Looking For Chiang Mai Friends - Pls Read Conditions .....

LawrenceChee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sarcastic and totally un called for post has been removed

Was this my attempt to comment in Klingon? I assure you it was innocous and not in the least bit sarcastic as Klingon was mentioned (albeit spelt incorrectly). I apologise if I infringed the rules.

Edited by LemanRus

Sorry for the late reply ! While some of u have been busy posting your comments ...I had a great day !

Spent the morning with a friend and his wife who just got a new puppy..I love dogs and had a great time sharing some training tips and daily living stuff with a new puppy

They in turn hosted me to a nice chicken rice lunch venue with sheep that I wanted to try for the longest time ;-) yeah just right across serene lake for those still looking for the north 8 showroom !

This couples' friendship is my best thing for me this stay in Chiang Mai. They are down to earth people who are real and willing to share experiences and have a real friendship

Our age groups differ and we have a few common interests and spending time with them is a friendship that will grow over the years to come

I then spent the afternoon with an Aussie retired couple over tea and traded travel tips in Asia with them over their experiences setting up home here ...kkkk and they found Lert rot and the calamari ;-) gasp !!!!

Again the common platform for us was the passion for food and travel and we had a great time chatting and trading stories

I can't even comment on the videos or the job application comment except no one fancy a snob and I'm not one...however it's just wrong to dish out on success or people who have made it ...

So while there are doubters out there , this post has gathered me 5 new contacts who will no doubt over the years in Chiang Mai grow to be a meaningful friendship

I encourage all of you try...we are miles from home and you have made that big step to immerse in a new place why stop at the cable tv and Internet ?

Network and have another great day doing your laundry ...it's sunny !!

Cheerios

Lawrence

There are some pathetic, boring people on this site. Someone innocently asks to meet like minded people and those he would never want to meet jump in and criticise. They believe because they have 'contributed' to the site by a vast number of inane replies that they have something to say. Their drivel drags down the value site and those who genuinely want to help are lost in the mire of the poor sad creatures's response.Their life is spent on a computer, contributing nothing and finding fault in others .If you have nothing worthwhile to say don't say it

There are some pathetic, boring people on this site. Someone innocently asks to meet like minded people and those he would never want to meet jump in and criticise. They believe because they have 'contributed' to the site by a vast number of inane replies that they have something to say. Their drivel drags down the value site and those who genuinely want to help are lost in the mire of the poor sad creatures's response.Their life is spent on a computer, contributing nothing and finding fault in others .If you have nothing worthwhile to say don't say it

Absolutely rolleyes.gif . thumbsup.gif

But some here, me, come from a different working background and really don't like being segregated from those ''who have made it'', made what ? Cash, or learned to take folk for what they are, did their best and would shake hands with anyone. ????

• Like 1

But some here, me, come from a different working background and really don't like being segregated from those ''who have made it'', made what ? Cash, or learned to take folk for what they are, did their best and would shake hands with anyone. ????

I take your point. But if is up to you to just just walk away from it.

But my frustration has been built up by a number of posts on other matters, not just this one. People ask for help in the most basic areas and some think it is a free kick because the poster has only been involved with TV for a relatively short time. If a few hundred posts are rquired before you can have an opinion there won't be many people left on TV as us old farts fall off the perch.

All I am suggesting is that people be positive. I hope we are here to help one another.

Transom

Not sure if you understand...having interests like train rides, supporting a football club, love dogs, riding a vintage motorcycle, travel, food are just that ....interests or hobbies or things u enjoy doing ...not segregation by any means...

Would u not have hobbies or things u are passionate about ...?

Does that segregate u from your friends ...I don't think so unless you act like a pompous one then yes no one likes that or can accept the views or opinions.

Meeting another TV member on Monday for hotel buffets ...another passion or interest of mine !!! ...welcoming u to join us at Meriden at noon if u like we segregate no one :-)

I take your point. But if is up to you to just just walk away from it.

But my frustration has been built up by a number of posts on other matters, not just this one. People ask for help in the most basic areas and some think it is a free kick because the poster has only been involved with TV for a relatively short time. If a few hundred posts are rquired before you can have an opinion there won't be many people left on TV as us old farts fall off the perch.

All I am suggesting is that people be positive. I hope we are here to help one another.

Not about post counts, forget that. I was an ordinary working guy with some friends in important places, they accepted me, BUT, l accepted them too.

