Ferrari That Killed Bangkok Cop Was Doing 200Kph; Red Bull Heir

webfact

Ferrari that killed cop 'was doing 200kph'

THE NATION

30189858-01_big.jpg

Krating Daeng managing director Worrayuth Yoovidhya and his mother Daranee pay respects to the body of the late Pol Snr Sgt Major Wichean Klinprasert, who was run over by Worrayuth

BANGKOK: -- Police forensic experts believe Krating Daeng managing director Worrayuth Yoovidhya crashed his Ferrari car directly into the rear of a slain policeman's motorcycle at a speed of around 200km per hour.

The experts based their belief on forensic tests on the black Ferrari and on the motorcycle of Pol Snr Sgt-Major Wichean Klinprasert.

Worrayuth, wearing black suit and black sunglass, at 3pm attended the funeral of Wichean and apologised to family members, at Wat That Thong. He was accompanied by his mother Daranee Yoovidhya.

A forensic expert, who asked not to be named, said evidence contradicted Worrayuth's claim that Wichean abruptly cut in the front of his Ferrari, preventing him from stopping in time or swerving to avoid impact. The expert said had the policeman's motorcycle cut in front of the Ferrari car, the angle of the impact would have been diagonal.

Impact traces showed the Ferrari crashed straight into the rear of the motorcycle, leaving an imprint of the bike's exhaust pipe on the car's front.

The source said the impact was believed to have happened while the Ferrari was travelling at about 200kph because Worrayuth suffered shoulder and chest bruises from the safety belt and the impact caused the safety belt to be released from its lock and activated the airbag.

The source said the crash site was believed to be in front of Sukhumvit Soi 47 because there was blood at the spot.

The expert said the body of the policeman appeared to have been stuck on the bonnet because there was hair, blood and the victim's police badge on it.

The expert said the policeman's body fell from the car 64.8 metres from the crash site as there were more bloodstains at that spot. The policeman appeared to have died there, the source said.

The source said the suspect might have swerved the car at about 200 metres from the crash site to shake off the stuck motorcycle. The machine was found about 200 metres away from the crash site at the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 49.

There was a trail of engine oil from the Ferrari leading into Worrayuth's house off Sukhuvmit Soi 53.

The source added that DNA samples collected from the safety belt and airbag of the Ferrari matched that of Worrayuth, confirming he had been driving the car.

Senator Samak Chaowaphanun, lawyer for the Yoovidhya family, insisted Worrayuth was not drunk at the time of the accident early on Monday. Samak said Worrayuth did not try to flee the scene but went home to consult his father.

Also yesterday, Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Thong Lor crime suppression inspector Pol Lt-Colonel Pannaphol Nammueng might be dismissed from police service if a disciplinary panel found that he had tried to arrest a scapegoat to help Worrayuth.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-06

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait until the blood test come back, the lawyer and senator for the kid says he was not drinking at the time of the accident but had a few after he returned home. Could this be another one of those white lies? Charge with doing 200 mph, leaving the sense of the accident, trying to avoid police at his home. Then pay off the family is the Thai way for wealthy families to say "Oh I am so sorry" BS

• Like 2

"Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said Thong Lor crime suppression inspector Pol Lt-Colonel Pannaphol Nammueng might be dismissed from police service if a disciplinary panel found that he had tried to arrest a scapegoat to help Worrayuth."

that's terrible...... its good news that he didnt get away with it.......

• Like 2

IMHO and from first hand experience, it is practically impossible to drive at 200km/h along that particular stretch of Sukhumvit Road (on both sides around Soi 49). I regularly drive past that area around 5:30am and there are just too many cars, buses and motorcycles to allow any acceleration to 200km/h. I agree that the damage to the motorcycle and car would have to be much more than what is shown in the photos. Again, I'm not defending the guy, I'm just stating my opinion.

• Like 1

IMHO and from first hand experience, it is practically impossible to drive at 200km/h along that particular stretch of Sukhumvit Road (on both sides around Soi 49). I regularly drive past that area around 5:30am and there are just too many cars, buses and motorcycles to allow any acceleration to 200km/h. I agree that the damage to the motorcycle and car would have to be much more than what is shown in the photos. Again, I'm not defending the guy, I'm just stating my opinion.

First away from the lights?

• Like 2

This quote if from the head Police guy Comronwit.

"We will not let this police officer die without justice. Believe me," Comronwit said Tuesday. "The truth will prevail in this case. I can guarantee it."

Would the police have been so active against Worrayuth if it had not been a policeman he hit? I doubt it.

• Like 1

So they were able to find the accident scene from blood drops and oil leaks... But no skid marks at all?

So did he ever even hit the breaks before or after hitting the officer?

If going that fast and hitting the brakes should have caused some serious skid marks?

• Like 1

So they were able to find the accident scene from blood drops and oil leaks... But no skid marks at all?

So did he ever even hit the breaks before or after hitting the officer?

If going that fast and hitting the brakes should have caused some serious skid marks?

Probably not if he only slowed down enough from 200 to get the body off his bonnet. I I am no expert but isn't the point of ABS that u can't lock the wheels anyway?

I agree with Friskodude and polapati. At 124 mph, there would be alot more damage than the pictures I've seen. That motorcycle would have been disintigrated.

The motorcycle would have likely been doing 30-40mph, which means the impact speed would have been 84-94mph. Just sayin'.

tbh, I doubt there's many educated collision experts on here, no matter how much ye want to believe. :rolleyes: