This Is A Thai Love Story...........

theblether

The mentality described by theblether is dying out fast.

I spend most of my time surrounded by Thai girls and none of them would marry someone they didn't love just for the sake of keeping their family happy, in fact the ones that are single are generally single because they are waiting for "Mr Right" (despite having many potential suitors pushed towards them by their family).

The Thai girls I know are no different in general than the Western girls I know, except for being shorter with tighter bums and smaller breasts.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's wealth and living in a place with modern values - Bangkok- and if you have or you're family can accept modern ways.

If you have a half decent job and will inherit enough then you can afford to pick and choose.

Come from somewhere poor with nothing to fall back on then it's a different matter.

I spend most of my time surrounded by Thai girls and none of them would marry someone they didn't love just for the sake of keeping their family happy, in fact the ones that are single are generally single because they are waiting for "Mr Right" (despite having many potential suitors pushed towards them by their family).

The Thai girls I know are no different in general than the Western girls I know, except for being shorter with tighter bums and smaller breasts.

Do the Western girls that you know wear clothes when going swimming?

Do the Western girls that you know have a book which gives them title to land and status as a citizen of the UK?

Do the Western girls that you know eat peppers as a food group or a condiment?

Do the Western girls that you know not wear shoes in their house?

Did the Western girls that you know wear little slit mini skirts every day in college?

I can think of about 100 more but I can't post them heresmile.png

• Like 1

Blether I am never really sure what my wife thinks, I asked he after we were married a few years, why did you marry me, she said she didnt want to be alone she was 29 at the time i was 41, and later I asked her why she left Issan and she said because she didnt want to be poor. She worked for a chemical co. in BKK

So yes I kind of do think they look for a better future and the "love" aspect is not foremost as it might be for "us"

Having said that occasionally she grabs me in bed at night and says "love husband" so "who knows"

Ah to be able to read the mind of a lady.........I think that would be a curse to be honest rolleyes.gif

Yours has a mind too!!!!!laugh.png

Do the Western girls that you know wear clothes when going swimming?

Do the Western girls that you know have a book which gives them title to land and status as a citizen of the UK?

Do the Western girls that you know eat peppers as a food group or a condiment?

Do the Western girls that you know not wear shoes in their house?

Did the Western girls that you know wear little slit mini skirts every day in college?

I can think of about 100 more but I can't post them heresmile.png

Don't be lazy, please tell us more...

• Like 1

So it all boils down to marrying for money not love.

Here we go again.

I read it as boiling down to the practicalities of life

Yes I agree but it still boils down to money. Take his wealth out of the equation and she wouldn't look at him.

Hmmmmm not necessarily the wealth ,how about his/her potential later i life, maybe if you see someone who is hard working and give them a "leg up" then they run with it and work even harder.

Thankfully I have no inlaws both are dead.................I got a bargain!!

The OP's observations are interesting, not just in what he tells us but in that the means by which he comes to such seemingly solid conclusions.

My own observation is that Thai women wander around with their heads filled with hopeless romanticism - And I'm not of the opinion they got that from 'Hollywood'.

Though I accept the hypothesis within the OP's "Observation" will bring comfort to some and hence might be a point of view that fits nicely without disturbing the thoughts too much.

Blether I am never really sure what my wife thinks, I asked he after we were married a few years, why did you marry me, she said she didnt want to be alone she was 29 at the time i was 41, and later I asked her why she left Issan and she said because she didnt want to be poor. She worked for a chemical co. in BKK

So yes I kind of do think they look for a better future and the "love" aspect is not foremost as it might be for "us"

Having said that occasionally she grabs me in bed at night and says "love husband" so "who knows"

Thats an order right ?

Nahhhhhh

Ill be in contact with you shortly with all my salient details

You claim that the "mentality described by theblether is dying out fast" because of your experiences with a tiny handful of Thai girls that you know.

Oh god. This rubbish hurts my eyes.

