If You Don't Like It, Go Home.

Pseudolus

Just look at how Pattaya and Phuket have ended up because of farangs. :(

I only wish Thais weren't so kind at letting so much farang scum enter its country.

Just look at the people on here trying to live here on endless tourist visas as they've no other way but are desperate to stay.

• Like 1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the indignant posts that appear here are not really about Thailand but about the personality of the posters. They had problems in their countries of origin and don't check up on the fact that Thailand is abroad. I am very happy here. I see many problems around me, think about ways to get around them, don't think that everyone in Thailand lives in Bangkok, take one day at a time.

I realised at the age of 20 that people take their problems with them, even if they move house a 1000 miles or more. I brought my alcohol problem with me here, but also my sense of optimism and eagerness to learn and teach (yes well, TIT...)(

• Like 1

When I first arrived in Thailand to live 12 years ago, (though first visited in 1971), I quickly had my fill of Brits. At least the ones in the majority, the overly-tatooed, shaven (or naturally bald) headed version. It was so bad, that I used to joke that it was obvious the British Gov't was up to it's old tricks . The difference being this time, the detritus were paying their own air fare... tongue.png

Changes in the visa policy slashed their numbers, leaving the old Brits in the majority.. They are a lot closer to the days of the Raj, in fact were born with it as a reality. If they could graft the weather, women and cost of living onto England, they would be there in a flash. But many Brits were adventurous enough to make their lives in the outer Empire and left many fine institutions and assorted infra-structure behind when they left (voluntarily for the most part).

Not saying Thailand was part of the Empire mind you. The recently arrived (now 3rd and 4th gen) Chinese have that role here...

• Like 1

Freedom of speech is great but we also have freedom of movement. Those who came to Thailand and are now not happy have the feedom to move on. Yes Thailand has many faults because it is still a Third world country but I can think of many faults in my home country that I don't have here. (Too many taxes for a start). I for one am happy here, I accept that nowhere in the world would be absolute paradise where there is nothing I did not like. If I change my mind later I can go back home or try another country. I have that choice as do every other farang.

Well I would foward this message to the number of Thais that have emigrated to the west and see what they say.

It's not that you have a valid point, you do... but it's a matter of mutual respect.

I have known some Thais working illegally that got busted and I told them afterwards that I warned them about this, law is a lot harder on the other side.

They did not do it because they listened to their Thai employer who is now in jail for embezzlement and other things.

Now where does the phrase "learn to adapt" come into this? Did I go and yell at them "Go home, you do not belong here"?

No but I did tell them "Now you know the next time you try to pull a stunt like this." and most of them understood what I was trying to say.

If they really want to be a western citizen, by all means, welcome and if they have become citizen then that ridiculous phrase doesn't even apply but that's my take on it.

The problem is the regular Somchai such as Submaniac thinking it's we against them, rather than thinking we are all in the same boat and that's what irritates me. The problem is we have a fair amount of people back home who think the same.

I for one pay respects to any foreigner who do actually try to integrate there is just one problem with that in Thailand and that's there is no real integration and the number of people with families Submaniac has hurt with his crappy post makes it even worse.

Edited by maxme
  • Like 2

@Submaniac

First of all, who said I was British (congrats you have earned another right to be bashed) and second you really needed this much text when it's simpler to say "F*** off"?

Your lack of thinking outside the box and inability to comprehend simple matters that is a basic need in every country where there are immigrants shows you are not ready to have a civilized discussion so let's not bicker more. You have already shown your true colors.

and the number of people with families Submaniac has hurt with his crappy post makes it even worse.

You're quite right. How silly of me. "F*** off".

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 2

@Submaniac

First of all, who said I was British (congrats you have earned another right to be bashed) and second you really needed this much text when it's simpler to say "F*** off"?

Your lack of thinking outside the box and inability to comprehend simple matters that is a basic need in every country where there are immigrants shows you are not ready to have a civilized discussion so let's not bicker more. You have already shown your true colors.

You're quite right. How silly of me. "F*** off".

Thank you. See that wasn't hard... Now what about that beer or are you a chicken? coffee1.gif

• Like 2

If you don't like it, don't read the post. And don't bother replying - it just prolongs the conversation.

Then why did you reply? rolleyes.gif

I was trying to be helpful, in the hope that people would follow the advice. maybe not now, but next time they were tempted to tell someone to go home, or to respond in anger to a post that offended them.

SC

Submaniac: For information, the Scots are as British as the next man.

Nope. How about this; take your solidarity and compassion and shove it. I don't like it when Thais and Thailand is insulted. How about I throw some insults at the British people and see how you like it. The British like to dish it out, but they can't take it. You want to dish it out on this Forums about Thais, better trust and believe that I will dish it right on back to you. Solidarity and compassion my ass.

