What ? Day 3 & No Complaints From Our Mob ?

Gonzo the Face

Surely some of the smokers would have said something about the sharp rise in the price of cigarettes.

or

As you get older, your hearing should be getting weaker, so how come all the kids on the motorcycles of today sound like there is no longer a muffler included. A little 12 inch wheel jobbie with a teenager on it, sounds like a shuttle launch from the Cape.

Just my gripes for today.

G

I quit over a decade ago so don't give a flyin'...but the biker “look at me, look at me” crap. I had a silly little hope the maybe that narcissistic bilge would be left far behind. I know a couple of those 50 something types who claim they want loud so the irresponsible car drivers (I do agree there are a lot of them) would hear them coming and as such are just playing it safe, and that extra loud is just being extra safe. Yeah right – Look at me on my $30,000.00 Harley!

Gonzo, let me be the first one then. Was out for lunch and went out of cigarettes. Bought one pack of Malboro gold at 7-11. dam_n, it was B90 and it's got the uglist imprint on the box in the whole world. Well, I got a little bit consolation from the kid, a pack in the States where he resides costs over 7 bucks. Now, I'm at ease.biggrin.png

Thinking of buying some tax free cigarettes to bring into the States to save some bucks. Does anyone know how many packs one is allowed to bring in? My kid leaves 2 days before me. He doesn't smoke but I'll ask him to carry some in for me.

Thinking of buying some tax free cigarettes to bring into the States to save some bucks. Does anyone know how many packs one is allowed to bring in? My kid leaves 2 days before me. He doesn't smoke but I'll ask him to carry some in for me.

2 packs of 25 into Australia, no packs into Singapore.

" For residents returning from other countries (than places like Guam and the Virgin Is.) 200 cigarettes plus a reasonable quantity of tobacco and 100 cigars."

(Excluding Cuban of course).

Edited by Chicog

Yup, new rules on entering Oz; 50 smokes or 50g tobacco. Soon it will all be drab green packets and more cancerous eyes!

At least they're realistic on the booze. Two and a half litres, of whiskey or whatever. no use bringing wine in - it's cheaper than bottled water in the shops. $11.00 for 4 litres of nice claret. sighh!

Whinge for the month: my 1 litre of unopened Duty Free Drambui was confiscated by Malaysian Security; it had come from Australia on AirAsia, no problems. But as the plastic bag was not sealed (tho the bottle was!) they took it off me for the flight to CNX. Glare of the month was when I wished the lady in black a good party that night!! I might add that Duty Free Stores Gold Coast refunded my money as their staff should have sealed it.

Yup, new rules on entering Oz; 50 smokes or 50g tobacco. Soon it will all be drab green packets and more cancerous eyes!

At least they're realistic on the booze. Two and a half litres, of whiskey or whatever. no use bringing wine in - it's cheaper than bottled water in the shops. $11.00 for 4 litres of nice claret. sighh!

Whinge for the month: my 1 litre of unopened Duty Free Drambui was confiscated by Malaysian Security; it had come from Australia on AirAsia, no problems. But as the plastic bag was not sealed (tho the bottle was!) they took it off me for the flight to CNX. Glare of the month was when I wished the lady in black a good party that night!! I might add that Duty Free Stores Gold Coast refunded my money as their staff should have sealed it.

It is only 2.25 litres not 2.5 litres.

Same thing happened to me in Singapore only with two bottles of Baileys for my gf. They told me it could not leave Singapore in a unsealed bag but i agued with them as i was in transit and still airside it hadn't actually entered Singapore and sothe bottles wasn't leaving Singapore but they didn't like that reasoning and threatened me by caling some goons or whatever they were over so i just let it be as i had a plane to catch. Theft is what i call it but you learn and live and beside i am going off-topic..

Same thing happened to me in Singapore only with two bottles of Baileys for my gf. They told me it could not leave Singapore in a unsealed bag but i agued with them as i was in transit and still airside it hadn't actually entered Singapore and sothe bottles wasn't leaving Singapore but they didn't like that reasoning and threatened me by caling some goons or whatever they were over so i just let it be as i had a plane to catch. Theft is what i call it but you learn and live and beside i am going off-topic..

singapore is always so dam_n strict. i brought 2 cans of abalones and they wanted me to empty out the water.