What was it that the Thai politician said recently? Did he by any chance encourage local girls to marry farangs? And what was his reasoning?

The OP's observations are interesting, not just in what he tells us but in that the means by which he comes to such seemingly solid conclusions.

My own observation is that Thai women wander around with their heads filled with hopeless romanticism - And I'm not of the opinion they got that from 'Hollywood'.

Though I accept the hypothesis within the OP's "Observation" will bring comfort to some and hence might be a point of view that fits nicely without disturbing the thoughts too much.

Did you read the OP?...........I wouldn't say it was highly opinionated.......I would say I suggested that there was a broader and deeper dynamic at work than many people realize but that I would pass it over to the experts for their opinion.

Methinks you've been on the red wine GuestHouse drunk.gif It's not like you to misread so badly. burp.gif

Ah to be able to read the mind of a lady.........I think that would be a curse to be honest rolleyes.gif

Yours has a mind too!!!!!laugh.png

I'm not sure but I sure as hell don't want to read........sometimes ignorance is bliss eh Tommo? rolleyes.gif

ALL young women (certainly Thais and Western women) "wander around with their heads filled with hopeless romanticism"!

You claim that the "mentality described by theblether is dying out fast" because of your experiences with a tiny handful of Thai girls that you know.

Oh god. This rubbish hurts my eyes.

What was it that the Thai politician said recently? Did he by any chance encourage local girls to marry farangs? And what was his reasoning?

I have no idea what you are talking about, nor how it could be relevant to this thread. Please enlighten me.

ALL young women (certainly Thais and Western women) "wander around with their heads filled with hopeless romanticism"!

How old is young?

CMK - You've got a point there biggrin.png! I should have said "ALL women".

Edit - Although Western women (and I assume Thai women are the same) tend to get over the 'hopeless' bit around 45 or so...

Edited by F1fanatic

CMK - You've got a point there biggrin.png! I should have said "ALL women".

Edit - Although Western women (and I assume Thai women are the same) tend to get over the 'hopeless' bit around 45 or so...

I would have said 35 but ....

Obviously I was a late developer sad.png .

also true, however mine has quite ample charms therefore she is different, no fried eggs here plsrolleyes.gif

I don't know... That story sounded like a similar story played out around the world everyday...

Woman in a relationship which is not really going anywhere... She feels that time is running out and maybe her parents have been getting on her about not being married and not having any kids. Up walks Ok Joe who, importantly, has some cash and she gets married and settles down. Things like this happen all the time.

The Blether posts many threads and has built up his reputation as a good guy. This makes it easier for such a poster to drop in the odd troll post.

Just sayin.

Anyway if this girl is a lesbian then she will have zero physical attraction to this guy. Or are we back to talking about Thailand can make you bisexual?. Would any straight man or woman spend the rest of their lives with a person of the same sex?

Seems ridiculous.

Hate to break it to you but the OP's story isn't especially 'Thai'. Women in their 30s back home get desperate too and often take a guy that don't really like that much in order to have something. Everyone's expectations change and that teenage and early 20 something idea of love begins to lose importance for many next to the idea of stability and kids and a nice house and a manicured lawn.

And all over the world, reality will force them, to look for the 'right agreement', instead!

Do all of you know, how the end of 'Pretty woman' was originally planed and filmed? Instead of wedding,....?

It only didn't pass the test audience, so they filmed the 'tears off happiness' ending

Edited by noob7

Two things that are really annoying that we have warned about in the past:

Calling troll. If you think someone is a troll, report them or ignore them. Calling them out and starting a fight will just get you in trouble.

The tired old "Hiso Chinese girlfriend/wife" comments. There are a lot of members here with Chinese spouses that don't appreciate the derogatory comments, and we don't take insults against members' spouses lightly. It doesn't matter the race, nationality, or region of Thailand they come from, derogatory or demeaning comments will be dealt with harshly.