For someone to post here that his future friends must be up to his standard are complete shit. Perhaps the guy can only mix with ''his'' type BUT he is missing a lot. Us poor guys are not all robbers/criminals, we are folk, living life the best we can and appreciate friendship, from whoever.. smile.png

• Like 2

U are reading this wrong mate ...I am looking for like minded people not people who meet the standard

Last I know most of my interests are what every day people have around the world ....and not so hi-so club

I work for every dollar and am as ordinary as it can get....

My only strength is I am positive and choose to see the positives ...I continue to believe the forum is great for those who get the information and friends out of it

Have a great night off to Big C :-)

That's a bunch of pony. I asked about Straw mushrooms and had nothing but helpful replies.

Then again, I didn't ask those responding to meet a set of criteria.

Perhaps those wishing to make friends shouldn't, either.

• Like 1

Alright people, enough. Those of you with chips on your shoulders should really just brush them off. Those of you who stand in judgement and yet criticize the OP for judging need to get off your high horses.

If you don't have anything to contribute except your own personal issues then I would suggest you don't post in this thread at all. Cheers

• Like 1

Transom

Not sure if you understand...having interests like train rides, supporting a football club, love dogs, riding a vintage motorcycle, travel, food are just that ....interests or hobbies or things u enjoy doing ...not segregation by any means...

Would u not have hobbies or things u are passionate about ...?

Does that segregate u from your friends ...I don't think so unless you act like a pompous one then yes no one likes that or can accept the views or opinions.

Meeting another TV member on Monday for hotel buffets ...another passion or interest of mine !!! ...welcoming u to join us at Meriden at noon if u like we segregate no one :-)

Well to be honest with you after reading all your posts I feel we would not get along. I like you obviously love food. But you seem preoccupied with buffet's which are defiantly not good for me and I notice they are mostly over 500 baht. Definitely leaves me out perhaps one every week or two but that would be like committing suicide with food for me.

On the other hand I have a wealth of information about my self and could talk a lot about my self. I do how ever enjoy listening to people who have a wide experience in traveling.Or other subjects that interest me. For instances a friend of mine studied cooking under world class chiefs Before the age of 30 he was an executive chief for a large corporation. He owned his own restaurant and had a large catering service. I know nothing about these things but enjoy hearing him share his knowledge and experience's. Another person I know can tell some exciting stories with out breaking confidences as a CPA.

But as I said in a earlier post are you looking for friends or people to pass time with (acquaintances). And there is nothing wrong with that.

Heya HelloDolly

I like to write about hotel buffets to contribute a topic here on the forum as I notice most do not write beyond grand view or holiday inn...so it is my way of sharing information with all the folks here in CM

I don't eat daily at hotels ;-) who would want to ?

But again who would also want to read if I write about my noodle shop or khao pad experiences everyday since everyone has a favorite one just @ walking distance near your home

I am looking for friends as this is my home and my best friends are all in Asia they cAn swing here for a holiday or two but they don't stay here for me to meet them daily

to just past time ...well there is my kindle, my itouch, DVDs Swenson and Bangkok post ;-) and more ...

Well I'm not a fan of buffets. I just don't care for food from under heat lamps or steam tables. Plus I typically get full on a meal so all-you-can-eat is a waste for me. Oh I'll do them on the rare occasion when it's a special buffet and you get to enjoy a wide variety of foods (Usually bfast) but that's a rarity.

What I do like are local joints I discover. And without any friend requirements I'll pass along my favorite place in town. It's very unassuming but I think they do a bang up job with Thai dishes. I don't even know the name but here is a link to google maps street view http://goo.gl/maps/I1XGs If the blue canvas awning is pulled down as in this picture then they are closed and as is typical here, that seems to be a random event you have no way of anticipating.

There's a good chance that nobody will agree with me but I really love the place. Like most Thai food, it's a hell of a lot better eaten at the restaurant right after it comes out of the wok but they do take-aways as well.

I've only had one dish I didn't care for here and I think that was more of a matter of taste. It was broad noodles with pork and the pork was mainly fat but I really think that's probably how Thais like it and it just wasn't for me.

Read through this entire thread.

Could be very awkward come Olde Bell party time.

I can see both sides of the thing, and I think it's largely a semantic problem.

There is a distinction to be made between networking and friendship, and I think the emphasis on networking in the original posting probably put off a lot of people. I don't mind networking in a business environment, but it's definitely not how I choose my company.

Each to his own.

On the other hand I have a wealth of information about my self and could talk a lot about my self.

sounds exciting.blink.png

True

It definitely is true however the line was incomplete I went on to say.

I do how ever enjoy listening to people who have a wide experience in traveling.Or other subjects that interest me.

Apparently some people have no interesting stories.

But carry on I will not bore you with the details of having physic surgery from the Philippines done on me.wai.gif