And since we are on the topic, I also must point out that the biggest whingers/complainers on this forum, and the most likely culprit to be making some type of derratory comment towards my country and my people are British. Like no other English speaking country comes close. The Americans don't whinge very much. The canadians (what few there are here) don't have many complaints. The Australians generally don't complain. Neither do the new zealanders. The Irish don't complain. The Scottish don't complain. There is one country that exports the largest amout of complainers to Thailand.

It's like a national past time for the English. They complain about Thailand. They complain about Britain. They complain about their food. They complain about the service. They complain about everything.

This turns me to my original post: if you don't like the way things are, you are free to leave and find someplace that you would be happier.

submaniac. I can see that you are wound up, but PLEASE try not to fall into the trap you are describing. I am with you, if people really don't like it then they are able leave, as that is their choice (and I will one day as this was never a permanent solution for my family...but 4 years on...!!). If people are that simple that they group "all Thais" together then they really need to think differently. Unfortunately, in the heat of your exchange you have stated that "all English people are..." I, for one, am not. I do not take offence because I have never seen this kind of "absolute" from you before. Please play fair on this one or everything else you, quite succinctly, state becomes less valid.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Just look at how Pattaya and Phuket have ended up because of farangs. sad.png

I only wish Thais weren't so kind at letting so much farang scum enter its country.

Just look at the people on here trying to live here on endless tourist visas as they've no other way but are desperate to stay.

There's nothing wrong with people looking for their slice of happiness, however I admit that there's much wrong with the way some of them do it. It's one thing to seek happiness it's another thing entirely that in doing so making other people's lives miserable.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee

There is a difference between complaining about things one doesn't like, and slashing a whole country and its people.

Criticism can be quite constructive, and, ( surprise ! ) if you speak with Thais, you might find that your likes and dislikes are quite similar.

If somebody comes in my home though, and displays a totally negative attitude, i think it's fair to tell him to f*** off.smile.png

oh...and for the record EVERY country has whingers here. I have a LOT of exposure to a wide range of expats. There are whingers from every country and positive, keep trying, types from every country. I meet a lot of stupid, narrow minded, petty racist Thais. Then again I meet a lot of stupid, narrow minded, petty racist Americans, Russians, English, Germans, French, Canadians, Swedes, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc and the list goes on. You have to learn to walk past it.

There is a difference between complaining about things one doesn't like, and slashing a whole country and its people.

Criticism can be quite constructive, and, ( surprise ! ) if you speak with Thais, you might find that your likes and dislikes are quite similar.

If somebody comes in my home though, and displays a totally negative attitude, i think it's fair to tell him to f*** off.smile.png

It's also about understanding human characteristics and nature , looking beyond nationality and skin and for what it's worth... Pseudolus is having a difficult time and it appears that Submaniac is having the same.

Now I can talk to the Pseudolus but not Submaniac. Does this have to do with we are both farangs? One could try to insinuate that but doing so without concrete proof that I'm a racist and a bigot would make it a foolish endeavour. Yet SM assumes this and that makes his statements not only invalid but also he is the one that comes out as a racist.

I'm not saying that I totally agree everything the OP has to say but that is not the point I'm making either. To give creds to Submaniac that is he is a man of his words... He couldn't cope and is moving home but if he tried to actually talk to some westerners he would see that the skew perception some farangs have about Thais also applies to the Thais have about farangs.

• Like 1

At least you have the freedom of speech...

Ahhh, there's that term, "freedom of speech." What's odd is this term is usually the last vestige of the whining/whinging eegits who believe it's their God-given right to complain about anything and anyone at any time. But you know what? I agree with you. The thing is, if the whiners have a right to free speech, how about my right to tell the whiners to go piss up a rope? Where is my "freedom of speech?"

In other words, the right to express an opinion MUST be balanced by another's right to disagree. I find that the best response to a whining foreigner who has nothing but hatred and contempt for the Thais and Thailand is to go the <deleted> back to where they came from. And what's wrong with expressing that opinion?

And that's the point. We all have the freedom to express our opinions/views on TV, but too many prefer not to answer the points raised, preferring to rely on the good, old argument - 'go home then'...

• Like 2

I wish most farangs would go home.

They're ruining beautiful Thailand. sad.png

You should touch base with Yingluck & TAT and let them know your thoughts - mass tourism is ruining much of beautiful Thailand

Ahhh, there's that term, "freedom of speech." What's odd is this term is usually the last vestige of the whining/whinging eegits who believe it's their God-given right to complain about anything and anyone at any time. But you know what? I agree with you. The thing is, if the whiners have a right to free speech, how about my right to tell the whiners to go piss up a rope? Where is my "freedom of speech?"

In other words, the right to express an opinion MUST be balanced by another's right to disagree. I find that the best response to a whining foreigner who has nothing but hatred and contempt for the Thais and Thailand is to go the <deleted> back to where they came from. And what's wrong with expressing that opinion?

And that's the point. We all have the freedom to express our opinions/views on TV, but too many prefer not to answer the points raised, preferring to rely on the good, old argument - 'go home then'...

