New 100 Baht Visa Fee For '14 Day Visa Runners'?

Hi to the forum!

Recently I saw, that Ranong immigration is asking all the permanent 14 day/14day runners, for an extra fee. Some asked for 100 baht, some for 200 baht. And 'cause there are a lot of them, these days:

Is it a new fee or a new tea money project?

Thank you very much, couldn't find any content via search!

Noob

Thanks, like I thought.

And they didn't ask people with visa in the passport. whistling.gif

Only the 14 day-people from other asian countries!

This option is gone, as soon asean.

Actually, I missed the chance, to video it with the phone.

In Dec. then.

dont recommend recording immigration at work lest they retain your apparatus

And they might also take your phone...cheesy.gif

I don't see that (making tea money) as their work, more as private behavior. whistling.gif

But thanks, I already thought about being careful! clap2.gif

The post is seeking an explanation of the fee. It may be overtime, copy, photo, or some other such item for all we know or a new fee for visa exempt entry.

Copys? Photos? Overtime?

For visastamp on arrival at the border?

With nice USB-cams on the immigration counter?

And only from 14day/14day visa runners, from other asian countries?

Most visarunners, this days, are from the Philippins, Laos, Kambodia, in Ranong.

They even getting a 1200 Baht Trip, from Phuket, westeners paying 1500 Baht

The copys, they did, in the past years, have been for the Myanmar part, 10 baht/person.

Since even the Myanmar Immigration is using a USB-cam, they try to get 5 Baht/person for nothing, when they give you the arrival card.

Income is drying out, a bit?

Used to be if you were doing the minvan from Penang to Hat Yai that, when reaching the Thai side of the frontier, there was a baksheesh of 10b collected by the driver, supposedly for the nice Thai officials. I never saw the hand-off, so it could have ended up in the driver's pocket. I haven't experienced this in a few years.

Pay toilets at a frontier crossing says a lot about a country.

• Like 1

Used to be if you were doing the minvan from Penang to Hat Yai that, when reaching the Thai side of the frontier, there was a baksheesh of 10b collected by the driver, supposedly for the nice Thai officials. I never saw the hand-off, so it could have ended up in the driver's pocket. I haven't experienced this in a few years.

Pay toilets at a frontier crossing says a lot about a country.

That is true, the last time I did a border run I forgot to bring change and really needed to use the toilet. Had to just wait till the next pit stop.

We were told that our visa run was all-inclusive, including boat ride, 1,500 baht. But most people who traveled with me ended up paying 100-200 baht more in "extra charges". They were paid not to the company who brought us, but starting from the time we hit the immigration, the people who "helped" bring our passports around, and other things we could have easily done ourselves.

When we related this back to the company driver, he told us we usually shouldn't have paid those extra amounts. But well, how were we to know?

I don't have any problems paying the extras, but the other Asians with me felt a little pinch I think.

Edited by Chads

We were told that our visa run was all-inclusive, including boat ride, 1,500 baht. But most people who traveled with me ended up paying 100-200 baht more in "extra charges". They were paid not to the company who brought us, but starting from the time we hit the immigration, the people who "helped" bring our passports around, and other things we could have easily done ourselves.

When we related this back to the company driver, he told us we usually shouldn't have paid those extra amounts. But well, how were we to know?

I don't have any problems paying the extras, but the other Asians with me felt a little pinch I think.

Well, everyone should be paying the same...the only time it's acceptable to charge different nationalities different prices it's when entering another country where the visa cost might depend on nationality. In any case, I think different agencies charge different prices. In Vietnam, whenever you go on a tour, everyone will tell you how they were charged different amounts. As long as you shop around and negotiate, you can get the price down.

Edited by Tomtomtom69