French Senators In Thailand On Fact-Finding Trip

webfact

French senators in Thailand on fact-finding trip

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A delegation of four French senators, members of the France-Southeast Asia parliamentarian friendship group, is scheduled to visit Thailand on a fact-finding trip tomorrow through Tuesday.

The delegation is led by Gerard Miquel, senator for the Lot Department and president of the friendship group, and includes Bernard Saugey, senator for the Isere Department and president-delegate of the group for Thailand; Jean-Claude Requier, senator for the Lot Department; and Herve Maurey, senator for the Eure Department.

During their visit to Thailand, the French members of Parliament will have the opportunity to raise topics related to French-Thai bilateral relations, particularly relevant in the wake of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's visit to France in July. The discussions will cover the internal political situations in both countries, as well as regional matters with a focus on Asean.

At Parliament House, the group will meet with the chairman of the Senate and the vice-chairman of the National Assembly. The delegation will also meet the permanent secretary for Foreign Affairs at the ministry.

The delegation is scheduled to meet with Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra and his deputy in charge of international relations. A meeting is also planned with the executive director of the Office of Decentralisation to Local Government at the Prime Minister's Office to discuss projects of mutual interest that could be implemented within the framework of decentralised cooperation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-01

"During their visit to Thailand, the French members of Parliament will have the opportunity to raise topics related to French-Thai bilateral relations, particularly relevant in the wake of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's visit to France in July"

Did somebody die?

"During their visit to Thailand, the French members of Parliament will have the opportunity to raise topics related to French-Thai bilateral relations, particularly relevant in the wake of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's visit to France in July"

Did somebody die?

Someone got a new thesaurus. Following in the waves behind her departing boat.

They will no doubt be impressed, by the pre-landing announcement, that it is illegal to bring Louis Vuitton (or other French) counterfeit products past Thai Customs. rolleyes.gif

And even more ompressed, by the wide range of such items, which are openly on-sale here ! laugh.png

Did somebody die?

Someone got a new thesaurus. Following in the waves behind her departing boat.

They've spent all the money and can't afford the air fare?

Maybe she'd been on Chalerm's ear medicine

.......do you really think they will be allowed to see or encounter anything unfavorable to Thailand's image.....

...just try to watch 1 or 2 minutes of those tourism promos......so sickeningly sweet......and I even have to ask myself where that is....

....there is Thailand.......and then, there is........'Thailand'....

A delegation of four French senators, members of the France-Southeast Asia parliamentarian friendship group, is scheduled to visit Thailand on a fact-finding trip tomorrow through Tuesday.

So they will arrive on Sunday, will take a one day rest same as most travellers due to the jetlag,and will have to hurry to get back in the airport Monday night to depart Tuesday morning.

I'm sure they will find a lot of facts during visit..

You and I both know, these guys will never get anywhere close to Sukhumvit Rd. They will stay at the Oriental or someplace as fancy, not get a chance to see the fake goods on sale at the MBK or Siam Plaza. And probably don't care either way. It's a paid vacation or what is called in the US, a fact finding tour, same thing.

• Like 1

Maybe they will be blessed to see some of the Thai soaps and request they be translated into French to air in France whereby extending their fact finding tour to all French citizens showing the true Thai culture.

• Like 1

You and I both know, these guys will never get anywhere close to Sukhumvit Rd. They will stay at the Oriental or someplace as fancy, not get a chance to see the fake goods on sale at the MBK or Siam Plaza. And probably don't care either way. It's a paid vacation or what is called in the US, a fact finding tour, same thing.

I use to know the son of the French Ambassador here. They're well aware of the issues here, believe me.

Ok boys stay out of Nana and Soi Cowboy as there are a few cultural highlights there

--------------------

whistling.gif

That's what the article probably means by the phrase

raise topics related to French-Thai bilateral relations

if you catch my meaning.

tongue.png

Hope for their misses they don't catch some else.... whistling.gif

Bureaucracy is the wave of the future, gone are the days where it only held appeal for the high school drop outs and losers that couldn't find a real job. These days as the private sector wages drop the bureaucracy's increase, long holidays, job for life, fat retirements, ahhh what a life.

But what do they actually do? Well, they create red tape to restrict private enterprise, they get to lord it over us serfs, they complicate every simple procedure, their wages are paid by the tax payer, and as they move up in the ranks by merit or doing less then five star hotels and overseas junkets await. EU? How about traffic lanes closed for your lofty convenience, god like powers over both the masses and counties. European monarchy never went away, it just has new players.

So the French are here to study Thailand, ha they will never get near Soi Cowboy. So true but these esteemed persons don't indulge in that lo-so rabble, their handlers will get the cream of the crop in on the sly, sex 1, 2 or 3, and the quality us peasants here can't even imagine.

I keep telling my kids to become parasitic bureaucrats and cash in on the life style. Fullfill your dreams, produce and achieve nothing whatsoever, sh*t on the average man and live like kings.

• Like 1

Maybe they can bring them French bigwigs down here to Chanthaburi and show the old French forts and prisons they used to hold and torture the Thais, they are all over the area, especially show the French prison the overhead chickens crapped on the Thai inmates night and day. Or go to Koh Chang to the Naval battle monuments during WW2 when the French battleships sank the Thai Navy sampans killing many brave Thai defenders. Or bring them to Cambodia and show them the old Thailand they stole years ago and gave away. The old buildings used by the French are nice and provincial and the many Catholic Churches are still here for your conversion too.