Idiots Who Come To Thailand.

chiangmaikelly

I have never see a guy work so hard to defend an indefensible stereotype. Very impressive.

Thais eat beef, just not as much beef as other countries. Why on earth would Thais raise non dairy cows if they didn't eat beef.

My father inlaw has 5 cows, they must be pets. He had more but one of them ended up as a feature in his daughter's wedding. And no it wasn't as MC.

I think the best way to end the onslaught CMKelly is to reconsider your statement about Thais not eating beef. As it is not true. They eat some beef and it often isn't very good. On this point you are correct.

Cows are for milk and burger. Steers are for steaks and roasts. Just thought you might want to know. In Canada sometimes they eat cow tenderloin but I could not eat the stuff myself. Fat is yellow and no marbling. Cow tenders are about the circumference of a large thumb. Steer tenderloin about the circumference of your wrist or a bit bigger.

You are talking about Thai cattle right? I have no idea what size their tenderloins are as the butchering methods here are hack and slash. Canadian heifers and steers are used for the same cuts I doubt you could tell the difference, I can't and I grew up raising beef cattle. Normally the cows and the bulls are for breeding but they make their way to butcher eventually too. For these the quality and the cut is dependent on age and health.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never see a guy work so hard to defend an indefensible stereotype. Very impressive.

Thais eat beef, just not as much beef as other countries. Why on earth would Thais raise non dairy cows if they didn't eat beef.

My father inlaw has 5 cows, they must be pets. He had more but one of them ended up as a feature in his daughter's wedding. And no it wasn't as MC.

I think the best way to end the onslaught CMKelly is to reconsider your statement about Thais not eating beef. As it is not true. They eat some beef and it often isn't very good. On this point you are correct.

Cows are for milk and burger. Steers are for steaks and roasts. Just thought you might want to know. In Canada sometimes they eat cow tenderloin but I could not eat the stuff myself. Fat is yellow and no marbling. Cow tenders are about the circumference of a large thumb. Steer tenderloin about the circumference of your wrist or a bit bigger.

You are talking about Thai cattle right? I have no idea what size their tenderloins are as the butchering methods here are hack and slash. Canadian heifers and steers are used for the same cuts I doubt you could tell the difference, I can't and I grew up raising beef cattle. Normally the cows and the bulls are for breeding but they make their way to butcher eventually too. For these the quality and the cut is dependent on age and health.

If I couldn't tell the difference I'd go back to school. 1st difference is price. Heifers are cheap. 2nd difference is size heifers are much smaller. 3rd difference is appearance, yellow fat as opposed to white. 4th difference is taste and tenderness. I like beef. If Thais ate beef the price would go down. In India they eat less beef than Thaland. I am going to Fuji Sunday and have some Kobe beef. Fuji is a Japanese restaurant in Thailand. Also at Central Mall in Pattayabiggrin.png

I just woke up, so I am getting into it slowly this morning. This thread is interesting. I thought I would mention the topic again.

I got to SEA years ago and I was interested to learn as much as I could about the place.

Older people are usually a good source of information because they have lived a long time and will take the time to relate their experiences.

I asked many, many older people for advice when I first got here. Language was of course the first good advice. So I went to college here and took courses in Thai.

So what is this thread about? It is about people who can't hear the answer to a question after they have asked it. This is a constant theme on Thai Visa. A poster asks is does my young Thai girlfriend really love me and everyone tells the OP that she does not. She only loves your money. Normally the response is 90 to 1. But the OP can't hear it. So he argues with everyone who tells him the truth. Another poster asks, “do I need to learn Thai?” 90 to 1 everyone tells him yes. If you can't speak Thai you are deaf and dumb in Thailand. But the poster can't hear the answer so argues with everyone.

And that is what this thread is about. The new guy in Thailand asked what to eat. I told him anything except the beef. He ate the beef anyway and agreed after he ate it that it was the worst beef he had ever ingested.

Why can't the people on this thread understand that simple point? Well, that is the point of the thread isn't it.

Oh?

So this thread is not about an OP that used "idiots" as the first word?

