Does This Happen Often?

susanschwaiger

Today I went to Lotus. When I parked my motorbike there, I just hang my helmet on motorbike.

When I walked out after shopping, the helmet was already gone.

That was annoying!!! So, it means, every time you park, you have to lock the helmet under seat ? Hmmmm, my helmet is a normal one, 600 baht bought.... I hate this

All Tescos have a small cloak counter at the front where you can check your helmet and bag. My and the girl always carry our helmets inside and check them at the counter. You receive a small numbered ticket. While the checkout girl is ringing up the groceries one of walks over and retrieves our helmets. Never had a problem in three years. And on occassion the cloak room girl is a stunner...

The 600 THB price tag for your helmet seems a bit odd. If it was a thai style puddin basin they can be bought most anywhere for circa 150 THB. If it was a better quality helmet they start at 3000 THB up.

• Like 1

Not happened at Lotus but happened elsewhere, yes it is annoying.

To be more precise: the Lotus on North Pattaya Road. Noon time.

My stolen one is of much better quality than those 150 baht one (I had such one before), in material , function and design. My hub chose it for me and he is an expert in motorbike things.

Ja, should still be grateful that I have used it until today!!! Could have been stolen much earlier , giggle :))))

All Tescos have a small cloak counter at the front where you can check your helmet and bag. My and the girl always carry our helmets inside and check them at the counter. You receive a small numbered ticket. While the checkout girl is ringing up the groceries one of walks over and retrieves our helmets. Never had a problem in three years. And on occassion the cloak room girl is a stunner...

The 600 THB price tag for your helmet seems a bit odd. If it was a thai style puddin basin they can be bought most anywhere for circa 150 THB. If it was a better quality helmet they start at 3000 THB up.

The 600 Baht ones are in all the Supermarkets, a bit more protection than the pudding basins, covering the ears and with a plastic face visor.

When we drive our Motobike somewhere (very seldom these days as we normal go by car) we always lock our helmet at the metal clip under the seat.

I've had 2 cut away and stolen from there!

When we drive our Motobike somewhere (very seldom these days as we normal go by car) we always lock our helmet at the metal clip under the seat.

I've had 2 cut away and stolen from there!

This has not happened to us yet, but I agree if they want it they will get it no matter what you do.

But maybe it's time for someone to come up with an idea for an Helmet with a Siren in case someone tries to steal it ;)

• Like 1

Afraid it happens a lot especially with nice shiny new helmets. Happens a lot less if you use a dirty old one.

yes, my stolen one was quite new and shiny and nice.. Ok, I will buy a garbage one tomorrow smile.png))

You will not be able to purchase a dirty old helmet at any shop, however I have one.

So if you buy a new shiny one tomorrow I will swap it with you for my old dirty one. For a small fee of course.smile.png

It's not only that, even when parking a car your spare wheel is not safe.

They will park next to you, and have your spare wheel from under your car and put in the receptacle on their car.

All done from that 1 meter gap between parked cars with someone acting as a look-out

Edited by Satcommlee

They will park next to you, and have your spare wheel from under your car and put in the receptacle on their car.

All done from that 1 meter gap between parked cars with someone acting as a look-out

You seem to be well informed. biggrin.png

I had TWO helmets stolen at Tesco. They were locked on the bike and they just cut the strap. Chickenshit bastards... Of course, Tesco can't do anything...

Same as me but mine were cut at tops supermarket On 2 separate occasions

don't use the shop now

You seem to be well informed. biggrin.png

By the way, I have VIGO tyres for sale, excellent price inbox me :-)

Surely it is stating the obvious - lock it up. Safety of your possessions is your responsibility. Living in Pattaya/Bangkok or other major city/town then you were asking for trouble. Not so much in rural thailand is this a problem.

It would also be nice if you gave a decent header so that one has an idea of the topic such as. 'Stolen motorbike helmut -Please return!!!!

• Like 1

Could happen anywhere, good and bad. The op should look on the bright side crappy 6oobt helmet gone,Go and get a decent one and your man sounds like he doesn,t know much about helmets that are safe. 6000bt for a half decent onethumbsup.gif

Ha, I know sb will say this sooner or later laugh.png I cherish all the things I have, no matter of its value. Am not a F1 racer, a 150 one is good enough for me. Besides, even if one has a top quality helmet but has a serious accident, the head is protected but the body is badly damaged.... What is the good of it ? Same miserable ! Maybe a warrior armour is the best for motorbike riders tongue.png

Could happen anywhere, good and bad. The op should look on the bright side crappy 6oobt helmet gone,Go and get a decent one and your man sounds like he doesn,t know much about helmets that are safe. 6000bt for a half decent onethumbsup.gif

Ha, I know sb will say this sooner or later laugh.png I cherish all the things I have, no matter of its value. Am not a F1 racer, a 150 one is good enough for me. Besides, even if one has a top quality helmet but has a serious accident, the head is protected but the body is badly damaged.... What is the good of it ? Same miserable ! Maybe a warrior armour is the best for motorbike riders tongue.png

You should ask our esteemed admin, Raro, if he agrees with you. He was in an accident recently. Not going that fast, somebody cut in front of him. Ended up breaking his leg. Would have been MUCH worse without a full face helmet as he landed on his face first. Permanent scars for sure.

So broken leg, but still a beautiful face. giggle.gif

• Like 1

Never knew so many helmets were being stolen. I always leave mine on my handle bar, and its the 500 bt model. Sure, its good to have them locked up, but then Im not going to buy a bike, only because it has a place to lock up my helmet, there are a few other considerations, when buying a bike.

Im sure there are certain areas, where the bike gangs hang out, and look for things to steal, especially big parking lots. They can just sit there and wait for a target, then when the person goes into the store, grab the helmet or even the bike. This thing even happens in civilized countries, any high priced bike that goes to the parking area in a shopping center, is a target if they see that it isnt being locked.

My good friend has lost 3 or 4 good helmets over the past few years. He locks the strap under the seat, but they just cut it off.

I actually drilled a small hole in the bottom of my helmet. I have a wire lock that slides through which I secure to the bike. A few months ago I came back from my walk and the helmet was laying on the side of the bike near the ground...somebody had tried to steal it.

• Like 1