Looking To Change Lawyers

Tesseract

I'm looking for new lawyers, preferably under foreign management that don't charge ridiculous rates. They need to be aggressive in achieving objectives under Thai law. Had enough of bulldust, laziness and the something for nothing brigade.

Any recomendations?

In my own experience and also other falangs who have had dealings with lawyers in Thailand, they all charge ridiculous rates. Certainly in comparism to the cost of living. A friend was charged 200,000 baht just for them to negotiate a settlement between himself and his girlfriend over the proceeds of a house sale. The total time invested by the lawyers, less than 1 hour. I was quoted 10,000 baht to draw up a will, about a third more expensive than it would have cost in Australia. Lawyers here really do have a licence to print money. I hope I never have to use their services, greedy bloodsuckers.

My experience is slightly different, I had cause to consult one over a problem builder , had 4 separate meetings, he sent 3 letters and made a few phone calls and didnt charge me a penny !

Just said "mai pen rai", so I bought him a bottle of whiskey to thank him. Really nice guy.

My experience is slightly different, I had cause to consult one over a problem builder , had 4 separate meetings, he sent 3 letters and made a few phone calls and didnt charge me a penny !

Just said "mai pen rai", so I bought him a bottle of whiskey to thank him. Really nice guy.

Congrats, but I wouldn't say your experience was typical.

If you're in Chiang Mai, just don't use the guy with a "lighthouse" in his logo!

I know the guy you speak of. I don't use him, but I am interested in your experience.

What happened?

Promises, promises. I had a slam dunk case, the police were 100% behind me, everything should have gone my way, and I should have settled 150,000 in my pocket.

He neglected to serve the papers in the required time frame. STUPID error. He's too busy chasing skirts.