"idiots" may not be the best choice for a first word, if you want a polite discussion / learning experience (with you as the teacher of course).

Edited by nidieunimaitre

I just woke up, so I am getting into it slowly this morning. This thread is interesting. I thought I would mention the topic again.

I got to SEA years ago and I was interested to learn as much as I could about the place.

Older people are usually a good source of information because they have lived a long time and will take the time to relate their experiences.

I asked many, many older people for advice when I first got here. Language was of course the first good advice. So I went to college here and took courses in Thai.

So what is this thread about? It is about people who can't hear the answer to a question after they have asked it. This is a constant theme on Thai Visa. A poster asks is does my young Thai girlfriend really love me and everyone tells the OP that she does not. She only loves your money. Normally the response is 90 to 1. But the OP can't hear it. So he argues with everyone who tells him the truth. Another poster asks, “do I need to learn Thai?” 90 to 1 everyone tells him yes. If you can't speak Thai you are deaf and dumb in Thailand. But the poster can't hear the answer so argues with everyone.

And that is what this thread is about. The new guy in Thailand asked what to eat. I told him anything except the beef. He ate the beef anyway and agreed after he ate it that it was the worst beef he had ever ingested.

Why can't the people on this thread understand that simple point? Well, that is the point of the thread isn't it.

Oh?

"idiots" may not be the best choice for a first word, if you want a polied discussion / learning experience (with you as the teacher of course).

No it is not about the OP at all. It is not a thread about me at all. Idiot is part of the headline for example, "Ike Turner Beats Tina to Death" is a good headline it encourages readership. Or, "Headless Body in a Topless Bar." The idiot word was used to get people to read the thread. Of course I have been a college professor but in this thread really my thrust was philanthropy.

When are you going?

I doubt he'll get a choice

SC

Whats that supposed to mean ?

I have never been mugged...attempted, but never success.

I have never been drugged...by anyone else, unknowingly.

Not fat enough to be rolled.

Never fell in love with a bg.

Never participated in or been to a village wedding and never will.

As for conforming to the general pop and drinking what everyone else is drinking, that is kinda boring and sheep like.

I have eaten in an empty restaurant and then it filled up not so long after.

Eaten in many restaurants with views and had a wonderful feed.

next

What a perfect charmed life you have.

yes, thankyou.

As for the OP...when is he going to apologise to everyone for getting it wrong.

I just got back from the market, bought some beef from a thai beef shop that is frequented by 99% thais.

I just bought some rib eye from another thai shop which is supplied by a royally initiated beef breeding program.

6 people that will be here for late lunch today will eat beef and they are thai.

I think OP should suck it up and admit he is wrong and has no idea really, even after 40 years.

If I couldn't tell the difference I'd go back to school. 1st difference is price. Heifers are cheap. 2nd difference is size heifers are much smaller. 3rd difference is appearance, yellow fat as opposed to white. 4th difference is taste and tenderness. I like beef. If Thais ate beef the price would go down. In India they eat less beef than Thaland. I am going to Fuji Sunday and have some Kobe beef. Fuji is a Japanese restaurant in Thailand. Also at Central Mall in Pattayabiggrin.png

I meant you can't tell the difference between the taste of beef from a heifer or a steer raised in Identical conditions. Heifers are not cheap, they are sold by the Kg the same as steers but they do not grow as big. They do not have a different color fat. If you go to a grocery store in Canada, the meat is labeled as a beef type and grade, not as girl beef or boy beef. But both genders are represented in the same packaging. Private butchers will sell you steer meat if you specify, but the vast majority of beef available is not separated. Feedlots have just as many heifers in them as they do steers, where do you think they sell the heifer meat?

I suppose the next you will say is the ones with horns are the bulls?

Oh?

"idiots" may not be the best choice for a first word, if you want a polied discussion / learning experience (with you as the teacher of course).

No it is not about the OP at all. It is not a thread about me at all. Idiot is part of the headline for example, "Ike Turner Beats Tina to Death" is a good headline it encourages readership. Or, "Headless Body in a Topless Bar." The idiot word was used to get people to read the thread. Of course I have been a college professor but in this thread really my thrust was philanthropy.

