Zoomer-X

SumetCycle

Jesus, I speed around on 100cc and I outpace most people. 170's and low 70s Kg

That's on the Dream. My old Chaly had a dream and a piston from a Cheer and it did fairly well against most other bikes.

Curious to see what my new Chaly will do with 110cc from a Nice.

Weightloss is just as good as HP gains :)

• Like 2

Who knows? If these sell like hotcakes they might make a bigger brother, just like what they did with the original...

post-118861-0-50307000-1347197260_thumb.

Hope we see some more varieties in scooter styling that are not made by Tiger or made in China. Such bigger Zoomer brother would be nice for sure.

The Honda Rep kindly brought one around to my office today to look at.

Looks like the bastard child of a fling between a KSR and TTX Not saying that is good, or bad, just what it is.

Most of the parts are parts bin Scoopy/Spacy I motor Scoopy 12 wheels etc. Auto and electric start

4.4 lt fuel tank 53 kpl

Sorry no hook

and Sadly no dry storage under the seat which I really like for rain suits, gloves, maps, my phone when needed etc.

Soon will buy my wife a new bike and asked her if she like it (She is a fan of the KSR) She gave it a thumbs down, and it's not for me, however I do think they will sell plenty of them

i have seen and checked it out on Saturday

Good looking scooter and surprisingly very good quality with upside down shocks! thanks honda for being not that cheap thsi time and sell it with good shock and quality. Best quality mass market scooter in the market now if you ask me.

They have zillions of accessories available for it and you can also close the storage with extra plastic and some aluminium stuff so things stay dry and safe there.

yellow camouflage colour looks perfect with its extra accessories. They have a nice brochure about the bike with photos of 3 - maybe 4 - different style with different colours and accessories.

i thought about buying one and they asked 52,000 thb for the bike same as click 125, perfect for carrying big and dirty things, especially for carrying bike parts. but possibly, i would like to spend that amount on restoration of my old cbr150.

Who knows? If these sell like hotcakes they might make a bigger brother, just like what they did with the original...

post-118861-0-50307000-1347197260_thumb.

Assuming the price quoted earlier is correct actually LOS is getting a fantastic deal; the old version of the Zoomer/Ruckus, and the 49cc at that, is 77K THB in the US.

I've only got a couple in stock at the moment. I am expecting more next week. If I get enough of them, I'll buy one to use as a test ride bike. I'll let you guys know as soon as it is available.

Looks alone it appears lighter than an Airblade; shouldn't it perform essentially the same?

Wimpy engine, no under seat storage, and 50+K? I've heard of styl'n, but sheesh!

I thought you are a fan and advocate of wimpy engines and if you look at the pictures in the OP you'll see that there is under seat storage...

Sorry for any confusion. The photo in OP's post doesn't show much depth, and I was depending on entry #36 to confirm that idea, - little storage space. But my comment was meant to make note about the price as it relates to the size of engines, perhaps 10k too high in relation to others of that power. 'Cheap as chips' - I know, I know. But then perhaps its size and tires justify a 7-11 bike.

I suppose my suspicion of 650's in Thailand comes from seeing videos of bikers here topping hills or rounding curves at speeds that would preclude stopping in time, in case of a parade or something in the middle of the road. Doubtless I should blame riders rather than the engines!

I've only got a couple in stock at the moment. I am expecting more next week. If I get enough of them, I'll buy one to use as a test ride bike. I'll let you guys know as soon as it is available.

Looks alone it appears lighter than an Airblade; shouldn't it perform essentially the same?

Well they are both 110s, but the Zoomer has bigger tires and what looks to be a much better suspension. I won't know for sure until I've actually ridden it though.

Wimpy engine, no under seat storage, and 50+K? I've heard of styl'n, but sheesh!

I thought you are a fan and advocate of wimpy engines and if you look at the pictures in the OP you'll see that there is under seat storage...

I suppose my suspicion of 650's in Thailand comes from seeing videos of bikers here topping hills or rounding curves at speeds that would preclude stopping in time, in case of a parade or something in the middle of the road. Doubtless I should blame riders rather than the engines!

Our Thai hosts prove to us again and again that you can kill yourself just as easily on a scooter as on a big bike. So yes, I think it's a bit disingenuous to blame the bike or say that a bike with more cc's is somehow more dangerous than a smaller cc bike. :)

• Like 2

Our Thai hosts prove to us again and again that you can kill yourself just as easily on a scooter as on a big bike. So yes, I think it's a bit disingenuous to blame the bike or say that a bike with more cc's is somehow more dangerous than a smaller cc bike. smile.png

Wonder what the deaths per km here in the Kingdom is for the various cc groups.

Our Thai hosts prove to us again and again that you can kill yourself just as easily on a scooter as on a big bike. So yes, I think it's a bit disingenuous to blame the bike or say that a bike with more cc's is somehow more dangerous than a smaller cc bike. smile.png

It would be an interesting statistic, but I reckon that would be a no brainer for the majority factor. The winners on the highest per capita would be smaller capacity bikes around the 110-125 mark just on shear numbers

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

It would be an interesting statistic, but I reckon that would be a no brainer for the majority factor. The winners on the highest per capita would be smaller capacity bikes around the 110-125 mark just on shear numbers

And how many more km do those 110-125 bikes travel? Much as air travel is safer than road vehicle travel, especially considering the km put on.

And how many more km do those 110-125 bikes travel? Much as air travel is safer than road vehicle travel, especially considering the km put on.

I'll agree if your looking at the average, but what answer are you after: average or total? You can't have both.

I'll agree if your looking at the average, but what answer are you after: average or total? You can't have both.

Well, I did ask "what the deaths per km" is in my original post.

Death? Offtopic. Will not happen with a Zoomer-X. Its a Honda smile.png

It was kind of on topic- there's a discussion about whether or not small displacement scooters like the Zoomer are any safer than larger faster scooters / bikes. Do try to keep up, will you?

You can kill yourself on any motorcycle, big or small, Honda included-

honda-motorcycle-crash-with-volkswagen3.jpg

• Like 1

^

Are we a little bit sensitive today? This is the thread for the new Zoomer-X. Why such stupid horror accident pictures here?

If you fear that you kill yourself on the Zommer-X than better take a taxi to get your grosseries wink.png

Edited by wantan

Death? Offtopic. Will not happen with a Zoomer-X. Its a Honda smile.png

It was kind of on topic- there's a discussion about whether or not small displacement scooters like the Zoomer are any safer than larger faster scooters / bikes. Do try to keep up, will you?

You can kill yourself on any motorcycle, big or small, Honda included-

honda-motorcycle-crash-with-volkswagen3.jpg

I sure hope that that the cage passengers were not killed.

^

Are we a little bit sensitive today? This is the thread for the new Zoomer-X. Why such stupid horror accident pictures here?

If you fear that you kill yourself on the Zommer-X than better take a taxi to get your grosseries wink.png

<deleted> are "grosseries"?! crazy.gif

Something to feed trolls like you laugh.png