Get In The Taxi First, Then Tell Them Where To Go

ayayay

Ok, you try it first.

I've always got in, stated my destination, told them to put the meter on and then said nothing else.

Once on my way, if the driver wants to chat then OK, otherwise, I stay shtum.

Maybe I've been lucky but told hundereds of taxis in BKK when I lived there for 3 years.

So many taxis on the road that I really don't care if one of them isn't going my way there is often another one waiting behind the one I have stopped in case it refuses my fare. I've often had a "no" from a driver but never had a problem getting to where ever I wanted to go.

You either dont live here on a permanent basis

Or

You don't use taxis very often

Funny, on reading your initial post I would have assumed exactly the same about you.

So tourists usually get annoyed cause the taxis often say they are about to go off their shift, when in reality, you know that it is a lie?

Or if I almost never ever use a taxi, I would be annoyed, cause a taxi guy have once told me he was going off his shift?

Ok, you try it first.

I've always got in, stated my destination, told them to put the meter on and then said nothing else.

Once on my way, if the driver wants to chat then OK, otherwise, I stay shtum.

Maybe I've been lucky but told hundereds of taxis in BKK when I lived there for 3 years.

Since I started this thread, I think not more than 3 guys have refused me a ride, and when they do I point out I know what they do is illegal, I say "pit got mai", and it becomes uncomfortable for them to say no. Then i just leave the car half closing the door.