This Is A Thai Love Story...........

theblether

The OP's observations are interesting, not just in what he tells us but in that the means by which he comes to such seemingly solid conclusions.

My own observation is that Thai women wander around with their heads filled with hopeless romanticism - And I'm not of the opinion they got that from 'Hollywood'.

Though I accept the hypothesis within the OP's "Observation" will bring comfort to some and hence might be a point of view that fits nicely without disturbing the thoughts too much.

Did you read the OP?...........I wouldn't say it was highly opinionated.......I would say I suggested that there was a broader and deeper dynamic at work than many people realize but that I would pass it over to the experts for their opinion.

Methinks you've been on the red wine GuestHouse drunk.gif It's not like you to misread so badly. burp.gif

TB I was trying to be polite.

I was inferring, but did not wish to say directly that your observations are based on pretty thin evidence obtained second hand via a language you do not speak during a short observation period.

Holiday maker turns up, doesn't speak the language, obtains a passing second hand observation and comes away an expert.

Your caveat that you should hand this to the experts was hardly needed - Those who are not in need of the hypothesis your post contains saw right through it.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have to apologize if the thread I started was considered trolling. I wasnt aware it had been done to death on TV. I started it to get some emotions going and get a feel about how others in the situation are really looking at their life, it wasnt done to be a rude so and so.

I mean theres a fine line between stiring emotion and trolling me thinks, and according to TV I crossed it.

OP, isnt this story exactly the same as what I said just reworded and in greater length?

The Blether posts many threads and has built up his reputation as a good guy. This makes it easier for such a poster to drop in the odd troll post.

Just sayin.

Anyway if this girl is a lesbian then she will have zero physical attraction to this guy. Or are we back to talking about Thailand can make you bisexual?. Would any straight man or woman spend the rest of their lives with a person of the same sex?

Seems ridiculous.

I,ve suspected for some time now that T.B. isn,t all he appears to be. whistling.gif

I reckon he is a ghost writer / ghost poster and both him and his sidekick ( aka mate ) he often refers to and V.Versa are inverted trolls. ( non disruptive contributors )

" Nom de guerres " for want of a better description who in turn are provided with input from several other nameless contributors. ermm.gif

marshbags thumbsup.gif

P.S.

As an intended non abusive post and a simple personal observation, I hope it is not deemed incorrectly as an offensively intended offering, it is not.

Edited by marshbags

I may be wrong........but I see one thing from the OP that stands out a mile..........Survival.

It is not only human nature but also animal instincts to want to survive, but we as humans have a far greater range of methods to survive.

Without listing all the possible scenarios, basically it comes down to each individual as to what he/she needs to survive (far different to what we would want).

The girl in question, I feel is not doing it for her family, albeit they may have started her to think about her future, but I'm guessing that she started to think to herself, it is her life and only she can make changes to better or worsen the outcome.

None of us make decisions so that our lives will be worse off, sometimes that happens but the initial thought process was not to deliberately put ourselves in a worse situation.

So what I am getting at, is this girl is doing what she feels will help her survive a life that she feels will be better for her and only her, and if that involves a rich farang, then her survival chances will be greater.

Just sayin'.

The Blether posts many threads and has built up his reputation as a good guy. This makes it easier for such a poster to drop in the odd troll post.

Just sayin.

Anyway if this girl is a lesbian then she will have zero physical attraction to this guy. Or are we back to talking about Thailand can make you bisexual?. Would any straight man or woman spend the rest of their lives with a person of the same sex?

Seems ridiculous.

I,ve suspected for some time now that T.B. isn,t all he appears to be. whistling.gif

I reckon he is a ghost writer / ghost poster and both him and his sidekick ( aka mate ) he often refers to and V.Versa are inverted trolls. ( non disruptive contributors )

" Nom de guerres " for want of a better description who in turn are provided with input from several other nameless contributors. ermm.gif

marshbags thumbsup.gif

P.S.

As an intended non abusive post and a simple personal observation, I hope it is not deemed incorrectly as an offensively intended offering, it is not.