You are always right about everything, no?

I have never been mugged...attempted, but never success.

I have never been drugged...by anyone else, unknowingly.

Not fat enough to be rolled.

Never fell in love with a bg.

Never participated in or been to a village wedding and never will.

As for conforming to the general pop and drinking what everyone else is drinking, that is kinda boring and sheep like.

I have eaten in an empty restaurant and then it filled up not so long after.

Eaten in many restaurants with views and had a wonderful feed.

next

You're my hero.

I meant you can't tell the difference between the taste of beef from a heifer or a steer raised in Identical conditions. Heifers are not cheap, they are sold by the Kg the same as steers but they do not grow as big. They do not have a different color fat. If you go to a grocery store in Canada, the meat is labeled as a beef type and grade, not as girl beef or boy beef. But both genders are represented in the same packaging. Private butchers will sell you steer meat if you specify, but the vast majority of beef available is not separated. Feedlots have just as many heifers in them as they do steers, where do you think they sell the heifer meat?

I suppose the next you will say is the ones with horns are the bulls?

Things have changed. A long time ago I was a beef buyer for a chain of hotels. I had a stamp and would look at the sides of beef and stamp the ones I wanted for the hotel. I would have never have considered heifer beef. Nor beef from Canada or Australia. But things change. Due to price rises in the US market we bought both Canadian and Australian beef and our customers got used to it. I tried heifer beef once about 10 years ago and almost had a customer revolt. But I am sure like I said, things change.

Oh?

You are always right about everything, no?

My gosh no. I have been married 4 times that I know of. And divorced 4 times.

This thread should be pinned to Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks.

"Silly Walks - the sequel"

To the OP: please explain again the connection between beef, divorcing, and Tina Turner.

All off topic. All words used in my plea to post on topic messages. Get it? No. Ok, I'll try again. Beef is a side issue and is not really worth writing about. Divorce another side issue and not worth writing about. Tina Turner just an example used and not worth mentioning again. You attacking me up to you. If it makes you feel better. I am waiting for your real issues to come out. I imagine the anti stuff starts soon.

To the OP: please explain again the connection between beef, divorcing, and Tina Turner.

All off topic. All words used in my plea to post on topic messages. Get it? No. Ok, I'll try again. Beef is a side issue and is not really worth writing about. Divorce another side issue and not worth writing about. Tina Turner just an example used and not worth mentioning again. You attacking me up to you. If it makes you feel better. I am waiting for your real issues to come out. I imagine the anti stuff starts soon.

As I mentioned before, the topic is "threads that start with the word <idiots>".

Your Honour.

I want to divorce this woman, because she never listens to my advices.

Particularly, advices about foreign beef eating habbits.

Should be spelt "hobbits". I'd not normally pick up minor spelling errors, but someone might have misunderstood.

SC

• Like 1

Face it giddy you have a thing about me. For some reason you are driven to post off topic posts to disagree with me and attack my persona by any means possible like telling me that I am a low life because I eat at McD. We all understand. It is a Thai Visa thing. It is the topic of this thread. You can't stay on topic. You don't know what the topic is. All you can do is attack. It is pitbull itis.

And you have never done that to any poster on this thread ....... oh noooooooo!

The guy calls me a perve I need to say something before I try and steer the thread back on topic. I mean, because I look at a woman in short shorts I'm a perve? Would not you say something? Or trying to tell people my favorite restaurant is McDonalds, that's just mean. McDonalds is very low class where I come from. You gotta say something eh? Most Americans eat more beef in a week than Thais eat in a year and the guy is going on about Thais eat beef. No they don't. Thais are not stupid. Beef here tastes like poop. Do you eat poop? No. Of course not.

I know, I know, I really shouldn't be replying to this but.............. to quote yourself:

"Most Americans eat more beef in a week than Thais eat in a year".

Now, I would have to assume that you are refering to Thais eating beef here, because as extremely large as some of you Americans are, I would argue the physical possibility of anyone eating the equivelant of 52 time the annual food intake of a person in beef alone in a year period.

