Bangkok Party - Ten Years Of Thaivisa @ Checkin99

raro

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. My other half like loves the steaks at Check Inn and we eat there when in Bkk. We happen to be in Bkk on the date of the party. My question is, Will there be steaks available to eat on the night of the party? If the answer is yes then put me on the list+1 please.

Hi LoveLaos.. the entrance cost includes a buffet of which we will include sliced roast beef,, we were not planning to activate the normal kitchen a la carte menu as we will be a bit overwhelmed as we already have 115++ signed up - however if you can come slightly earlier of course we will accommodate an early steak order (just don't give a lousy review on Trip Advisor if the waitress can't fight her way through the crowd of rowdy TV's also demanding more Carlsbergs burp.gif or the gannets lift your steak off the plate on the way from the kitchen! We will hold the small 3 seat rectangular table upstairs to the right of the stairs for you up till 7pm if that is OK. just PM me your phone contact details so we can confirm direct. (The steak will be an extra charge over the TV entry fee) so Raro - I would take that as two more bookings! (For the sake of my personal safety from potentially angry cooks that we make this an exception....violin.gif )

Edited by CheckInn99
  • Like 1

Hi LoveLaos.. the entrance cost includes a buffet of which we will include sliced roast beef,, we were not planning to activate the normal kitchen a la carte menu as we will be a bit overwhelmed as we already have 115++ signed up - however if you can come slightly earlier of course we will accommodate an early steak order (just don't give a lousy review on Trip Advisor if the waitress can't fight her way through the crowd of rowdy TV's also demanding more Carlsbergs burp.gif or the gannets lift your steak off the plate on the way from the kitchen! We will hold the small 3 seat rectangular table upstairs to the right of the stairs for you up till 7pm if that is OK. just PM me your phone contact details so we can confirm direct. (The steak will be an extra charge over the TV entry fee) so Raro - I would take that as two more bookings! (For the sake of my personal safety from potentially angry cooks that we make this an exception....violin.gif )

You are a true gentleman Sir. However, I'm not one to cause a fuss and I don't want to be known as the awkward bugger who insisted on eating steak whilst looking down on the hoy paloy from above ermm.gif

We will go to the party on Saturday then return on Sunday for the delicious steak thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

LoveLaos, we will make you some clips on Youtube! and will try and stash a few Carlsbergs aside for your next visit (as long as Barry and Raro don't find out - should be fine)

thumbsup.gif Well you won't have to stash them for long. We will be there on the 7th to enjoy your delicious steaks and quality entertainment.

P.S I prefer Beerlao to Carlsberg wai.gif

honestly, somebody has to be taking the piss, all these new members coming out of the woodwork to join the party cannot be genuine

TINFOILHAT CONSPIRACY THEORY PROVEN

We are so gratetful that Tinfoilhat had alerted us to yet another Conspiracy theory ... Tonight after his early warning that there might be pisstakers lurking amongst us... we increased our front door security in light of the huge deliveries of Carlsberg and Beer Laos expected at any time... then bold as brass... in walked someone impersonating our most paranoid TV the disguise nearly fooled everyone.. but when the imposter started to demand an early ration of Carlsbergs for the Thai Visa party it drew suspicion - our staff had not heard of any such party... all other aspects of the this clever guise would have worked. Thanks Tinfoilhat for your vigilance. The suspect's clever disguise was removed immediately and retained as evidence

.post-152805-0-75953200-1348838519_thumb.

Please please put the disguse back on - I've just had a lovely dinner that I don't want to lose.

Unfortuntely I can't make the party but can you ask Beer Lao if they would like to sponsor the Blues Brothers night in November? If not could they sponsor me? burp.gif At least I think it is in November.

Please can you let us know when it is so we can plan around it ? partytime2.gif

Edited by SamSipEt

If you cannot make it this time, there's going to be another party in Bangkok on December 1st. Check out the thread in the Bangkok forum and sign up! cool.png

sent from my Android phone

Going on tonight's visit to Check In 99, you won't want to miss it though.

Boys and girls, one week to go!

1) BobTh

2) AdaWooda

3) lujanit

4) talag

5) nurgut73 (I take this was a yes?)

