Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

Quincy Jones said recently that the Beatles were OK at music but weren't worth a shit as musicians...he had worked with them as a producer on occasion...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/07/quincy-jones-the-beatles-were-the-worst-musicians-in-the-world

it's OK...the Beatles did enough at the right time during the 60s and fer that ye gots to give them some credit...

(bolivian girlfriend in the 60s with black eyes glittering and heaving with lust 'shut off that teenaged shit and put on Frank Sinatra you fool - 'Strangers in the night' was popular at the time...' 16 y.o. and sexually abused by a gorgeous 21 y.o. woman...I was permanently damaged...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

35 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

Quincy Jones said recently that the Beatles were OK at music but weren't worth a shit as musicians...he had worked with them as a producer on occasion...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/07/quincy-jones-the-beatles-were-the-worst-musicians-in-the-world

it's OK...the Beatles did enough at the right time during the 60s and fer that ye gots to give them some credit...

(bolivian girlfriend in the 60s with black eyes glittering and heaving with lust 'shut off that teenaged shit and put on Frank Sinatra you fool - 'Strangers in the night' was popular at the time...' 16 y.o. and sexually abused by a gorgeous 21 y.o. woman...I was permanently damaged...)

How could you jig a jig jig to 'Strangers in the Night' compared to 'Dr Robert' from 'Revolver'?

No wonder you were permanently damaged.

How's it going with the Vietnamese wife of the local grocery shop owner. Are you still fluttering eyelids across the counter as she slides another packet of cigarettes over?

44 minutes ago, bannork said:

How could you jig a jig jig to 'Strangers in the Night' compared to 'Dr Robert' from 'Revolver'?

No wonder you were permanently damaged.

How's it going with the Vietnamese wife of the local grocery shop owner. Are you still fluttering eyelids across the counter as she slides another packet of cigarettes over?

b.b.but Dr Robert from Revolver was one of the songs she complained about...well, it was her bedroom and her record player so I didn't have much choice...she lived in a 150 y.o house just off the Prado in Cochabamba with her 3 brothers (all 10 years older than me, she was the baby sister and they were extremely protective) and her mother and there was ornamental iron latticework preventing escape from the windows...'I know this sounds stupid but what if one of yer brothers comes home and finds us?' 'leave the worryin' to me tuts and take yer pants off...' she was a modern girl...

the corner shop wife is chinese and apparently she's exhibited too much enthusiasm in reply to my compliments and is now distant which is a drag...her engaging smile and cute butt in tight jeans was reason enough to visit the shop even if I didn't need vodka and ciggies...a young shop girl glowers and sez 'and what's wrong with me tutsi?' 'there ain't nothin' wrong wid you sweetheart but yer boss lady's backside has got just a little bit more contour, ye know what I mean?'

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

btw some years later I was with a girlfriend (I'm sure that I've mentioned this before on this thread) and I had just put on Beethoven's 'Missa Solemnis' and we soon found ourselves copulating in my bedroom closet on top of some boots after having started in civilized fashion on the sofa in the living room where the stereo was...

so that with regard to the bolivian episode and Beatles/Frank Sinatra we can say that sexual passion is in direct proportion to various musical crescendoes...or inversely with dope and dancing and sexual ritualism...young people are foolish but they are simply confused and need to maintain 'face' with regard to their peers...my bolivian girlfriend simply extended her arm and said 'come with me...'

'Kyrie!...'

On 11/7/2018 at 1:26 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

btw some years later I was with a girlfriend (I'm sure that I've mentioned this before on this thread) and I had just put on Beethoven's 'Missa Solemnis' and we soon found ourselves copulating in my bedroom closet on top of some boots after having started in civilized fashion on the sofa in the living room where the stereo was...

so that with regard to the bolivian episode and Beatles/Frank Sinatra we can say that sexual passion is in direct proportion to various musical crescendoes...or inversely with dope and dancing and sexual ritualism...young people are foolish but they are simply confused and need to maintain 'face' with regard to their peers...my bolivian girlfriend simply extended her arm and said 'come with me...'

'Kyrie!...'

She probably said,

'Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly.........come together'

• Like 1

John Lennon and the Quarrymen in 1958 , first recording ever.

Buddy Holly was still alive then I think. Both John and Paul claimed that Buddy was one of their greatest influence. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bannork said:

Saturday night's looming. Time to crank up.

'toss that bottle of vodka over here and turn it up'...150kph in the Isuzu crew cab 'say man, that was some nice shit that you scored tonight...'

and that stinkin' Big Joke thinks that he's gonna mess wid us...

• Like 2