Blacklisted People,can Never Enter Thailand Again?

money under the table can remove your name from the blacklist, if you know who to see.

But a blacklisting can be for a specific time, my friend was in jail in Thailand, not IDC, and he returned a few months later so not all those who get arrested are automatically blacklisted.

As I understand it - it is very difficult to get completely removed from the blacklist as it involved getting entries scrubbed from 2 different systems (Immigration & Police). That said, I know of several people over the years who have been blacklisted in Thailand, returned to their native countries, changed their names and had passports issued in the new name and returned under the new name. I'm not sure how feasible this scenario is in the age of e-passports.

Owen01

In theory, blacklisted is supposed to mean exactly that. But since Thailand is a developing country and corruption plays its part (and is neither a communist state nor a military dictatorship), Thailand has a more lesser-faire attitude to things including immigration. While China strictly regulates who can enter Tibet by requiring a permit of all foreign travellers, Thailand doesn't restrict foreigners from visiting the violence plagued southern provinces. Myanmar is legendary when it comes to travel restrictions, but strangely, given southern Thailand is far more dangerous, I can't understand why the Thai government doesn't restrict foreigners from visiting that dangerous region.

It's the same with blacklisting. Although one should not easily get off this list, I wouldn't be surprised if some people do. After all, Thailand does not have the sophisticated computer systems and technology that could easily be used to determine that Mr. Jones who was blacklisted and now changed his name to Mr. Smith in his native England is indeed the same person as Mr. Jones and should thus still be refused entry, no matter whether he converts to Islam, grows a beard, has a sex change or whatever else to make it appear he is not the same person as the original blacklisted Mr. Jones.

Blacklisting seemed to work very well in neighboring Myanmar though, despite that country being much less technologically advanced than Thailand. If they could do it well, surely Thailand can too? Incidentally, many people on the Myanmar government blacklist have recently been removed, thanks to the improved political climate over there.

Just apply for a new passport in your home country.

If it has a different number, you can return to Thailand.

As far as I know.

How many times you done it Tommo ?..come on fess up..biggrin.png

I've always been a good boy ............ in Thailand.

But

My pal was deported back to the UK after a 1 year stay in the BK Hilton (drug dealing).

He got a new passport and returned within a month (that was a few years back though).

Edited by TommoPhysicist

• 11 months later...

Does anybody know how go find out if your blacklisted? I have a friend who was arrested for marijuana 16 years ago, he skipped his bail and left the country and would love to know if he's black listed.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I understand there are two or three different blacklists, each for a different period of blacklisting. Your friend who jumped bail is most likely not on any of these lists. On arrival in Thailand he will be warmly welcomed by an immigration officer, arrested, and in due course be brought to trial.

ok check this true story out and see for yourselve what can happen :

Living and working in Thailand with valid BOI workpermit and yearvisa's for last 3 years.

Made girlfriend pregnant and she is awaiting baby on 2-09-2013.

Got arrested in Thailand by Immigration due to " having an arrest warrant " in home country

After 1 week IDC ( jail ) in bkk, paid own flight out of Thailand.

Big stamp in pasport over visa : " VOID " and another small red stamp with filenumber and immigration act ( 12/7 )

Arrived in homecountry , no arrest warrant there, just a " notice for : information wanted " by police.

Closed the case with police of homecountry in 2 hours and free to go do whatever.

Got a new clean Pasport with no stamps.

Explained to Royal Thai Embassy and got new yearvisa again.

Fligh to Thailand over Phuket , " Welcome to Thailand, enjoy "

I think : ok problem solved here.

Got a new workpermit ( which involves immigration checkings to ) and got a new workpermit.

3 months happy working and enjoying pregnant girlfirend ( due date 2/09/2013 )

Need to go out country for business and fly from BKK to SNG.

On going out , immigration halted me and asked " big or small handcuffs " ...

Explained what happened as they saw in their computer - " deported "on .....

How was it possible that i was in thailand while on the blacklist, did i pay some bribe money in Phuket, many questions more ....

Showed all the legal documents i carried to proof i was innocent before and no arrest warrant was ever issued.

They let me go out of Thailand but warned me not to come back as i was blacklisted...

Now : I missed my outbound flight due to all the questioning

Need to go buy new ticket .... INSIDE THAILAND ...

With the assistance of a plane-company staff , pased immigration again and they stamped my exit stamp as CANCELLED , red color :(

Bought new ticket at counter and go to immigration agian, check my pasport and yes , ring ring problem .

Why , when , how , Why you have CANCELLED in your pasport ?? grrrrrrrr a , got passed in time this time.

Fly to SNG , easy passing immigration and descided to fly back homecountry to solve issue first from there

( not taking the risk to be deported again while trying to enter Thailand again )

Go to Thai embassy in my country again and they didnt believe my story, i was cleared they stated.

now 2 months later , still no-one can confirm me my blacklisting.

Got Thai laywer who handels this in Thailand and got message " 99 years blacklisted , was only lucky to enter first time "

But , going on for getting appeal as the reason for the initial VOID was based on " having an arrest warant " which was confirmed , legalised and all by officials in my country to be not true , only a notice for information was handed over.

Now trying to proof that there was a bad translation made from the original document in english to the thai version ..

Now baby is getting delivered earlier then due date and i will fly to bangkok , of course , i want to be with my wive and baby.

I could not imagine that immigration will not allow me .... have all the valid documents with stating my inocence and more .... becoming dady.... my blood-type is very rare , so what if something goes wrong with delivery of baby ...

there are 2 reaons to be on the blaklist in my case :

1-....'having an arrest warrant.......'

2-....' being deported .....'

If the letter of notification was not translated wrong in the first place, they wouldn't arrested me.
if i wasn't arrested , i wouldn't be deported....

If i wasnt deported , i wouldnt be on the blacklist ..

My embassy says : we didnt do the translation, so we cannot help you.

thai immigrations says : your country wanted arrest ...

So , its not always that black and white ...its up to Thailand to descide your status... nomather what ..

If you have an ombudsman in your country I would make a complaint of the actions of your police department to them pointing out the problems it has caused and ask them to investigate and negotiate a settlement.

• Like 1

If you have an ombudsman in your country I would make a complaint of the actions of your police department to them pointing out the problems it has caused and ask them to investigate and negotiate a settlement.

Yes, is ongoing , but everybody is Umbrella policy...

...Big stamp in pasport over visa : " VOID " and another small red stamp with filenumber and immigration act ( 12/7 )...

For the information of the readers, section 12, paragraph 7 of the Immigration Act reads as follows:

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded
from entering into the Kingdom :
7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the
public or likelihood of being a nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace
or safety of the public or to the security of the public or to the security of the
nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign
governments.

Yes, is ongoing , but everybody is Umbrella policy...

Your biggest problem will probably be to get the Royal Thai Police to admit that they made a wrong translation of "wanted for information" and on that basis remove you from the blacklist without a settlement or with only a small settlement, but I see you are already working on that.

• Like 1