That's the point you're missing. I do like a good, fair argument. But what if the other side simply won't listen? When certain d*ckheads can do nothing but rant about an entire race of people, knowing that their perspective is so incredibly limited to those few that they've met, then there's really no other choice but to tell them to take their pettiness somewhere else. Again, I see nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

The "farang scum" who stay here on "endless tourist visas" (without money) will be deported pretty quickly I would have thought - as soon as they get involved in a bar brawl and are caught by the police?

Who precisely do you define as the "farang scum"?

Edited by F1fanatic

It's also about understanding human characteristics and nature , looking beyond nationality and skin and for what it's worth... Pseudolus is having a difficult time and it appears that Submaniac is having the same.

Now I can talk to the Pseudolus but not Submaniac. Does this have to do with we are both farangs? One could try to insinuate that but doing so without concrete proof that I'm a racist and a bigot would make it a foolish endeavour. Yet SM assumes this and that makes his statements not only invalid but also he is the one that comes out as a racist.

I'm not saying that I totally agree everything the OP has to say but that is not the point I'm making either. To give creds to Submaniac that is he is a man of his words... He couldn't cope and is moving home but if he tried to actually talk to some westerners he would see that the skew perception some farangs have about Thais also applies to the Thais have about farangs.

What a load of BS you're shoveling. The only reason you can talk with Pseudolus is because you both share the same bigoted mentality.

• Like 2

What a load of BS you're shoveling. The only reason you can talk with Pseudolus is because you both share the same bigoted mentality.

And you would know that how?

Ahem my dear Pseudolus, the thoughts (as has been explained to you on previous threads) are, no one is forcing any one to be in Thailand against their will (except maybe Thais who are born in Thailand, and really can't emigrate to another country so easily). A falang in Thailand can leave any time that they want. If they are unhappy, then they can go to their home country if it makes them happier. The issue arises when people stay in Thailand, complain about Thailand, the people of Thailand, and what happens to them in Thailand. If it were me, and I were unhappy with where I lived I would just go home. What I would not do is to continue to live there, continue to be abused, and come on an internet forum to complain.

Mostly expats on this board will say such things. From what I have found many expats in Thailand have more 'issues' then I have found at other places. It's a good country to run to if you have relationship, money or other problems.

So you get a lot of people who are not really interested in fixing or changing things (or even hearing about negative opinions), but just leave or run when the time comes. Their solution to their own problems is walking away, so telling you to just go home is natural and is a valid solution to them, not always derogatory.

Bringing up a negative reminds them of their own stuff and they don't like it.

Nope. I've been trying to get back to Thailand for years. I got stuck on something here (a lawsuit) which has dragged on for a while and I simply cannot leave the United States in the near future. For everyone's bitching and complaining, I would rather be in Thailand. Warts and all. Frankly when people complain of Thailand, I am jealous as I would simply rather be there.

Keep in mind I have nothing but love and respect for the United States. You can search all of my previous posts, and I do not sit here and complain about how terrible the United States is. The United States has its problems. There are things I don't like. But I don't complain about it. My thoughts are, if I don't like it, I can leave.

You can't always leave and run. Sooner or later you have to fess up. Your doing that will your lawsuit now. Think how much better you will feel when the issue is faced head on! rather then scurrying away like a mouse!

Edited by jacktrip
  • Like 1

If you don;t like bigots, why do you hang around the General Forum? Next, you'll be complaining about trolls.SC

Mostly expats on this board will say such things. From what I have found many expats in Thailand have more 'issues' then I have found at other places. It's a good country to run to if you have relationship, money or other problems.

So you get a lot of people who are not really interested in fixing or changing things (or even hearing about negative opinions), but just leave or run when the time comes. Their solution to their own problems is walking away, so telling you to just go home is natural and is a valid solution to them, not always derogatory.

I would say it depends on the manner. I've never said it to any foreigner who is staying in my country as I find it childish and not helpful. Some people do talk to others , finding out the root of their problems some just simply do not care.

Edited by maxme

And you would know that how?

Pseudolus is a certified nutbag, yet, you're on the same wavelength as he. Surely you must understand the implications.

• Like 1

That's the point you're missing. I do like a good, fair argument. But what if the other side simply won't listen? When certain d*ckheads can do nothing but rant about an entire race of people, knowing that their perspective is so incredibly limited to those few that they've met, then there's really no other choice but to tell them to take their pettiness somewhere else. Again, I see nothing wrong with that.

When a poster has been 'arguing' for a while on a ridiculous idea, I find it easier to let them 'hang themselves' and back out at that point.

It would never cross my mind to resort to 'Go home then' - as this is when a poster proves they are unable to refute the point being made.

• Like 1

The "farang scum" who stay here on "endless tourist visas" (without money) will be deported pretty quickly I would have thought - as soon as they get involved in a bar brawl and are caught by the police?

Who precisely do you define as the "farang scum"?

Probably means the million or so farang tourists who visit each place each year