That would make you a bit deranged, don't you think?

So with that said, you openly write that Thais eat beef! Well done, you seem to have corrected your misunderstanding with your surroundings............thumbsup.gif

It really is a good troll post you have started, page 11 already and counting...........rolleyes.gif

Face it giddy you have a thing about me. For some reason you are driven to post off topic posts to disagree with me and attack my persona by any means possible like telling me that I am a low life because I eat at McD. We all understand. It is a Thai Visa thing. It is the topic of this thread. You can't stay on topic. You don't know what the topic is. All you can do is attack. It is pitbull itis.

And you have never done that to any poster on this thread ....... oh noooooooo!

The guy calls me a perve I need to say something before I try and steer the thread back on topic. I mean, because I look at a woman in short shorts I'm a perve? Would not you say something? Or trying to tell people my favorite restaurant is McDonalds, that's just mean. McDonalds is very low class where I come from. You gotta say something eh? Most Americans eat more beef in a week than Thais eat in a year and the guy is going on about Thais eat beef. No they don't. Thais are not stupid. Beef here tastes like poop. Do you eat poop? No. Of course not.

I know, I know, I really shouldn't be replying to this but.............. to quote yourself:

"Most Americans eat more beef in a week than Thais eat in a year".

Now, I would have to assume that you are refering to Thais eating beef here, because as extremely large as some of you Americans are, I would argue the physical possibility of anyone eating the equivelant of 52 time the annual food intake of a person in beef alone in a year period.

That would make you a bit deranged, don't you think?

So with that said, you openly write that Thais eat beef! Well done, you seem to have corrected your misunderstanding with your surroundings............thumbsup.gif

It really is a good troll post you have started, page 11 already and counting...........rolleyes.gif

We an be as obtuse and pedantic as we want, but I personally am impressed that we have reached eleven pages with none but the OP on topic. Talking of beef, is anyone else watching the NZ - Argentina game just now?

SC

As I mentioned before, the topic is "threads that start with the word <idiots>".

It is an attention getting headline. I think you may be obsessing a bit too much. Try reading the whole post. I know it is a lot of words but give it a shot. biggrin.png

Your Honour.

Should be spelt "hobbits". I'd not normally pick up minor spelling errors, but someone might have misunderstood.

SC

hey man, you want beef?

I couldn' help myself I had to.

• Like 1

chiangmaikelly, you are sounding like the ESL teacher type who accosted me on the MRT yesterday with some unsolicited advice and when told thanks but no thanks, considered his position for a minute then had another try... and after being ignored, then pulled a bottle of something out of his bag and took a furtive swig.

• Like 1

Your Honour.

SC

I confess.

It should have been SPELLED happits.

I am thinking of starting a thread " I used to hate TV, but now I just love it".

That's a threat!

Or treat?

Edited by nidieunimaitre

chiangmaikelly, you are sounding like the ESL teacher type who accosted me on the MRT yesterday with some unsolicited advice and when told thanks but no thanks, considered his position for a minute then had another try... and after being ignored, then pulled a bottle of something out of his bag and took a furtive swig.

Was he carrying any balloon's ?.....If so, could have just called a security guard over and pretty sure he would have beat him round the head with his metel detector for you..thumbsup.gif

Your Honour.

SC

I confess.

It should have been SPELLED happits.

I am thinking of starting a thread " I used to hate TV, but now I just love it".

That's a threat!

Thank God it is only a threat and not a promise...... (or am I REALLY tempting fate???) whistling.gif

• Like 1

You are trying for the award. The not reading the post award. I did not offer any unsolicited advice. You are the one who is doing that. Congratulations and join the group of others who have not read the thread. smile.png

post-73727-0-08424300-1347093608_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Was he carrying any balloon's ?.....If so, could have just called a security guard over and pretty sure he would have beat him round the head with his metel detector for you..thumbsup.gif

A metel detector? Used to detect Ozzie Osbourne records? Wooow, heavy.

Not much happening at the office right now?

And what does Mrs Soutpeel say about all this?