The Flies Have It.

Shot

Sure seems to be a lot of flies these days following the rain. I was a little bored today, and counted them. I came up with 32,541,227,803 on Phuket. This of course is not an exact number, because a few died (or were murdered), and some were born while I was counting.

• Like 1

Reported in a news source that we are not allowed to mention on this forum.

There is a fly convention being held on Phuket this week.

Phuket MICE (Meetings/Incentives/Conventions/Events) will stage the convention. The article states that Phuket is going to be "the hub" of fly conventions in the future. smile.png

Due to members "flying" in, the tuk-tuks were unable to blockade the airport, and were angry the flies had organised their own transport. smile.png

Of course, with so many coming for the convention, there would have to be a tragedy. Forum member, Hans Gruber, has already reported a drowning. smile.png More tragedy is expected over the next week.

The flies will visit Bangla Road on their stay, thus, living up to their their name, "Bar Flies." smile.png

The TAT has stated the "REAL" number of flies attending this convention is not 32,541,227,803, as reported by the OP, but 986,687,964,253,539,823,614. smile.png

Shops owners have reported a huge increase in the sale of repellant and have tripled the cost of each can accordingly, although Thai's will still pay the usual price. smile.png

Patong Police will be out in force, as Patong is now a "Safety Zone" and will have a "crackdown" on "flying" without a helmet and will be too busy doing this duty to investigate assaults, drug dealing, stabbings, murders, thefts etc. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

Reported in a news source that we are not allowed to mention on this forum.

There is a fly convention being held on Phuket this week.

Phuket MICE (Meetings/Incentives/Conventions/Events) will stage the convention. The article states that Phuket is going to be "the hub" of fly conventions in the future. smile.png

Due to members "flying" in, the tuk-tuks were unable to blockade the airport, and were angry the flies had organised their own transport. smile.png

Of course, with so many coming for the convention, there would have to be a tragedy. Forum member, Hans Gruber, has already reported a drowning. smile.png More tragedy is expected over the next week.

The flies will visit Bangla Road on their stay, thus, living up to their their name, "Bar Flies." smile.png

The TAT has stated the "REAL" number of flies attending this convention is not 32,541,227,803, as reported by the OP, but 986,687,964,253,539,823,614. smile.png

Shops owners have reported a huge increase in the sale of repellant and have tripled the cost of each can accordingly, although Thai's will still pay the usual price. smile.png

Patong Police will be out in force, as Patong is now a "Safety Zone" and will have a "crackdown" on "flying" without a helmet and will be too busy doing this duty to investigate assaults, drug dealing, stabbings, murders, thefts etc. smile.png

Are we talking about a new hub here

Looking forward to some more Dengue and Chikungunya then.

I'm not! I already had Chikungunya for over two years. At least I can't get it again, but there are three strains of Dengue I would rather not catch!

Chikungunya isn’t that bad. Really not much worse than being run over by a cement truck…………17 times.smile.png

• Like 2

Looking forward to some more Dengue and Chikungunya then.

I'm not! I already had Chikungunya for over two years. At least I can't get it again, but there are three strains of Dengue I would rather not catch!

Chikungunya isn’t that bad. Really not much worse than being run over by a cement truck…………17 times.smile.png

I don't think I would wish on anyone. Other than the doctors that said I could work and disallowed my disability claim!