Yongyuth Promises To Lift His Game Soon

webfact

Yongyuth promises to lift his game soon

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Interior Minister and Deputy Premier Yongyuth Wichaidit defended his record in running the Interior Ministry yesterday, saying the public may not be aware of much of the work because it was low profile. He also had to spend a lot of time accompanying Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Yongyuth acknowledged some ministry work had been delayed, like disbursement of compensation to those affected by last year's flood, but asked for the opportunity to continue at the ministry.

His comments came as the government reported to the public on the achievements of all ministries.

Yongyuth said he had adhered to moral ethics and senior officials at the ministry were obliged to apply themselves to their work.

He vowed to better promote the one-tambon-one-product (OTOP) scheme both at home and abroad. This, Yongyuth said, was one of five major policies of the ministry.

The four other policies were: promotion of reverence towards the monarchy, as well as promoting unity and national reconciliation; preventing natural disasters via activities such as planting saplings, unclogging canals and helping those affected by such calamities; anti-corruption activities; cracking down on drugs, and monitoring night-time establishments.

Other ministry policies include providing a stipend for elderly and disabled people; providing identity cards and services to Thais who live abroad; and developing a hotline to facilitate better services to the public through the hotline 1567.

The Interior minister added that a new type of city- and rural- planning would be introduced to designate areas prone to drought and to recognise areas more susceptible to natural disaster.

The ministry was working with the King Prajadhipok's Institute, he said, to hold forums throughout the Kingdom and local colleges to discuss ways to achieve national reconciliation and on how to approach constitutional amendment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-04

Does the DPM feel threatened by the upcoming latest-reshuffle, do you think ?

He could always do what he does best... resign. :ermm:

Puea Thai Party Leader wants to step down

Puea Thai Party Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit plans to step down so that his Party could be revamped and better prepared to fight back against the government.

"I've tried to resign three times already, but I was asked to hang on because of legal technicalities," Yongyuth said.

The Nation - January 19, 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yongyuth departs Pheu Thai Party

Pheu Thai Party Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit on Thursday resigned his leadership with immediate effect on the ground that he wanted to pave way for party restructuring to gear for the next general election.

"Today I tender my resignation in order to ensure my party's readiness for the next poll," he said.

The Nation - September 9, 2010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

followed 5 days later by... :rolleyes:

Yongyuth reinstated as Pheu Thai Party Leader

Members of the opposition Pheu Thai Party have re-elected Yongyuth Wichaidit as the Party Leader.

The reappointment of Yongyuth as Pheu Thai Party Leader was today supported by the Party members with a vote of 267 with 4 abstentions and 2 voided ballots during the confidential voting session.

NNT - September 14, 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, how's your role in that Alpine Land scam scandal investigation coming along?

oh wait, I forgot.....

397598.jpg

SHHHHHHHHH about that

• Like 1

Surely the anti-eliists of PTP would never be involved in land-scams or corruption, which have been abolished in the Brave Red New World ? cool.png

Quick, change the subject, isn't there another amusing Jatupon-story we can run, to distract the populace & media ? biggrin.png

Edited by Ricardo

i know he's been busy holding Yingluk's hand, but if we look at his department's KPIs, the performance seems completely underwhelming.

Clearing canals seems to be carried out by many groups, but Interior ministry rarely gets a mention. Reconciliation equates to bring back Thaksin. Anti-corruption activities ???

My favourite is monitoring night-time establishments. I can name 3 which through political dispensation or police bribes can remain open until 5am most days - just by walking outside my house and listening.

Gee, sorry, I'm really busy, but for you poor suckers in the flood area, just wait a while longer, you'll eventually get your checks..

"Yongyuth acknowledged some ministry work had been delayed, like disbursement of compensation to those affected by last year's flood, ,,,"

Checks in the mail.. just wait..