6) CWMcMurray

7) boonchu

8) aaditshrestha

9) aaditshrestha +1

10) SeeVisionBurma

11) SeaVisionBurma +1

12) laceman

13) laceman +1

14) cooked Paul2

15) cooked +1 Bangkokbutcher

16) susanne001

17) Davo12

18) Davo12 +1

19) praktikdbl

20) soundman

21) MichaelG

22) granuaile

23) nicktheviking

24) Katipo

25) Katipo +1

26) cattoc

27) cattoc +1

28) hiabha

29) alfredthegreat

30) ishan14

31) ishan14 +1

32) yimlitnoy

33) Geekfreaklover

34) Paulinho

35) flightcrew1

36) flightcrew1 +1

37) mimimini

38) mimimini +1

39) praktidbl +1

40) smileplur

41) smileplur +1

42) JINGJOH

43) JINGJOH +1

44) TntrikLvr

45) TantrikLvr +1

46) bamukloy

47) bamukloy +1

48) reaper

49) andybangkkok

50) andybangkok +1

51) Tim7

52) Tim7 +1

53) phuturatica

54) phuturatica +1

55) thatswhatuthought

56) thatswhatuthought +1

57) bkkbuddy

58) Neurath

59) theoldgit

60) Photomike

61) joefromdc

62) asiaexpat

63) wordchild

64) wordchild +1

65) bangkokdick

66) ddye123

67) ddye123 +1

68) ekkamai

69) ekkamai +1

70) mawat

71) mawat +1

72) glen

73) synergyst

74) Akaitori47

75) Akaitori47 +1

76) just another BOF

77) duffsoby

78) Marcel1

79) Marcel 1 +1

80) creck

81) creck +1

82) soloman neilmjarrett

82) daiqiritoo

83) granuaile

84) granaile +1

85) Nick 2067

86) rachaya8

87) rachaya8 +1

88) hhgz

89) warapat

90) warapat +1

91) Pandora13 (come on....we will have space for you!)

92) Pandora13 +1

93) Wanee1

94) Dr. Chopper

95) DrChoopper +1

96) mtw1000

97) mtw1000 +1

98) Karlturecek

99) Bangkokbutcher +1

100) ThaiFraiGai

101) carra

103) flash77

104) Henksanuk

105) Henksanuk +1

107) ika

108) ika +1

109) beachyhead

110) SiamRose

111) flash77 +1

112) supersizefarang

113) supersizefarang +1

115) daiquiritoo +1

116) KhaoNiaw

117) peterdarby

118) bonobo

119) Scott

120) raro

121) raro +1

honestly, somebody has to be taking the piss, all these new members coming out of the woodwork to join the party cannot be genuine

TINFOILHAT CONSPIRACY THEORY PROVEN

We are so gratetful that Tinfoilhat had alerted us to yet another Conspiracy theory ... Tonight after his early warning that there might be pisstakers lurking amongst us... we increased our front door security in light of the huge deliveries of Carlsberg and Beer Laos expected at any time... then bold as brass... in walked someone impersonating our most paranoid TV the disguise nearly fooled everyone.. but when the imposter started to demand an early ration of Carlsbergs for the Thai Visa party it drew suspicion - our staff had not heard of any such party... all other aspects of the this clever guise would have worked. Thanks Tinfoilhat for your vigilance. The suspect's clever disguise was removed immediately and retained as evidence

.post-152805-0-75953200-1348838519_thumb.

Please please put the disguse back on - I've just had a lovely dinner that I don't want to lose.

Unfortuntely I can't make the party but can you ask Beer Lao if they would like to sponsor the Blues Brothers night in November? If not could they sponsor me? burp.gif At least I think it is in November.

Please can you let us know when it is so we can plan around it ? partytime2.gif

Samsip... with rootadmins help I was able to post the next Blues Brothers Night detail

http://www.thaivisa....-at-checkinn99/

Blues Brothers Night Sunday 11Nov... see the poster on the attached link

we run the movie with dinner from 6pm - then Music of the Heart put in a kickass curtain raiser the show commencing at 8pm (entirely dependent on the Illinois State Troopers in-ability to deny our errant duo access to the venue).

The night is our theme party highlight of the year (last April we sold out and had to close the doors with about 50 not able to come inside as a result Nana plaza apparently got visits from a pack of rampaging Blues Brothers impersonators)... with between a 12 -14 piece band Jake and Elwood flying in for the event. We are even able to fit in our 21foot 1974 Dodge. All the classic hits.. then Music of the Heart take over till we send you all back to your cells in the Joilet Correctional Center at 1.30am.

This is strictly a pre-booked night - where the ticket price is 100% redeemable against food and drink costs... you will have to get some tickets at the event next week - but you will need to be quick. Please follow the thread on the link for follow-on comments.

Cheers

Edited by CheckInn99