You think too much.

• Like 1

Ok, I have to apologize if the thread I started was considered trolling. I wasnt aware it had been done to death on TV. I started it to get some emotions going and get a feel about how others in the situation are really looking at their life, it wasnt done to be a rude so and so.

I mean theres a fine line between stiring emotion and trolling me thinks, and according to TV I crossed it.

OP, isnt this story exactly the same as what I said just reworded and in greater length?

No.

The OP's observations are interesting, not just in what he tells us but in that the means by which he comes to such seemingly solid conclusions.

My own observation is that Thai women wander around with their heads filled with hopeless romanticism - And I'm not of the opinion they got that from 'Hollywood'.

Though I accept the hypothesis within the OP's "Observation" will bring comfort to some and hence might be a point of view that fits nicely without disturbing the thoughts too much.

Did you read the OP?...........I wouldn't say it was highly opinionated.......I would say I suggested that there was a broader and deeper dynamic at work than many people realize but that I would pass it over to the experts for their opinion.

Methinks you've been on the red wine GuestHouse drunk.gif It's not like you to misread so badly. burp.gif

TB I was trying to be polite.

I was inferring, but did not wish to say directly that your observations are based on pretty thin evidence obtained second hand via a language you do not speak during a short observation period.

Holiday maker turns up, doesn't speak the language, obtains a passing second hand observation and comes away an expert.

Your caveat that you should hand this to the experts was hardly needed - Those who are not in need of the hypothesis your post contains saw right through it.

The hypothesis was that Thai women will marry within their own community for convenience, not for love.

I'm pleased you saw right through that, it shows that your stay in Thailand has not been a complete waste of time.You've picked up a bit of the culture, well done.

Now go tell it to the masses, those that believe it's a Thai / farang phenomenon.

Just sayin.

Seems ridiculous.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

P.S.

Your first observation is correct.

Everything else is wrong. I am not a ghost writer, I am not an inverted troll,and I do not have a college of assistants.

I do receive dozens of pm's and emails every day from members, I do have many ' virtual ' friends on TV, I do have many friends that I have met in person, and I do have friends on TV that I've known for years outwith the internet.

I'm for real, and there are many highly regarded members that can confirm that........though I will ask them not to bother as we don't need a ' support theblether ' campaign.

It's getting to "Jumping the shark" time for me on TV.

I've got two companies to run at the busiest time of year for both. I'll take a 90 day holiday from posting, I'll be back in December to arrange the New Years Eve party in Chiang Mai.

I'm not quitting, I'm temporarily retiring. Any questions pm me, send facebook requests to me via pm, and email requests too........and trust me.

I'll be back!!!

See you soon.

• Like 2

Just sayin.

Seems ridiculous.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

P.S.

Everything else is wrong. I am not a ghost writer, I am not an inverted troll,and I do not have a college of assistants.

I do receive dozens of pm's and emails every day from members, I do have many ' virtual ' friends on TV, I do have many friends that I have met in person, and I do have friends on TV that I've known for years outwith the internet.

I'm for real, and there are many highly regarded members that can confirm that........though I will ask them not to bother as we don't need a ' support theblether ' campaign.

I've got two companies to run at the busiest time of year for both. I'll take a 90 day holiday from posting, I'll be back in December to arrange the New Years Eve party in Chiang Mai.

I'm not quitting, I'm temporarily retiring. Any questions pm me, send facebook requests to me via pm, and email requests too........and trust me.

I'll be back!!!

See you soon.

Take care chum. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

No.

Sorry but yes it is. You have taken what Ive said, used an example that you know of and there you go. Thats fine.

Just sayin.

Seems ridiculous.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

P.S.

I'll be back!!!

See you soon.

Take care chum. thumbsup.gif

+ 1

Laddie ... the stories, the blethering ... it's the way he tells them.

First Class bloke that blether man.

Be a good chap and send me a Postcard please ... I'll know where to post it ... biggrin.png