It's all good... so my apologies for "bagging" the changes... I stand corrected...the changes when browsing on firefox are perfectly fine... It would however be really nice if the same user interface was compatible with IE8/9.. Is that on the cards (?)

Cheers

I use IE9...no problem in viewing the new home page as long as compatibility view is "not" turned on for the page. Turn compatibility view on for the home page and the page is messed up.

Now, I had the opposite results for the previous/more busy ThaiVisa home page in that I did have to turn compatibliity view on otherwise the exchange rates in the upper right hand corner were messed up.

When the new ThaiVisa page appeared it was messed up on my screen; turned the compatibility view off for ThaiVisa and everything displays fine. Maybe you had compatiblity turned on before also....if so, try turning it off for ThaiVisa.